Shea Moisture question

I leave in a very dry climate and often have dry hair. Would any one recommend the Shea Moisture brand (or even specific products from their line) for someone who lives in a dry climate? I am afraid of glycerin due to the drying affects.
Fine, 2c-3a, high porosity, high density

Hair hates glycerin

Please vote for my school club "Aquaponics and Sustainable Agriculture Initiative" at: http://www.inmybackyardcontest.com/category-4.html
Open until October 31st.
I really like their shampoos. The coconut hibiscus and the black soap are my favorite. I don't think glycerin in shampoo would cause problems, but I am not sure about the conditioner or styling products. I'm not in a dry climate but their curl milk makes my bleached hair really soft.
I live in a climate that is hot and humid almost all year round. It doesn't start too get cold where i live until late Fall. The weather happens to stay primarily on the cold side until early Spring. I am able to use products with glycerin in them all year round, no matter the season. However, i do understand that even though i can successfully use products all year round that have glycerin in them, i do understand others curlies not being able to do the same. Last Winter, it actually snowed for 2 days down in Southeast Louisiana where i live. Even though its a rarity, it actually does snow here too.

Not all products that have glycerin work for my hair. But, when i find ones that do work for my hair, i do continue to use them. Glycerin happens to be one of the ingredients my naturally dry curls loves the most. So, I simply go by what works for my hair period.

Due to your not wanting to use using glycerin in your hair, because your afraid it will be be drying to it, and you want to try the Shea Moisture line, i woud highly recommend going to the Shea Moisture website- www.sheamousture.com where you will find listed their haircare products, along with a complete ingredient listing for each one. So, that way, you will know exactly which hair products they offer that don't contain glycerin in them. Hope this info helps!
3B natural hair

Currently Using All Natural Products:

Shea Moisture Curl & Shine Shampoo
Shea Moisture Curl & Shine Conditioner ( I do use it with steam to DC with)
100% Pure Marula Oil (from Sally's Marula Collection)
Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker
Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twist Butter
Camille Rose Naturals Curlaide Moisture Butter

Last edited by Reservechic; 07-24-2014 at 07:05 AM.
I am a little confused because in the naturally curly.com store, the ingredients list vegetable glycerin but on the shea moisture store website they do not list any. Does anyone have any explanations for this??

Edit: Some have them and some don't.
Fine, 2c-3a, high porosity, high density

Hair hates glycerin

Open until October 31st.
Not all sheamoisture products contain glycerin.

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

I live in Nevada, dry desert. I love allll the shea moisture lines, no issue with anything even though some have glycerin
Originally Posted by ashlyndmarie
Lmao me too and I am literally obsessed with shea moisture