Desert Essence Fragrance Free conditioner

Has anyone tried the Desert Essence Fragrance Free conditioner? I have fragrance allergies so I have been looking for a good conditioner for my 3b curls that is fragrance free. I've heard some girls with straight hair say that they like it, but I haven't really heard any reviews from any curly girls. Has anyone tried it?

Originally Posted by shishacurls
This is one of the first Desert Essence conditioners I've used. It doesn't provide a lot of slip; however, it kept my curls moisturized when I used the Desert Essence Fragrance-Free shampoo.

I don't recommend using that particular shampoo because it's very harsh and drying.

Last edited by ShadowLace; 07-20-2015 at 03:52 PM.
[/QUOTE]

I didn't experience a lot of breakage (I contribute my breakage due lack of actual protein treatments) using it, but I found I needed more slip to detangle my hair. It was a good moisturizing conditioner. There's no protein in it, if you're protein sensitive. I hth! [/QUOTE]

Is it protein free? It does have sea kelp in it, a little further down on the list. I've heard that sea kelp is a protein. I just tried it last night and it actually had pretty good slip for me and it felt moisturizing on my hair in the shower, but today my hair feels dryer than usual. I was wondering if it was the sea kelp since I am protein sensitive. On the other hand though, I used a shampoo with sulfate in it before the conditioner so I thought maybe it was dry from the shampoo, so I was going to try the desert essence shampoo with it to see if my hair still came out dry after...but you said the desert essence shampoo was really harsh and drying? So did your hair feel dry after using both the shampoo and conditioner or did it still feel pretty moisturized after it dried?
I was unaware about sea kelp having protein properties. I just looked for the hydrolyzed proteins, or whether a product has coconut oil (which can mimic a protein in the hair).

I switched shampoos after it left my hair dry but not straw-like (no matter what conditioner I used after). This shampoo doesn't seem as harsh as sulfate shampoos (those turned my hair to a straw/tangled mess). I think the cleansing agents might work clarifying the hair, I'll have to revisit to see if it works better that way.

I digress, the fragrance-free conditioner was still pretty moisturizing on it's own. Perhaps, you could try to use it as a co-wash? If you want to still try the shampoo, then why not? Since you're using a sulfate shampoo already, this change may help your hair retain more moisture.
Yes! I loved it .FrageFragFragrance aggravate my facial eczema and irritate my scalp too. I found it to be one of the slippierist condishes i have used . However it got really humid and rainy here after a whilr and the glycerin gave me frizz. My hair was pretty healthy and soft while using it though and i finished the bottle in a month. Normally thr PJ in me doesnt let me finish a whole bottle of conditioner till i get a new one and i end up chucking it out.