Old 04-05-2007, 11:59 AM   #1

Default Two reviews in one

Okay, first product:

Nature's Gate Aloe Vera Moisturizing Conditioner

Water, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Panthenol, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Extract, Viola Tricolor (Pansy) Extract, Tocopherol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Ergocalciferol (Vitamin D), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance.

I needed some more moisture in my hair and I found this in a little pharmacy near my house. First of all, it smells DIVINE. Like candy, so sweet. I washed last night and I still smell it! And it's rich and thick, but still easy to get out of the bottle and spread. It's a nice pearlescent white as well.

So I co-washed with VO5 Vanilla Mint Clarifying, slathered on the NG co and I detangled and barely any hair came out. I let it sink in while I did my shower routine, and rinsed out and it felt soft and smooth.

Then I smoothed, raked and scrunched in tons of GF C&S leave in, and then I added the following product, which is my 2nd review:

Suave Professionals Sleek Frizz Control Liqui-Gel

Water, Isoceteth 20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance, Diazolidinyl Urea, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Arginine HCI, Lysine HCl, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Silk Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch

This is a clear, liquidy light gel. I smoothed, raked and scrunched it in over the leave-in. Small palmful and then a bit more to make sure all my hair was covered.

I plopped overnight, and this morning I found my curls virtually frizz free and smooth. But it was still a little damp so I couldn't tell just yet whethr or not anything worked. LOL.

Now in mid afternoon, I have some clumpy and tight ringlets all over. I have some crunch on the top layer of my hair, which I like on my first day so that once the cast breaks tonight/tomorrow I can get the best 2nd day hair possible. But it looks like the crunch can easily be scrunched right out.

The bottom layers and the tips of my hair have no crunch now and they are very soft, smooth, natural and there is very little frizz. I think a little more gel in my routine will eliminate them completely.

So, so far I am very satisfied with these products. I wish I could get the shampoo but it is not sulfate free *grr*. I'll see how my hair is looking tonight and tomorrow and update this post
3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:04 PM   #2

hockeymomof3's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2005

Nice reviews! Thanks I've tried that gel and it's nice...I haven't tried that conditioner and I hopefully will pick one of the natures gate condishes up this weekend...maybe this one if they have it.
pw: curls
Gel - KCCC at the moment
hockeymomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:09 PM   #3

Join Date: May 2005

Thanks! I really like the gel, it gave me the hold I needed once the weather began to warm up and the C&S alone was not enough.

The conditioner seems pretty great. My hair is soft and shiney. And I still can't get over the scent!
Old 04-05-2007, 02:23 PM   #4

Kaia's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2006

You know, I never would have even looked at this gel if not for your review. I just automatically assume anything with "Sleek Frizz Control" in the name will be filled with cones.
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
Kaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:49 PM   #5

hockeymomof3's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by Bailey422
I am the same -- I love how it is liquidy -- it does smell just like matrix sleek though, just a little strong, but it performs well.

I can't wait to try the Natures Gate condish though!
pw: curls
Gel - KCCC at the moment
hockeymomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:07 PM   #6

Join Date: May 2005

Me three on the gel. Most of the Suave professionals stuff has cones in it...glad to see this is an exception.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:19 PM   #7

Snarls's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2006

Another thanks for the gel review! As already said, I never would have looked at this one, assuming it would be one cone on top of another.

I'd like to try this!
formerly Castella
(my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)
Snarls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:51 AM   #8

You're welcome Castella!

Well, today my 2nd day hair was fabulous! I pineappled last night and took it out after I woke up this morning and I had virtually no frizz again! I loosely rolled it up and clipped it with my big octopus clip for my shower (with my big ole hot pink Goody Shower Cap ) I smoothed like three pea sized globs of gel with very wet hands over any little strands that were out of shape or had some frizz and they disappeared. Otherwise, super smooth and shiney curls!

I like this combo a lot, but it has also been chilly here (30 degrees this morning!) so I'm hoping this holds up when it finally starts to warm up.