Is Prtein In This Product?

• 1 Post By Glamourstruckk

Does Devacurl Heaven In Hair dt have Protein in it?

I have used it twice and my hair feels like straw. I would like to know what caused this so I don't do buy the wrong product again... thanks.

sorry for the misspelling, cannot edit it...Protein.

Last edited by crush; 07-14-2014 at 08:00 AM.

Originally Posted by crush
I no longer use DevaCurl products because the longer i used them the more they continued to dry my hair out. And, i had bought a big kit. It ended up being a big waste of my money. I have naturally dry curls and instead of finding the DevaCurls to provide moisture, definition, and taming of my curls, it did the exact opposite. There are some individuals who are able to use products from the line with no problems. While there are others who have used products from the DevaCurl line and all it did was dry their hair out.

All that i know about the DevaCurl Heaven In Hair is that it is supposed to be an intense moisturizing treatment. And, if it is not providing intense moisture to your curls, then i honestly wouldn't recommend continued use of this product. I would switch to something else.
3B natural hair

Current Regimen: Daily Bunning

Products currently using:
Shea Moisture Curl & Shine Shampoo
Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Shampoo
Shea Moisture Curl & Shine Conditioner ( I do use it with steam)
Protein Conditioner- Tresemme Keratin Smooth Conditioner (I do use it with steam.)
Shea Moisture Transtioning Milk
Pre-Poo Treatment- I switch between Regular and Extra Dark JBCO ( The lines I use from are - Jamaican Mango & Lime, Tropic Isle Living, and Sunny Isle)

Originally Posted by crush
I no longer use DevaCurl products because the longer i used them the more they continued to dry my hair out. And, i had bought a big kit. It ended up being a big waste of my money. I have naturally dry curls and instead of finding the DevaCurls products to provide moisture, definition, and taming of my curls, it did the exact opposite. There are some individuals who are able to use products from the line with no problems. While there are others who have used products from the DevaCurl line and all it did was dry their hair out.

3B natural hair

Current Regimen: Daily Bunning

Products currently using:
Shea Moisture Curl & Shine Shampoo
Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Shampoo
Shea Moisture Curl & Shine Conditioner ( I do use it with steam)
Shea Moisture Transtioning Milk
Can you post the ingredients list
20 y/o lifelong natural {4a-O ; spongy ; porous ; coarse ; dense ; ~MBL stretched}

products {'poo: TJTTT shampoo | RO: TJTTT Condish, YTC Condish | LI/style: TJTTT Condish, KCCC, homemade cocoa butter cream | DC: condish + ayurvedic powder(s) | PT: condish + NPF | oils: castor oil, grapeseed oil | other treatments: probiotics, tea rinses, AVG rinse/spritz, oil rinse | sealing method: LOCO}

CG-friendly Products List!
water, glycerin,ceteayl alcohol,cetyl esters, glycol distearate,polyquaternum7,cetrmum chloride, behentrmonium chloride,ceteapeth20. etc.... eyes are going funny...
Originally Posted by crush
If you live in a dry area, glycerin can pull moisture out of your hair. Polyquats can act like silicones and build up on your hair. Build up can eventually dry out your hair. I think I see some salt too.
sixelamy likes this.
Thank you VERY much Glamour.!!! I am going to try more oil types for a dt. We'll see...hehe
I Love your Hair !