Ingred Gurus: Help!

I'm putting the name of the product really tiny at the bottom because everyone hates this brand. Anyway, it's a pomade and got some raves on makeupalley. I just want to know if there's anything in here that will build up terribly, like a wax. I shampoo once a week.

There appears to be an old and a new version of this, it's confusing, one seems to have a wax in it and this one doesn't. I think I have have the old version but it says "New Look!" The one I have is a white color, but the one I'm seeing in shelves now is orange-y and that's the one that I think has a wax or resin in it.

Ingreds:
Water
Ceteareth-25 (emulsifier, should be OK)
bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2 (what is this stuff?)
peg-7 glyceryl cocoate (emollient)
propylene glycol (humectant)
peg-8 methicone (OK, this is a silicone, right? but more water soluable because of the peg? or not?)
peg-7 hydrogenated castor oil
phenoxyethanol
glyceryl stearate
peg-100 stearate
fragrance
bunch of preservatives, parabens blah blah

I pooped out at the end there because I have one contact in for typing and one contact out so I can read the tiny ingredient list and it's driving me nuts!

Anyway, word is it's great for managing frizz which is a big problem area for moi.

It's pantene pro-v style Texture & Shine Defining Pomade
(my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)
Bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2 is a synthetic oil, so I'm assuming it's used as an emulsifier? And I think the "peg" before the cone means it's water-soluble.

Hope that helps!
2c/3a-M-i
modified CG since July 2004.
searching for products that work...
I'm not going to try to give an opinion because only a chemist could say for sure what the mixture of so many ingredients would cause, I feel that for the rest of us judging ingredients individually in a formula has very limited value as one can easily alter the function of another.
2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC
Originally Posted by HalfWavyHalfCurly

Okay... I retract my assumption that it's an emulsifier. It's still a synthetic oil.
2c/3a-M-i
modified CG since July 2004.
searching for products that work...
Well, whatever, I tried the product once and was not pleased. Supposedly the trick is to use a very little amount and to really spread it in your hands. The women who said it was hot stuff had fine hair so I thought it would work for me, but it's just too thick and waxy. It did seem to rinse out pretty well.

On to the next experiment!
Castella,

Which shampoo do you use? I'm asking because maybe there could be one better suited for your hair that won't cause frizz.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC
I try to use a shampoo that'll work for hard water. Lately I have been alternating CJ Hibiscus Bliss with Creme of Nature and shampoo once a week.

I've also been using the packets of Iron Rid that Malibu 2000 sells. Last week I used their Quicken product with the Iron Rid after CON.

Then I always do a DT for an hour or longer after shampooing. Usually I have great hair the next day, it just progressively gets worse at the week goes on which I totally blame on my water. I have a new Sprite High Flow filter on the shower and a water softener (for hot water only) which I think may be useless.

So anyway, I had really great hair yesterday! Then I used almost the exact some product combo with bad results. I think maybe I need to pay more attention to how I handle my hair.

This is why no one should ever ask me what I use because I am an attention junkie and will babble on forever!