finally got joiwhip! and a nifty curl definer by joico, too

i went to trade secret today and they were having a buy one, get half off of joico products and the first thing that came to mind was 'joiwhip'. i've heard so many people raving about it and i had a bunch of birthday money, i figured i just HAD to have it. i got it, plus joico curl definer crème/gel. okay, time for the questionaire;;

~any suggestions on how to use joiwhip?
~has anyone ever used this crème/gel and do you have any suggestions on how to use it?

thanks!
formerly;; girl anachronism

politics is like me and my buddy going hippo hunting. we shoot a hippo and it falls on us. now, instead of using our joint effort of pushing the hippo off of us, we arue for 5 1/2 years on who's idea it was in the first place to go hippo hunting.
With the Joiwhip I use about a tennis ball sized amount (my hair's a bit past my shoulders) and kind of rake and smooth it in (scrunching gives me frizz and stringy curls, you might be different). I use it over Phytodefrisant.
I recently bought the cream gel stuff and can't get it to do anything in my hair. It doesn't seem to define, hold, control frizz or anything. I'm using it up on ponytailnotgoinganywheredays, as I'm too much of a cheapskate to bin it!