-   -   New Shea Moisture Superfruit Complex Products? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/173544-new-shea-moisture-superfruit-complex-products.html)

beethedreamer 07-16-2014 08:52 AM

New Shea Moisture Superfruit Complex Products?

Has anyone tried these products yet? I know they're fairly new and exclusive to Ulta stores. I tried looking for them at my local Ulta, but had no luck.

They seem really interesting though! In the line there is shampoo, conditioner, a hair masque, and serum. I want to try the masque and serum, and was wondering if they're worth ordering online. I haven't found many reviews on these products, so I thought I'd try here to see if anyone has gotten their hands on any of them.

Let me know!

juanab 07-16-2014 11:54 AM

I am going to order the shower wash and body scrub next week. I will check in after I have had a chance to use them.

adthomas 07-16-2014 03:33 PM

I had not heard of this line. SM has something new every other week it seems. lol

I have a coupon for $3.50 off.

juanab 07-16-2014 04:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
FYI, ULTA has a buy one, get one 50% off sale on this line until 7/26.

Attachment 45593

abstractcurls 07-17-2014 07:49 AM

I saw them on Ultas website but no ingredients were listed. I'm going to try and hit Ulta later today and check them out. It's the large amount of waxes that Shea Moisture adds to their products that tends to get me. Hopefully these won't have it.

juanab 07-17-2014 09:47 AM

Shea Moisture has opened their online commerce site for all their products. You can find the ingredients here:

Sheamoisture.com

juanab 07-17-2014 11:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Shea Moisture announced hair care products to the Super fruit family earlier this month. Superfruit Complex 10-in-1 Hair Renewal System. Sold exclusively at Ulta. The system includes Shampoo, Conditioner, Hair Masque and Hair serum. I couldn't find a pic of the whole line.

Attachment 45608

abstractcurls 07-17-2014 02:04 PM

I couldn't find the ingredients for the hair care products online.

juanab 07-17-2014 02:06 PM

It's not being sold on their site. Exclusive to Ulta. That's why.

juanab 07-17-2014 02:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I found a pic of the whole line.

Attachment 45614

beethedreamer 07-17-2014 04:18 PM

I haven't seen the official ingredients list, but I have heard that this line of Shea Moisture products does have more chemically sounding ingredients compared to their other lines. I would definitely like to see for myself though.

juanab 07-17-2014 06:45 PM

I was able to find this list of ingredients for the masque:

SheaMoisture SuperFruit Complex 10-in-1 Renewal System Hair Masque

sixelamy 07-17-2014 09:53 PM

I couldn't find the ingredients either, Ulta's website doesn't have it listed :angry1: I'm very curious about this line. Thanks for the ingredients for the masque, gives us some idea.

Rimi 07-18-2014 12:18 AM

The hair products look fab. Sadly, though, the conditioning masque and the conditioner contain panthenol, so I won't be trying those.

Here is the ingredients list for the masque:

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Coconut Oil, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Glycerin, Shea Butter, Stearyl Alcohol, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Behentrimonium Chloride, Panthenol, Biotin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) oil, Mango Seed Butter, Fragrance, Raspberry Fruit Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Euterpe Pleracea Fruit Extract, Psidium guajava fruit extract, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Caprylhydroxamic acid, Caprylyl glycol, Citic Acid, Sodium Citrate, Ipomoea Batatas Extract, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium chloride

abstractcurls 07-18-2014 08:50 AM

I got the mask and conditioner and they are the best in the entire Shea moisture line IMHO. They are moisturizing and not overly heavy. Detangling was easy and the smell is lighter compared to the other line. I will be picking up the serum and shampoo at some point too.

Rimi 07-18-2014 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by abstractcurls (Post 2288575)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App

What does it smell like?

pinkpostitheart 07-18-2014 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by sixelamy (Post 2288501)

Isn't it strange that a brand that prides itself on its ingredients wouldn't have the Ingredients drop-down immediately at product launch on ULTA? I wonder who dropped the ball on that one: Ulta or SM? That kinda stuff is the reason I haven't actually shopped online at Ulta in a long while, despite becoming a bit of PJ...:snorting:

cocomichelle 07-21-2014 10:35 AM

HEY! I found a list of the ingredients used in this product at the blog: discoveringnatural.blogspot.com

abstractcurls 07-21-2014 02:10 PM

It smells like fruit but not sickly sweet. It seems like they may have added something like musk to tone it down. I could be wrong but I find it to be very pleasant

twirlygranny 07-22-2014 08:05 AM

There are some reviews on youtube