Old 03-30-2007, 08:02 AM   #1

CurlyMom73's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2004
Default Is it just me or....

Is anyone else wondering what the heck is going on with the drugstore brands. Suave has gotten rid of their entire Aloe Vera and Mango & Peach hair care lines, not to mention they have reformulated their Milk and Honey so now the good stuff is towards the end of the ingreds list. Aussie has rehabbed their line and you won't be able to get Tizz no Frizz soon. And some of us still miss VO5's Pina colada and Blueberry smoothie. Is it just me or does it seem like the products many of us love for our curly/wavy hair are disappearing? It frightens me a little to think what these companies will do next.
Corkicelli Now! YAY! Now all I have to do is update my avy pic.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."- Albert Einstein
CurlyMom73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:11 AM   #2

Kaia's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2006

I don't like the Suave reformulations, but I thought the Aussie changes were good. They took out cones from many of their conditioners. Where did you hear that Tizz no Frizz won't be available? I've seen it in the new packaging, and it's on the website.
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
Kaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:12 PM   #3

LavenderCurls's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2004

I think the Tizz No Frizz has just been renamed as well as their other gels. Plus the Dual Gel+Water has been brought back and renamed as well.
CG-modified since 4/05
2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets.
Best definition winner: KCCC
Best volume winner: LOOB
pw: vanilla
LavenderCurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:44 PM   #4

CurlyMom73's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2004

Really? Thank you! I thought the Tizz No Frizz and the Gel & Water were gone. At least there is a light at the end of the tunnel. :dance:dance.gif
Corkicelli Now! YAY! Now all I have to do is update my avy pic.

CurlyMom73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:12 PM   #5

Join Date: Nov 2004

Is the Vo5 Strawberries n Cream condish a goner too? It's getting harder and harder for me to find.
3C/4A.
Dell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:13 PM   #6

godgivenperm's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2006

I was wondering if the Salon Selectives line has met it's demise.

I know that line doesn't get talked about much on this board but I liked some of their products and haven't noticed it on the shelves anymore.
3B/3C
No more PJ tendencies. Tigi Curls Rock Curl Amplifier is the best thing to make my curls rock all day! Next best are KCCC and Re:Coil +HE TT Gel.
godgivenperm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 03:46 PM   #7
Banned

Join Date: Dec 2006

while it is true that other companies (suave, aussie, etc.) may be cutting down on the curly hair products, other companies such as garnier fructis and herbal essences have developed several new curly products.
keikok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:41 PM   #8

Oregano  (formerly babywavy)'s Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2004

Ya, lately the stores I go into are totally out of some things, and changing the set up of the stocks of their shelves. I'm wondering if this is b/c of the changing lines of products.

That being said, I can't find Suave Healthy Curls anymore and I'm dying to try to anti frizz cream. I loved that condish, and I love the way it smells.
~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
Oregano  (formerly babywavy) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:46 PM   #9

Ashkins1118's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2005

Oh man, i've never haeard of the VO5 Pina Colada, it sounds like it would have been awesome. I love tropical smells.
Super Thick corkscrews and waves. LOVE Elucence MBC, Giovanni 50/50 condish, Qhemet Products, V05 Calming Chamomile Tea Therapy condish, Jessicurl WDT. These are my official HG's that I love oh so much

Ashkins1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:40 PM   #10

jeepcurlygurl's Avatar

Join Date: May 2005

If they ever decided to get rid of Suave Coconut there would be heck to pay!
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, Ojon Restorative Treatment, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Feb 2014**
jeepcurlygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:51 PM   #11

hockeymomof3's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by Ashkins1118
I am thinking the same thing
pw: curls