New Shea Moisture Superfruit Complex Products?

• 2 Post By abstractcurls

Has anyone tried these products yet? I know they're fairly new and exclusive to Ulta stores. I tried looking for them at my local Ulta, but had no luck.

They seem really interesting though! In the line there is shampoo, conditioner, a hair masque, and serum. I want to try the masque and serum, and was wondering if they're worth ordering online. I haven't found many reviews on these products, so I thought I'd try here to see if anyone has gotten their hands on any of them.

Let me know!
3a

Low-Poo (once a week, or so): SheaMoisture African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo
Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash. Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner.
RO: Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner.
LI: As I Am Leave In.
Styler: Eco Styler Moroccan Argan Oil Styling Gel.
I am going to order the shower wash and body scrub next week. I will check in after I have had a chance to use them.

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

I had not heard of this line. SM has something new every other week it seems. lol

I have a coupon for $3.50 off.
FYI, ULTA has a buy one, get one 50% off sale on this line until 7/26.

New Shea Moisture Superfruit Complex Products?-imageuploadedbycurltalk1405549917.999562.jpg

Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

I saw them on Ultas website but no ingredients were listed. I'm going to try and hit Ulta later today and check them out. It's the large amount of waxes that Shea Moisture adds to their products that tends to get me. Hopefully these won't have it.
Shea Moisture has opened their online commerce site for all their products. You can find the ingredients here:

Sheamoisture.com

Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

Shea Moisture announced hair care products to the Super fruit family earlier this month. Superfruit Complex 10-in-1 Hair Renewal System. Sold exclusively at Ulta. The system includes Shampoo, Conditioner, Hair Masque and Hair serum. I couldn't find a pic of the whole line.

New Shea Moisture Superfruit Complex Products?-imageuploadedbycurltalk1405617090.235451.jpg

Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

I couldn't find the ingredients for the hair care products online.
It's not being sold on their site. Exclusive to Ulta. That's why.

Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

Last edited by juanab; 07-17-2014 at 02:14 PM.
I found a pic of the whole line.

New Shea Moisture Superfruit Complex Products?-imageuploadedbycurltalk1405628161.556397.jpg

Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

I haven't seen the official ingredients list, but I have heard that this line of Shea Moisture products does have more chemically sounding ingredients compared to their other lines. I would definitely like to see for myself though.
3a

Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash. Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner.
RO: Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner.
LI: As I Am Leave In.
Styler: Eco Styler Moroccan Argan Oil Styling Gel.
I was able to find this list of ingredients for the masque:

SheaMoisture SuperFruit Complex 10-in-1 Renewal System Hair Masque

Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

I couldn't find the ingredients either, Ulta's website doesn't have it listed I'm very curious about this line. Thanks for the ingredients for the masque, gives us some idea.
2c-3a - coarse - normal-high porosity - high density - growing out to donate

NP/LP: KMF Whenever Cond./ YTCucs, Giovanni TTTT
RO/LI: Sevi Pumpkin Seed DC / CJ Argan & Olive Oil, KCKT, YTBbs
DT: Coconut Oil + scalp massage
OIL/STYLER: SM Elixir / KCCC, SS CEJ
COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
The hair products look fab. Sadly, though, the conditioning masque and the conditioner contain panthenol, so I won't be trying those.

Here is the ingredients list for the masque:

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Coconut Oil, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Glycerin, Shea Butter, Stearyl Alcohol, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Behentrimonium Chloride, Panthenol, Biotin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) oil, Mango Seed Butter, Fragrance, Raspberry Fruit Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Euterpe Pleracea Fruit Extract, Psidium guajava fruit extract, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Caprylhydroxamic acid, Caprylyl glycol, Citic Acid, Sodium Citrate, Ipomoea Batatas Extract, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium chloride
20 y/o lifelong natural {4a-O ; spongy ; coarse ; dense ; ~MBL stretched (2 inches from WL)}

products {'poo: TJTTT shampoo | RO: TJTTT Condish | LI/style: TJTTT Condish, SM Manuka Conditioner, homemade cocoa butter cream | DC: condish + ayurvedic powder(s), SM Manuka Mask | PT: condish + NPF | oils: castor oil, grapeseed oil | other treatments: probiotics, tea rinses, AVG rinse/spritz, oil rinse | sealing method: LOCO}

long-term: HL stretched, BSL unstretched

CG-friendly Products List!
I got the mask and conditioner and they are the best in the entire Shea moisture line IMHO. They are moisturizing and not overly heavy. Detangling was easy and the smell is lighter compared to the other line. I will be picking up the serum and shampoo at some point too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App
twirlygranny and sixelamy like this.

Originally Posted by abstractcurls
What does it smell like?

long-term: HL stretched, BSL unstretched

CG-friendly Products List!
Originally Posted by sixelamy
Isn't it strange that a brand that prides itself on its ingredients wouldn't have the Ingredients drop-down immediately at product launch on ULTA? I wonder who dropped the ball on that one: Ulta or SM? That kinda stuff is the reason I haven't actually shopped online at Ulta in a long while, despite becoming a bit of PJ...

Last Relaxer: 12/24/2012
Weekly Products I'm Using:
Step 1: Dove Pure Dry Oil Shampoo
Step 2: Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Conditioner
Step 3: Aveda Smooth Infusion Style-Prep
Step 4: Aveda Smooth Infusion Naturally Straight + Blow Dry + Flat Iron
my hair is normal-ish porosity / dense / fine+medium strands
HEY! I found a list of the ingredients used in this product at the blog: discoveringnatural.blogspot.com
It smells like fruit but not sickly sweet. It seems like they may have added something like musk to tone it down. I could be wrong but I find it to be very pleasant

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App
There are some reviews on youtube
PJ Rehab 9/2011