Old 04-01-2007, 11:47 AM   #1

echokitten's Avatar

Default Samy Instant Recurl

I just saw this at Walgreens the other day and checked the ingred. which seem CG, 'cept I think it had a polyquat in it? No cones that I saw on the short ingred list. It got a Readers Pick in Self Magazine which usually means absolutely nothing to my hair however, I was just wondering if there is anyone that has tried this. It is about $5-6. Just wondering.....I tried the curl potion and one other prod which I don't remember before I went CG and ended up getting less than satisfactory results and giving them both to my sister. At any rate they had cones in them so I never tried any other prods, but I saw this and wondered Hmmmm.....maybe?
Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren
echokitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:36 PM   #2

Leilani42's Avatar

Join Date: May 2006
Send a message via AIM to Leilani42

I've got this, and it worked pretty well for me. I hated the smell... it was very alcohol + musk. Yech. I think I sprayed it on wet hair, maybe with a leave-in conditioner underneath. I don't think I used gel over it.

Well, let me be honest here... I remember my roommate saying she liked my hair when I used it, but I don't remember what I thought. That's the problem with using so many blasted products. I haven't really used it since, so I have to assume it didn't do anything too spectacular.

Sorry I'm not more help! I remember I bought this to see if it could replace my beloved re:coil, and it definitely doesn't. But it might suit you better than it did me.
2c/3a-M-i
modified CG since July 2004.
searching for products that work...
Leilani42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:07 AM   #3

echokitten's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007

Thanks for the info...I guess I am just gonna have to try re:coil then. I keep hearing so much about it. Just outta curiousity tho, how does Jessicurl CCSS compare to re:coil on your hair? If it even does...

echokitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:41 AM   #4

Leilani42's Avatar

Join Date: May 2006
Send a message via AIM to Leilani42

I haven't used Jessicurl CCSS. The only Jessicurl product I've used is the WDT. Sorry!
2c/3a-M-i
modified CG since July 2004.
searching for products that work...
Leilani42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:51 AM   #5

jayzoe's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007

I've used both and honestly neither of them was all that miraculous. I've heard SO much about both Jessicurl and re:coil that I couldn't wait to try them and then was disappointed. I tried using them in soaking wet hair, towel dried hair, under a gel, with a leave-in, etc and neither of them were worth the money to me. I'm still on the search for my great product *sigh*.

Jennifer