Aveda Straight Infusion Naturally Straight

• 1 Post By curlisue1
  • 1 Post By sixelamy

Has anyone tried this? I only air-dry my hair, so I am wondering if I could use this without any heat tools at all to slightly loosen my curl occasionally.
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Acure Argan Stem Cell+Argan Oil, Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Repair
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
DT: Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!, KC Stellar Strands
Do you mean smooth infusion or is there another product?

A friend of mine just gave me some samples of smooth infusion and I'm going to try it soon. Although I'm not going to straighten my hair, she said that it would help control frizz and loosen the curl a little.
The product is called Naturally Straight. In the Smooth Infusion line from Aveda.
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight
Okay. That's what I have then. I just tried it this evening. I'm not going to straighten with heat but just let it dry. I'll report back. My directions say that if you use it for three to five days it will naturally loosen the curl. We will see.

Anyone else try this?
curlypearl likes this.
My stylist uses this on me when she straightens my hair. Sadly, I've never tried it on curly hair. I do love the way it feels in the hair though
curlypearl likes this.
2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density

NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever Conditioner/ Giovanni TTTT
RO/LI: Sevi Pumpkin Seed, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, JC Too Shea, Aussie Moist
DT: Coconut Oil + scalp massage
STYLER: Ouidad Climate Control, KCCC, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly, JC Rockin' Ringlets
COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquats, parabens
This is the second day I've used it and while I'm not noticing any curls relaxing I do like the feel of it in my hair. My hair is really soft. Even with gel in. I put the aveda in and then bioterra gel then a little BHRG.

Aveda Straight Infusion Naturally Straight-uploadfromtaptalk1426859707914.jpg
I'm on day 8 using this. I have noticed a *very* slight elongation of my curls, but definitely nothing close to making my hair "relax" into a looser curl. And that's OK with me; I just wanted to experiment to see what I would get. On different days, I applied it to my hair with and without using a leave-in first, but I always followed it with one of the gels I use. I think I got better results using it in place of leave-in.

This product has a lot of silicones, but I wanted to try it anyway, and I think it's the silicones that provided any change to my hair. It's been rainy here, and my hair wasn't frizzy. Here are the ingredients:

Water, Dimethicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Calophyllum Inophyllum (Tamanu) Seed Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Tapioca Starch, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Babassuamidopropyltrimonium Methosulfate, Behenamidopropyltrimonium Methosulfate, Polyquaternium-10, Sodium Chloride, Maltodextrin, Fragrance, Linalool, Citranellol, Citral, Limonene, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol.

I plan to use this for another day or so, which would bring me to 10 days of use. The Aveda site recommends using it for 5 days with heat tools of some sort. Before I purchased it, I chatted online with a CSR who said that the product would *definitely* relax my curl somewhat with no heat. I never use heat on my hair but I might give this a whirl using my pancake diffuser at some point just to see if heat without any sort of pulling of my hair changes the results I got.
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight

Last edited by Spiralli; 03-20-2015 at 09:48 AM.
Personally, I don't see how a product can loosen any curl, unless it builds up or it's extremely heavy. Yes, if you use a flat iron on it, obviously it would elongate lol. It's all marketing really. I'm sure the majority of people using this product would put some sort of effort into straightening out the hair.
2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density

NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever Conditioner/ Giovanni TTTT
RO/LI: Sevi Pumpkin Seed, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, JC Too Shea, Aussie Moist
DT: Coconut Oil + scalp massage
COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquats, parabens
I just got samples of the smooth infusion smoothing masque, naturally straight and style prep. Will I see something worthwhile?

I'll report back.
2/c and some 3A.
Protein sensitive but can use occasionally
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Stylers: Mix Curls in a Bottle into everything for shine. Terrible pj
Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift