Rediscovering Jessicurl's Confident Coils . . .

Huh. My bottle of this had been sitting unused on my hair shelf for quite some time now. Jessicurl products were one of the first set of curly-specific products I tried and, while I originally liked them, they got pushed aside once I started feeding the ever growing product junkie. Plus, when I was using it a few months ago, I always used it with Jessicurl Rockin' Ringlets. I got decent hold and curl definition, but they were pretty stringy, crunchy curls.

I decided to give it a try today on a whim. I started off with about a palmful of GF C&S, 2 peas of re:coil, and then 2 quarters of CC. I have to say - I'm liking the results! I'm guessing the Magnesium Sulfate in re:coil AND CC are helping to enhance curl. By the time it dried (finally), it was a tad crunchy, but once I scrunched it out (with Jessicurl AIS), it looks pretty good. Not too much frizz, pretty good hold, pretty good clumping . . . and this was even after plopping for FAR longer than I usually do (which doesn't always turn out well) and a not-so-great conditioner experiment.

Granted, I'm sure it helps that a few months have passed since I started my modified-CG routine, so my hair is no doubt healthier, but still.

I'll update my fotki later with photos . . .

We'll see if this lasts for the rest of the day.

Just had to share.
color-treated red/brown, medium-textured hair
PJ, currently using Suave citrus smoothie, B2B pom cond, GF C&S leave-in, AG re:coil, LOOB, HE SMU, Jessicurl HCC, CC, AIS
Yeah, that is a good combo. I've also noticed that I get better results with CCSS when the weather is warmer, like now.
3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07

Just like my hair . . . I spoke too soon. By the end of the day, I had waves instead of curls. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it means the combo didn't have a whole lot of hold for my hair. *sigh*
color-treated red/brown, medium-textured hair
I'm really liking the Re:coil/CCSS combo. Long ago, I'd had a bottle of CCSS and ended up swapping it away while keeping the Rockin' Ringlets. But I decided to try it again with RR. The RR/CCSS doesn't work well for me, though. But the Re:coil/CCSS combo = .

I find at the end of the day my hair gets more spiraly with the Re:coil/CCSS combo. Starts out as nice 3a curls and ends up spiraly. It also leaves my hair a little shiny which I like because my hair tends to be on the dull side, especially during warm/hot weather.
Best volume winner: LOOB
I have to go back to the Re:coil/CCSS combo in a while , thanks for that reminder LavenderCurls! dont wanna use it now cuz i just got hightlights done and im not sure if glycerine ( i think ? ) in Re:coil would pull out my color, i heard just red heads have an issue more with that, but just wanna be on the safe side. that combo worked great for me for weeks on end.
Use Suaves & VO5 Condish For CG-Honey+ Condish=My curls are loving it!
*Suave gels ( love crunchy gels )*My HGs-Re:coil, Jessicurls , Boots , Loreal Spiral Curl Mousse, Tigi Amp*

*~Show Your True Beauty Cuz Curls Rock!~*
That's interesting tinicurlyd, I'm getting my highlights redone on Monday. My hair is dark brown and the highlights my stepdaughter puts in are on the golden side. If I remember (that's a BIG if ), I'll ask her if she's heard that before.
Best volume winner: LOOB
Yes LavenderCurls is u can remember to ask her if that is totally true that be great! i was told from a red head curlie on here that they usually have an issue with color being pulled out by the glycerine.. my hair is a dark brown , looks black when wet and i always get some kinda golden highlights done. this time i got honey colored highlights done last week ( will get lighter as i wash )so its still pretty new. and i have stopped taking my nourishair vit pills cuz my hair was growing so fast on them before the highlights that i dont want roots coming in quick lol. i will go back to the Nourishair probably in a while tho. still have an old bottle of Nourishair left with a few pills and a brand new bottle ready to go soon. . hope your highlights turn out fab on monday!

Originally Posted by tinicurlyd
I've heard that too,well actually I read it on here!! Lots of my favorite products contain glycerine. I read this article and if I can link it here I'll share it with you. Hope this works!!
My hair is not the boss of me!!!!
thanks CopperWaves!

*~Show Your True Beauty Cuz Curls Rock!~*
JC CC and AO Mandarin Magic gelly are the main hold products I alternate. I use either with Milkshake underneath. I used CC all winter and loved it. The AO is working better for spring, and gives me 2nd day hair.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
thanks CopperWaves!
Originally Posted by tinicurlyd
You're welcome!
My hair is not the boss of me!!!!
Huh. Glycerin pulling out color is unfortunate. My hair seems to love glycerin - it seems to be a curl enhancer/definer for me. But I also religiously color my hair . . . trade-offs, I suppose.
color-treated red/brown, medium-textured hair
I asked my stepdaughter and she said red is a funny color and it's entirely possible that glycerin could lighten the color (she didn't know for sure, though, sorry).

I use lots of stuff with glycerin as my hair seems to like it. The highlights she puts in my hair are subtle (you can't see them in my avatar) and I never notice any lightening unless I use honey for several days with my conditioner. So, I tend to use the honey sparingly.
Best volume winner: LOOB
thanks for the feedback on the glycerin LavenderCurls
..i didnt know but my loreal mousse has glycerin as the 5th ingred in it and ive been using it since my highlights. i blew out my hair today and my highlights still look fresh n new so i guess it doesnt pull out color on my end. ( wonder if mabye my color poo/condish im using also helps 2 hold my color persay if i wasnt using any color poo/condish ) . even when i did use honey i didnt notice any lightening effect or color lose even and i used it everyday , guess everyones hair is diff in that matter. *shrugs* glad your highlights came out great too LavenderCurls!

*~Show Your True Beauty Cuz Curls Rock!~*
Thanks ... I tell ya, I wish my hair was as long wavy/curly as it is straight - I let her blow it out and it felt so long!

Ya know .. you're mentioning the ends .. I've noticed that about the time my hair is due to get done again, the ends are always so much lighter than the hair higher up. Maybe it's nothing more than the highlights need refreshed and the glycerin isn't a problem at all.
Best volume winner: LOOB
i second my hair being long too when its straight. second day today with straight hair and its so long , i have layers a lil bit so i have this cute flippy thing going on , been getting compliments on both highlights and the straight look since.. feeling pretty good hearing them!
my ends dont get dont get lighter tho , if anything my whole highlights get lighter and the months go on..i was in vegas for a few days one time and had highlights and when i got home they were so light lol . musta been when i was out by the pool/sun.

*~Show Your True Beauty Cuz Curls Rock!~*
My husband takes one look at my straight hair and before saying anything about the color .. says "where's the curls?"

Oh yeah .. hangin' out by the pool will lighten 'em up!