-   -   Piling it on (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/173664-piling.html)

KellBells28 07-23-2014 12:12 AM

Piling it on

Hi everybody... How many products do you have to usually pile on? Right now, mine is 2 or 3. I'm using the SheaMoisture milk, and GOT2B wave stuff, but my hair is curly. My hair is still very very dry but it gets good curl. Is there something else for my hair? My hair is 3B.

BotticelliBrit 07-23-2014 05:14 AM

I just use a leave-in and a good gel, that's all you need really. Though some people like to use a curl enhancer / smoothing product under their gel too (like Curl Keeper).

Reservechic 07-24-2014 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by KellBells28 (Post 2289750)

Your using the Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk as your leave in and your using the GOT2B wave stuff. What GOT2B product are you exactly referring to. As, i am not familiar with the line. So, i am not sure if the GOT2Wave products(s), may having ingredients with such that are drying to your hair.

My regimen is pretty simple. On wash day, i will either use a leave in and then my styler, or i sometimes i will skip using a leave in and go right to my styler of choice. For 2nd, 3rd, day hair and beyond, i simply will use one product to style my hair with. This is basically my regimen all year round.

I don't use alot of product in my hair because it makes my hair feel producty and i don't specifically care for that feeling. Because my hair is naturally very dry, i only wash my hair once a week. And by the time wash day rolls around, my hair already has a fair amount of product buidup in it by then.

The main brands that i love and use the most out of all the lines i own happens to be Mixed Chicks, Shea Moisture, and the Cantu Naturals Collection.

Nowadays, there are more products than ever in stores for curlies. Target, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, and even Sally's offers a wide range of products within their stores for naturals. If your not 100% happy with the current combination of products you ard presently using, definitely don't be afraid to explore products from another line or lines lines, okay.

KellBells28 07-24-2014 11:04 PM

Thank ya!

I use GOT2B dream waves or something like that thats supposed to create mermaid hair. Thanks for the help ladies!