Garnier Fructis Smoothing Milk

Banned
Join Date: Dec 2006
I think it works great for frizz. Has anyone had any experiences with it?
I love GF leave-in cond, but the smoothing milk unfortunately has cyclopentasiloxane in it. That's the cone that bonds like liquid plastic & is hard to remove. So it's a no go for me.The leave in gives me lots of frizz controlon wet & dry hair though.
Banned
Join Date: Dec 2006
I know what you mean! I can still feel it in my hair after I wash it which is weird...but thats just the smoothing milk right?
I like curl and shine, but I was looking for more of a smooth look.
Yes, it's just the milk, I believe. Do you mean, smooth as in you're trying to straighten.....? Or you just want curls with less volume?
HG: GF Sleek 'n Shine Leave-in; Alagio
I like curl and shine, but I was looking for more of a smooth look.
Originally Posted by keikok
Maybe you should try the Sleek & Shine, that may help you achieve a smooth look
3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
I know I'll be shunned for this but...

When I was straightening my hair/before comming here and knew anything about ingredients; this was a staple in my straightening routine. I loved how soft and smooth my hair felt with this. Also it gave me lots of body and volume. However, I've never used it with a curly style.
Lotsa 3c curls
Curly Journey Album
Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
Before I knew of CG, that crap gave me visible greenish buildup within days of use. Same with the curl cream- don't remember which one I used though. It was very waxy.
3b-3c CG

Originally Posted by SmallFry
Ah, you have done well to move away from the evil cone, my child !
CG-modified since 4/05
2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets.
Best definition winner: KCCC
Best volume winner: LOOB
Originally Posted by SmallFry
Despite rumors to the contrary, there are no hair police on the Board. If it worked great for you, & you're not CG, go for it. My BF loves this cone for his 2C hair. For me, it's like removing liquid plastic.
HG: GF Sleek 'n Shine Leave-in; Alagio
this paired with the GFSCC was absolutely fabulous! the frizz was def nixed using those two, but used with anything else it was not as effective at all.
I am a 3c reformed product junkie thanks to the economy.

I lurk a lot, I change my hair color a lot. It's currently black and bsl when wet and beyond my shoulders still when dry.

Now I will stop procrastinating and get back to what I was supposed to be doing before I got on here.

Any questions?