Old 04-09-2007, 08:29 PM   #1

curlybrunette5's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Default freaking out about BRHG

ok, i'm reading on here (and now I can't find the post) that BRHG has been reformulated! My worst nightmare has come true. My HG...reformulated?! Why?! Has anyone used the new one? What's it like? Please tell me it's still crunchy...that's what made it work so well on my hair. Any info you got on the new one, please post it here, as I know there are many others mourning the loss of the original.
3a on top and sides/3b underneath...lots of hair

My HG: Sabino Lok & Blok
curlybrunette5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:27 AM   #2

KristaRose's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006

I don't know if I'm using a new one or an old one b/c I'm unsure how long it was on the shelf - I bought the last one. These, however, are the ingredients (minus the second languages in parantheses).....

Rosewater, PVP, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Itaconate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Proplparaben, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Silk, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Parfum

It's CRUNCHY. How do you use it? Do you just airdry? I don't have the patience to airdry but it only seems to work if I do. I think I could love this product if only I could leave the house with dry hair.
3B
Have had my hair short for almost a year now. No regrets! Still loving it!
KristaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:03 AM   #3

Snarls's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2006

At least one curly has reported that the new formula does NOT have the hold of the old formula. Also, that it has a different consistency.

This is obviously tragic.

I can't use it too often because I get an allergic skin reaction to the Octyl Methoxycinnamate (still in the new formula), but it is my one reliable, there for me when I need it gel. Or it was.

I don't know WHY they changed it because it was the fantastic hold that made it HG.
formerly Castella
(my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)
Snarls is offline   Reply With Quote