Old 03-19-2007, 07:44 AM   #1

gryantmarch2step's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2005
Default MOP Top Light Hold Anti Frizz Gel

This product is not working for me. I think it may work better for less curly hair. I have 3B/C and it's making me have horrible hair days. I totally love the idea of no silicones in the gel but for some weird reason this gel isn't doing anything for me. I think it's really similar to Deva Angell, which didn't work for me either. I've found the best gel for my hair is still B&A.
3B~Botticelli/3C~ Corkicelli~Blonde
Faves: B&A Gel, BRHG, ReCoil, KC Knot Today, Curl Junkie CCCC

PW: dmbcurls
gryantmarch2step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:17 AM   #2

medusahair's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2006

No way it didn't work for me either and I'm less curly than you. No hold at all. Now Angell I love but the mop top has zero hold. I think they do maybe both have a similar ingredient though but something is lacking for my hair in the mop top.
2c/3a?
Low porosity, medium texture.

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
medusahair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:37 AM   #3

Kaia's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2006

Neither of those worked for me. Mop Top gave me more shine than Angell, but absolutely no hold at all. My hair would look good for about 10 minutes, before all the curl fell out.
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
Kaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:38 AM   #4

Join Date: Mar 2007

That's funny, I just started using the Mop Top gel, and it works really well. I hated Angell--it left buildup on my hair and made it feel like straw or something. But with the Mop Top I actually get shine, which is rare for me, and good hold. It even gets a little crunchy which I scrunch out later.

I do use the gel after the detangler, though--don't know if that would make a difference.
chococurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:38 AM   #5

Join Date: Mar 2007

Oh and btw, do you use the Mop Top pomade with the gel? I don't use it, but their website says it's supposed to provide more hold in addition to the gel. Sorry I can't tell you if it's any good or not, but it's an idea.
chococurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:19 PM   #6

Join Date: Nov 2004

Originally Posted by chococurls

I do think the detangler spray makes a big difference with the gel. I don't have great results without the spray.
3a Colored, Layered
Currently loving:
Cond: CJ Strengthing, Marie Dean, CJ Curl Rehab
Leave -In: Marie Dean Red Clover, Coconut Lime Detangler and just about the entire line, CJ Rehab
Gelly: UFDCM, Paul Brown Geletine Goo
Towel - HG - Curls Like Us

Always use the "Icequeen" method for products
icequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:56 PM   #7

Kaia's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2006

I tried it with the spray, and it didn't make much of a difference. I did like the spray and gel (watered down) to touch up dry hair, but not enough to justify buying full sizes.
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Kaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:40 PM   #8

Join Date: Jul 2006

I just got a sample of this and have used it a few times. I actually like it and I thought that Angell was useless. It doesn't have great hold for me but it seems to work without giving me that producty feel. Still, I've got to try that B&A gel that folks rave about!

Michelle
memes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:58 PM   #9

gryantmarch2step's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2005

Well if anyone is interested, it's up on the swap board w/ shipping included!
3B~Botticelli/3C~ Corkicelli~Blonde
Faves: B&A Gel, BRHG, ReCoil, KC Knot Today, Curl Junkie CCCC

PW: dmbcurls
gryantmarch2step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:50 AM   #10

Join Date: Nov 2003

What is B&A? Batia and Aleeza?
Verity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:41 AM   #11
Guide18
Guest

Posts: n/a

Originally Posted by Verity
What is B&A? Batia and Aleeza?
  Reply With Quote