CJ Pattern Pusha

• 3 Post By sixelamy
  • 1 Post By rbb

Tried it. Hated it. My hair was a limp and frizzy mess! I also got absolutely 0 crunch with it when it air dried. Totally disappointed! Everyone seems to have much luck with it. It's ok though, I ordered a bottle of the Curl Queen which is totally my HG gel now! I can die happy now that I have tried both

: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
it's interesting. my hair loves cj pp and my daughter's hair does not. her hair loves curl queen and it's just totally neutral, like nothing in my hair.

so very interesting and frustrating to see how very different each head of hair is, even if texture and porosity match up.

fyi -- marsha's goal in creating her products is that there be something for everyone, not everything for everyone. she tries to work with individual types of hair in her product line. (altho many of the products are universal, i.e., repair me.)
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, cj CIAB
It is interesting, isn't it? She definitely does create something for everyone, and I love that! Her products are amazing. I'm glad one of her gels work for me... I've gone through almost every gel under the sun and nothing has worked in the summertime for me, except the old formula of Ouidad Climate Control w/ the crappy parabens I don't like to use.

: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
I have found that the Pattern Pusha doesn't do much for me, either. I don't even get any crunch from it at all.

I'm definitely a "curly" 2c. Sometimes curly and sometimes just wavy upper layer with a ringlety under layer. My hair has been thick and coarse since birth. Strawberry blonde in color that can and does change depending on the type and amount of light.

All in all, I'm happy with my hair type but almost for sure think yours is prettier.
Is this the new pattern pusha you tried?

I had a bottle of the old one (which I sadly had to leave behind when I moved overseas). It wasn't bad! I liked that I could use it on dry hair as well for refreshing... that's not a common thing for gels. It was versatile. IT wasn't my favorite but it was good. I never had any of the flakiness problems.... I only had that problem once when I added it to dry hair in a gloopy fashion... otherwise never had the problem. Eeep.
2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal porosity shaft. normal elasticity.

Low-poo: Seaweed Bath Co. Unscented shampoo
Cowash: Cure Care
RO: Cure Care, V05 KL, G SAS
Styler: UFD CM (old formula), FSG + CNPF, DE Shine & Refine, AB Strong Hold gel, SM C&S milk
PT: IAgirl's gelatine, CJ Repair Me

hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646
I'm not sure which one I tried, I got a couple ounces from sheilacurl. If she sees this, maybe she can answer.

: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
wavydaze -- if you liked the old pp, you will love the new pp. you can still use it on dry hair, i do. difficult to explain the difference, but one is that it doesn't flake (i never had a problem with that, but i know some did), it is more curl enhancing. can't remember so much about the old one now, lol, but i do love the new pp.
DrRach likes this.
Originally Posted by rbb
Good to know! I actually just tried the old one (I had a little bit in one of my travel bottles) and it's my favorite gel currently. I was so sad it was discontinued.
2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal porosity shaft. normal elasticity.

Low-poo: Seaweed Bath Co. Unscented shampoo
Cowash: Cure Care
RO: Cure Care, V05 KL, G SAS
PT: IAgirl's gelatine, CJ Repair Me

hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646
I love PP. Gives me a nice hard cast that scrunched out easily and I can get 4 day hair. I usually use it with CIAB underneath and I little bit on top.
3 ab Baby fine, Low density, high porosity, naturally pale blonde but growing out dark brown dye! And a UK Curly Girl
No/Low Poo: CJ Daily Fix, Deva No Poo
LI: CJ SL, KCKT, AJ Quench
RO: CJ Smoothing Condish,
Deva OC
DT/PT: CJ Repair Me!, CJ Curl Rehab, Hask Keratin
Stylers: CJPP, Ouidad CC gel, CJ CIAB under all gels.

If i listed all the products I actually own I would be embarassed!
Pattern Pusha falls into the average to good category for me (along with about 95% of products I've tried). I get good shine and my hair is touchable and soft, but it doesn't do much for curl pattern (it's on the thick side compared to what I use, and thicker gels tend to pull my curls out). So it's ok, but not really a standout, and trust me, like a truly insane person, I keep trying. I've tried ever version since the original jar formula.

3a/f/iii
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
Does anyone know when the new PP was released?
last fall, 2014. i think maybe even dec. but definitely by dec.
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, cj CIAB
i just remembered, it is on the cj website -- 10/14. i know it was sold from the cj website 10/14, not sure when other venues were out of the old and selling the new. most likely by 12/14, maybe sooner??
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, cj CIAB
Bought it a couple months ago, finally. I use it the way I use to use Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Jelly...to add slip and thin thicker gels. Makes my curls plumper and less elongated. Perfect amount of hold for me when mixed with Super Wet or Ecostyler gels.
PJ Rehab 9/2011