Slipperiest conditioners

• 2 Post By CatitudeBoo
  • 1 Post By eveum
  • 1 Post By NvmbrCurlss
  • 1 Post By BeautyOG

Which silicone-free conditioners have the most slip? I am always looking to try new conditioners that will cut down on my detangling time, bc my hair is so long and also tends to be very dry. I am looking for SLIP in a in a major way. Could be for a LI or RO.
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

CJ Beauticurls Strengthening is my top choice, followed by Giovanni Smooth as Silk. But my favorite detangler is CHS Slip, which is a leave-in spray. Works better than anything else I've tried, including Kinky Curly Knot Today.
Spiralli and spiderlashes5000 like this.

3a/f/iii
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
The slipperiest thing i have ever used is Living Prood detangling rinse. I apply my conditioner but do not detangle with it. Then rinse out and apply a small amount of detangling rinse. This stuff is amazing, the knots literally drop out and i can go straight to using my Denman without using fingers first. Then rinse out and it leaves my hair really silky. Its expensive but lasts for ages as you only need to use a small amount.
spiderlashes5000 likes this.
3 ab Baby fine, Low density, high porosity, naturally pale blonde but growing out dark brown dye! And a UK Curly Girl
No/Low Poo: CJ Daily Fix, Palmers Cowash, LP Curl
LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion, LP No Frizz
RO: CJ Smoothing Condish, Organic Surge

DT/PT: CJ Repair Me!, CJ Curl Rehab, Hask Keratin
Stylers: CJ CIAB, Supercream, LP Curl cream & mousse

If i listed all the products I actually own I would be embarassed!
Tresemme Naturals, cheap, easy to find, moisturizing & gives great slip
CG since Dec. 2013
3b/c ~ fine ~ high porosity ~ low density
No-Poo: Creme of Nature Argan Oil Moisture & Shine
RO: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner
Styler: La Bella Extreme Sport Styling Gel
Kinky Curly Knot Today is the best detangler I've ever used. It's too expensive for me to ship so I use Tresemme Naturals, they have pretty decent slip

Low Shampoo: Aveda Be Curly Shampoo
Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture/ Perfectly Undone
Treatments: SM Black Castor Oil Masque/ Packet Gelatine
Leave in: Redken Diamond Oil Conditioner
Styling: AG Recoil Curl Activator/V05 Mega Hold/Cornstarch
Refresh: Redken Fresh Curls Curl Boost

Between Waist and Hip Length (stretched), 2C with 2B roots
Giovanni 50/50 is delightful. You can buy a huge bottle for $13 at tjmaxx or marshalls😊
3B, Fine, Normal P, Normal E, Low-Med D
LowP: Kinky Curly Come Clean (50% EVOO)
NoP: As I Am CC
RO: Suave Coconut, VO5 Shea Cashmere
LI: KCKT or CJBCLI or HETT/HENOYF (w/ 8 drops GSO)

"To much is given, much is expected"
Is the Giovanni 50/50 rich enough for color-treated hair? Looking for a good cheap r/o conditioner for my 2c-3a color-treated hair(it's bob-length). Thanks!
Good to see I'm still in the loop. Knot Today is a staple for me...has been since it first came out. I'm also on my second huge bottle of Tressemme Naturals. Works great! But always worried it's too cheap and I will regret it eventually. I remember using certain Giovanni products back in the day; can't recall why I stopped. Not sure if it was the 50/50. I will def (re)purchase. (Do you use Trader Joe's Nourish? If I recall, it was similar to one of the Giovani conditioners. Is that the case? Is Nourish high on the slip factor?)

I do love CJ products but never tried that one. Will check it out! Thank you for the reminder; I think CJ and Oyin are sooooo underrated; they are such awesome lines.

Hmmmm never would have considered Living Proof. Interesting! Thank you.

I'm reading that The new Deva Curl Decadence conditioner has a lot of slip, too. The regular One C is pretty slippery too.

I think Elucence also has a lot of slip.

I haven't experimented much w/ new products in many years, barring the occasional Shea Moisture product and Tressemme Naturals. I thought I was missing out on a lot of new and better products. But it seems some of the tried and true oldies are still high on the list.
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

caramix3a: Giovanni has glycerin, which gives it great slip (and super moisture!), But I believe I read glycerin strips color...maybe someone can chime in on this theory...?
3B, Fine, Normal P, Normal E, Low-Med D
LowP: Kinky Curly Come Clean (50% EVOO)
NoP: As I Am CC
RO: Suave Coconut, VO5 Shea Cashmere
LI: KCKT or CJBCLI or HETT/HENOYF (w/ 8 drops GSO)

"To much is given, much is expected"
Oh no, about the glycerin! It seems that so much is either harmful to curls or color, or both! Also, here's a pet peeve, WHY don't companies make products for hair that's both curly AND color-treated??? It seems that there are products for one or the other, ignoring the fact that many curly-haired people of different types do in fact color their hair. Just a thought here!
I use OGX sea mineral conditioner, but it has a cone in it so if you do wish to use it you'll want to clarify annually. I have had no problems with it its very moisturizing.

Sent from my QMV7B using CurlTalk App
My Hair:
3b - Low Porosity - High Density - Medium/Course Strands - Virgin Hair - Waist Length (Stretched) - I am a proud follower of the Begin Neglect Method!

Current Products:
Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Conditioner
LA Looks Extreme Sport Gel
Avocado Oil

Blog: http://justmeandmycurl.blogspot.com/

I have been a CG for 1 Year and 6 months!

Current Length Goal: Waist Length while Curly or Hip Length Stretched

"Desert Essence fragrance free conditioner"which i found on a quest for hypoallergenic perfume free and cone free condishes has amazing slip.. detangles fast and just melts into the hair.. better than Tresemme Naturals and Shea moisture raw shea Conditioner. However it does have glycerin high up on the list for those who are glycerin vary.
Deva Curls Decadence One C, Curl Junkie Rehab and Giovanni Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor all give me insanely amazing slip.
4a / 3c fine texture, low and normal porosity
washing/cowashing, conditioning: devacurl decadence one condition, hair rules quench, as i am coconut cowash, curl junkie daily fix, curl rehab
leave in: curl junkie smoothing lotion, hawaiian silky 14 in 1, hair rules quench, as i am, camille rose fresh curl
styling: hair rules curly whip, camille rose curl maker
sealants: oil rinse with Africa's Best Herbal Oil, Soultanicals Knot Dressing, bekura palm tapioca or jane carter nourish & shine
Curl Junkie Beauticurls Strengthening
Loving Shampoo Bars right now!
Tresemme Naturals, cheap, easy to find, moisturizing & gives great slip
Originally Posted by CatitudeBoo
I second Tresemme Naturals!
Low porosity 3c/4a is the best way I can describe it

Leave-in: SM JBCO Leave-in
Deep conditioner: DC Heaven in Hair / Aussie 3 min
Protein Treatments: ORS Mayonnaise
Oils/Butters: Avocado oil, Jojoba oil
This is available in the UK, I believe it was the replace the sleek and shine range. Its for frizzy hair and contains cocoa butter and coconut. It has really good slip and works well on my high density, normal porosity 3c hair