RAVE for Bodyshop Honey Shampoo and Conditioner

I picked up the shampoo today. I couldn't read the ingredients on the bottle at the store (there are like a zillion, in three languages, in the teeeeniest damn type!). Now I see that the shampoo has dimethicone in it. Why? Why put silicone in shampoo? Why???

The only reason I'm buying shampoo is because I'm playing around with a few styling products with amodimethicone and dimethiconol, and I need something that will get them out if I get buildup. Otherwise, I'm doing CO washes only. So it doesn't make any sense to use a 'poo that has dimethicone in it. Guess I'll be making a trip back to the Body Shop to return this stuff. :x

Anyone have a rec for a nice 'poo that's easily available that's gentle but will remove those cones? One that isn't full of sulfates OR cones? Would the Trader Joe 'poos work? I can't find the ingredients listed anywhere. Help?
2-something? Coarse, medium underneath. Mid-back. On CG since 5/9/07.
Washing COs: VO5 Blackberry, Suave Cherry
Detangle and leave-in: Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm -- I found my HG CO!
Seal with camellia oil
Leave-in: Aura cherry almond
Gels: Homemade FSG, Eco-styler
Plus: SOTC or smooth with camellia oil, JC Nourish & Shine
Homemade food-based DTs
RC color
oops, i didn't spot that (think the small writing had me!), i'm not sure what Phenethyl Dimethicone is though? Oh well, i like this stuff enough for me to keep using it anyway. Curlycaramels testimony of years of use is evidence enough for me I guess that makes me very modified CG!!
fine 3b curls and spirals - first goal BSL!!

HG's - Body Shop Honey shampoo & conditioner and Shea Moisture leave-in condish which gives me lovely frizz-free bouncy curls. My PJ is calling me to experiment with gels again... argh!
Grecian Curls,

I don't know what the "phenethyl" is, either, and I couldn't find it in that NC article with all the ingredients listed & their function. So maybe it is something that neutralizes the bad effects of the dimethicone -- or so we can hope! All in all, the proof is in the pudding, or hair -- if it works well for you, that's what matters.
I picked up the TJ's Spa Nourish shampoo today, because it's all organic botanicals, along with cleansing agents sodium olefin sulfonate and cocamidoproply betaine. It smells nice, and it's *cheap* so I think it'll work for me for now. I can return the honey shampoo to the Body Shop and I'll have $10 to spend elsewhere on hair gel!
2-something? Coarse, medium underneath. Mid-back. On CG since 5/9/07.
Washing COs: VO5 Blackberry, Suave Cherry
Detangle and leave-in: Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm -- I found my HG CO!
Seal with camellia oil
Leave-in: Aura cherry almond
Gels: Homemade FSG, Eco-styler
Plus: SOTC or smooth with camellia oil, JC Nourish & Shine
Homemade food-based DTs
RC color
I love the condish, and have bought it several times. The yummy smell lasts and lasts! This is my winter condish of choice as it is very moisturizing.
3a/2b

Winter Routine
Co-wash: Hair One Argan Oil or Burt's Bees GreenTea and Fennel
Low-Po: Devacurl LP or SheaMoisture Black Soap(1-2x/wk)
Condish: SheaMoisture Deep Repair Mask
Leave-in: Kinky Curly Knot Today AND
Styler: GF Curl Construct Mousse or Biotera gel
-Diffuser happy!
Treatments: Oils or butters,and trying out Aubrey Organics GPB for protein

pw=ringlet
Unfortunately we're pretty sure that's a non water soluble cone. Since there's that, amodimethicone, and lanolin you'll wanna keep an eye out for build up for sure.

Originally Posted by meriellyn
Darnit meriellyn I thought you had posted a message saying it was good to go

Originally Posted by meriellyn
Darnit meriellyn I thought you had posted a message saying it was good to go
Originally Posted by xcptnl
Well, you occasionally shampoo so it is! It's only an issue for strict CGers who don't go anywhere near a surfectant of any sort.
You just have to monitor the build up so you know how often you need to 'poo and whether coco betaine is enough or if you do need a sulfate.

~a wave in a sea of curls
Can you use the condish as a leave in?
cjc
3B very thick, curly hair and on the longer side
Palm Beach County, Fl
Can you use the condish as a leave in?
Originally Posted by cjc
Should be ok. Might wanna keep an eye out for any dryness since it does have a drying alcohol 'round the middle of the list but other than that...

sigh....

i read this post before i went to the mall this morning and now have two shiny new bottles of product...

This is my first time back here in about 6 months and look what i have done!

Not to mention all the other great stuff they had on sale

Can't wait to use it tomorrow morning though

The Shampoo looks like it is going to be fabulous- i almost want to go hop in the shower right now.
3B- anywhere from sidewalk chalk to straw sized! Porous and fine.

Hard water!

JR Liggett Shampoo Bar or V05 cowas
Pantene for Women of Color Conditioner
Kinky Curly Curling Custard
Kinky Curly Glossing Pomade

After a week of use, I still think the conditioner is fantastic. Despite it being thick and creamy, it doesn't weigh my hair down. And I've not noticed any buildup, since I poo every few days. I even used it as a leave-in this morning! My hair's super-smooth right now. And frizz has been no problem since I started using this stuff. Everything else in my routine is the same, just with better results. I've had better results with this one than any other conditioner I've tried.

The shampoo, however, might be a bit harsh to use with any frequency. I noticed I was getting a bit dry with using it every other day. It's still more gentle than a lot of other shampoos I've used, but it's not as gentle as Elucence MBS. I don't know if that means I'll end up still buying the Elucence, or just using this less frequently.
2c/3a-M-i
modified CG since July 2004.
searching for products that work...
Leilani... i'm glad your liking the condish!

I must admit i use a tiny amount of the shampoo, mainly just on my roots, then once a week or so I use a little more and apply a small amount to the length. I've had no build up from the condish so i don't feel the need to apply too much shampoo.

My hair keeps getting better with the stuff! I sat stroking my hair yesturday it was that soft!

I brought the poppy seed DT as well, my hair loves it but it has a few parabens in which i know many of the curlies would not like, however i've moved over to the dark side
fine 3b curls and spirals - first goal BSL!!

Sorry for the double post but I wanted to see if anyone is still using these?
I used up my bottle. It was pretty heavy, and I won't repurchase. It left my hair feeling producty. Elucence is much better in my opinion.
mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.
Can I just say that I am addicted to this scent! I am so in love with the scent! I love love the condish, its very moisturizing and good on slip. I haven't noticed any buildup. I was surprised to see the poo's consistency/texture is almost exactly like the conditioner- but of course its still a shampoo. I'd recommend this to someone that needs moisture, like me.
"It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have"

3b/c curls, I think
Hair Journal
My Curly Journey

Previously Curlyblasian and Smallfry, but my account locked me out, twice!
I'm on my third bottle (and this time its the BIG one) and I can see no reason to change my routine now (although i am slightly tempted to try the body shop olive oil shampoo / condish). I'm still using the shampoo as well, just a tiny amount on my scalp and i haven't noticed any build up. My curls are pretty wimpy but the heaviness isn't a problem for me.
fine 3b curls and spirals - first goal BSL!!

I used to work for The Body Shop, and I am soon going back for the season. I had used both this and the Olive conditioner, and while I liked the Honey conditioner, it didn't seem like it was my HG. I don't think I even need to worry about the shampoo since I'm doing well with just co washing. I will be picking this up again when I go back, though. My only complaint about it was that it was so hard for me to get the stuff out of the bottle! The smell...the smell is SO wondeful!
2c/3a/3b curls, waist length
Cleansers:Body Shop Honey 'Poo, V05 Co
Conditioners:GVPCB/AOHR/HSHPumpkin

DT/Treats:Aphogee Protein Treat/GVP K-Pak/EVOO
Leave-ins/Stylers:KCKT/KCCC/KCGP

Join Date: Jul 2005
The ingredients contain a few amino acids and wheat protein. HAs anyone experienced protein buildup? This question goes to those who have been using this for quite a while now. I used it once and liked it ,but as I found out that it contained a cone (I was CG) I threw it away. No that I'm not CG anymore I'm thinking about using it again.
Hiya,

I haven't experienced any build up.I'm still use the shampoo just on my roots and then condition the length, once every couple of weeks i use a little shampoo on the length as well.

Co-incidentally i've noticed my roots where i normally just apply the shampoo are looking really shiny and healthy, i know there were a few reservations about the poo because of a couple of ingredients but so far so good!