Is Prtein In This Product?

• 1 Post By Glamourstruckk

Does Devacurl Heaven In Hair dt have Protein in it?

I have used it twice and my hair feels like straw. I would like to know what caused this so I don't do buy the wrong product again... thanks.

sorry for the misspelling, cannot edit it...Protein.

Last edited by crush; 07-14-2014 at 09:00 AM.

Originally Posted by crush
I no longer use DevaCurl products because the longer i used them the more they continued to dry my hair out. And, i had bought a big kit. It ended up being a big waste of my money. I have naturally dry curls and instead of finding the DevaCurls to provide moisture, definition, and taming of my curls, it did the exact opposite. There are some individuals who are able to use products from the line with no problems. While there are others who have used products from the DevaCurl line and all it did was dry their hair out.

All that i know about the DevaCurl Heaven In Hair is that it is supposed to be an intense moisturizing treatment. And, if it is not providing intense moisture to your curls, then i honestly wouldn't recommend continued use of this product. I would switch to something else.
3B, low density, high porosity hair

Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker
Camille Rose Naturals Curlaide Moisture Butter
Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter

Originally Posted by crush
I no longer use DevaCurl products because the longer i used them the more they continued to dry my hair out. And, i had bought a big kit. It ended up being a big waste of my money. I have naturally dry curls and instead of finding the DevaCurls products to provide moisture, definition, and taming of my curls, it did the exact opposite. There are some individuals who are able to use products from the line with no problems. While there are others who have used products from the DevaCurl line and all it did was dry their hair out.

3B, low density, high porosity hair

Marula Oil
Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker
Camille Rose Naturals Curlaide Moisture Butter
Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter
Can you post the ingredients list
20 y/o lifelong natural {4a-O ; spongy ; coarse ; dense ; ~MBL stretched (2 inches from WL)}

products {'poo: TJTTT shampoo | RO: TJTTT Condish | LI/style: TJTTT Condish, SM Manuka Conditioner, homemade cocoa butter cream | DC: condish + ayurvedic powder(s), SM Manuka Mask | PT: condish + NPF | oils: castor oil, grapeseed oil | other treatments: probiotics, tea rinses, AVG rinse/spritz, oil rinse | sealing method: LOCO}

long-term: HL stretched, BSL unstretched

CG-friendly Products List!
water, glycerin,ceteayl alcohol,cetyl esters, glycol distearate,polyquaternum7,cetrmum chloride, behentrmonium chloride,ceteapeth20. etc.... eyes are going funny...
Originally Posted by crush
If you live in a dry area, glycerin can pull moisture out of your hair. Polyquats can act like silicones and build up on your hair. Build up can eventually dry out your hair. I think I see some salt too.
sixelamy likes this.
Thank you VERY much Glamour.!!! I am going to try more oil types for a dt. We'll see...hehe
I Love your Hair !