Raves for curl junkie

deep conditioner with hibiscus and banana, my really dry hair seems to have perked up. Wonder if your hair can get used to some products. Still using Jessicurl deep conditioner and confident coils and AG re:coil Checking out other products with Astrocaryum Murumuru Butter like anita grant.
Deciding what to be when I grow up!!!
Mostly a 3b with thick, dry, frizzy hair. Using Jessicurl CC, re:coil, jessicurl conditioners and Elucence and Curl Junkie
Oh. I like the leave in . . . Wonder if I'd like this . . .

And the product junkie roars its' ugly head. Again.
embracing my inner curl since late Nov 2006
2b/3a (I think?)
color-treated red/brown, medium-textured hair
PJ, currently using Suave citrus smoothie, B2B pom cond, GF C&S leave-in, AG re:coil, LOOB, HE SMU, Jessicurl HCC, CC, AIS
I love this too, unfortunately the postage got too much for me. Not fair.
I've used it a couple of times and I love it! Goes in easy, I don't have to use much, detangles, and smells great. It's like banana bubblegum. My hair feels so soft with it.
4a, natural for 5 years
Poo: Still on the lookout!
CoWash: Also need a good one. Recently restarted this.
RO Conditioner: EMB but looking for something with more detangling power
DC: CJHB
LI: EMB
Style: CJCCCC, HESMU spray gel
I like several products from this line...especially the Guava & Protein Deep Fix and the Coffee Coco Curl Cream.

This line is seriously NOT getting the attention it deserves!
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

I just ordered from curljunkie and I have to say so far I am not impressed. I tried the honey butta leavin, Personally I don't think my hair liked it as a leave in so I'll tryit again and rinse it out. This morning I'm trying the guava curl protein creme (my hair likes protein. So far I have the same cakey white mess as with the leave in. Yesterday my hair really shrunk a lot too. How have You gals used this stuff? By the way my hair is a really kinky 4b with lots of small coils.
Hi,

I have used the thick and luscious honey butta leave-in and I'm now using the coffee-coco curl creme.

I initially liked the honey butta leavein, but ultimately found it to be too thick for my hair eventhough it is supposed to be for 4a/b hair. Also, if I used too much, I got white flakes.

I really like the coffee-coco curl creme. I find that it is the right consistency for my mostly 4a hair. It melts in instead of coating the surface, and doesn't flake. It also keeps my hair moist. I do find that I need a little more hold, so I use a light gel over it now.

Thanks kdcreigh,

I'll try the coco creme though I am a little reluctant. I'm one of those people whose tried everything and not quite gotten the results I'm looking for.
naiha1,

I hear you. <Hug>

I felt the same way not so long ago. I was trying to get the big clumpy spirals that a lot of other 4as have. I have realized that my hair just doesn't form big clumps, it forms tiny spirals as soon as it grows out of my scalp. Now that I'm working with my hair instead of against it I'm much happier.

kdcreigh,

I noticed that you said you used recoil, what does it do for you?

I'm learning how to work with what my hair does and it's natural tendancies. So far all it does is just kinda sit there in a cottony/coily puff. I have a good amount of length but my shrinkage is so serious. I wish I could get it to hang a little. But hey maybe my hair just ain't gonna do that!
Hi,

The re:coil cuts down on my frizz. It's hard to see my hair definition in my photos, but it usually has alot of frizz on top. It's also a very lightweight leavein.