WEN - Is my hair "coned out"

So, I have been using WEN for the past six months or so. I've noticed it took sometime for my hair to get used to it and well it did. Softer, more manageable hair. And then it happened. My hair has been feeling waxy, and back to or even drier than prior to using Wen.

Is Wen primarily a "cone"driven product? I do rollers so I use Organic Argan oil.

Is my hair "coned"out? What should I do?
3b/C with nicer curls on the bottom!
Hair: naturally very dry and VERY porous
hair seems to be moody.
Does not seem to like oils
Does not like protein or too much?
Does not like rich products

So, I ask myself. What does it like? That is the question, and I'm on a mission.
You sound like you might have build-up. I'm not familiar with the WEN line, does the shampoo have sulfates? You might want to try clarifying with a sulfate shampoo and see if that improves things.
3A with some 3B thrown in. Medium porosity.

Pre-poo: Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
Low-poo: SM Coconut & Hibiscus shampoo / ElastaQP Créme Conditioning shampoo
Conditioner:
Experimenting
D/C: Giovanni 2chic Avocado & Olive Oil Ultra Moist Deep Moisture Mask

Leave-in: My DNA
Styler: Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity

UK curly. CG since October 2013.
Aiming for WL curls (eventually)
I think you're right. I went ahead and bought the ouidad clarifying shampoo. I hope that's what it was.

I have noticed that 613 by wen does have some cones.

3b/C with nicer curls on the bottom!
Hair: naturally very dry and VERY porous
hair seems to be moody.
Does not seem to like oils
Does not like protein or too much?
Does not like rich products

Regular Wen has amodimethicone. I noticed this becoming a problem for my hair when I was using it or its knockoffs; after about a week of great results, no hope of coaxing curl until I did a sulfate wash to wipe the slate clean. Lack of lather, rinse, repeat. >.>

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CurlTalk App
2c. present color& past heat damage, fine, low-density, high porosity, happy with some protein. re-CG as of 5/2014. Wash:V05 PFS or KLS, RO: (trying to use up my stash; so it's always different!), LI: Cure Care, DT: SM Smooth & Repair Hair Masque, Style: Ecostyler Olive Oil / La Bella Lots of Curls gel
I usually can't use Wen regularly. I use it maybe once or twice a month to get good non-drying results. I think that my hair gets "used to" certain products so I try to keep a good rotation going. I use As I Am Co-Wash or Ouidad Clarifying Shampoo if I am not using Wen.
Hair Type: 3B/3C Mix
Hair Texture: Fine/Medium
Hair Density: Low
Hair Porosity: Low
Hair Length: SL (when curly) BSL (when stretched)
Favorite Moisturizering Oils: Jojoba Oil, Tea Tree Oil, and Coconut Oil
Visit My Blog
first let me say that if I had the money Wen's 613 would be a staple in my life. my avi is actually my hair after washing & air drying with it. anyways yeah, after a while my hair needed a good clarify with shampoo. the argan oil probably isn't helping either. the only cone Wen has is amodimethicone which turns into a nightmare after a while. the pros far outweigh the cons with Wen though, as long as you do a good clarify every now & then & switch up products from time to time it's an amazing product.
🐾
Amodimethicone doesn't build up on itself, but you may have buildup from other things, like if you have hard water, other products you use, etc etc. The coating won't come off until you use a cleanser that is able to get rid of it, hence the dry hair from the product not being able to penetrate the hair properly.

If you like it, keep using it - just do a low poo with cocamidopropyl betaine in it every few washes and you should be fine.
2c-3a - coarse - normal-high porosity - high density - growing out to donate