RAVE for Bodyshop Honey Shampoo and Conditioner

Join Date: Jul 2005
I love this conditioner. I'm definately going to buy that one again. It's pricey ,but it lasts long. My hair feels really nice after using it. Two thumbs up!
yey another convert! I must admit, i had a little wobble at the end of last year when i started experimenting with other conditioners and my hair soon feel apart... weird shaped curls and mega frizz so i've quickly gone back to my beloved bodyshop stuff and voila! I have proper ringlets again, i don't know what it is about this stuff but it somehow makes my hair behave and form proper spirals rather than squiggles and s-shapes. Its officially love
fine 3b curls and spirals - first goal BSL!!

HG's - Body Shop Honey shampoo & conditioner and Shea Moisture leave-in condish which gives me lovely frizz-free bouncy curls. My PJ is calling me to experiment with gels again... argh!
On the recs here, I bought the shampoo & conditioner today - can't wait to try it tomorrow
This conditioner has great slip and you immediately feel your tangles unraveling it's amazing! The ingredients are pretty good too For those that have tried the mop top conditioner, which one is better?
I liked this a lot the first time I used it. But after a couple uses, my hair wasn't feeling so good. Now it could be that it was during the driest and cold part of winter. Or maybe it's the Phenethyl Dimethicone?
3Aish hair, thin and fine-to-medium in texture, couple inches past shoulder length
Routine:
Wash/Condition: Jessicurl GLS, Aloeba, Too Shea
Curly: GVP The Cream (love this)
Straight: Ojon Tunu on wet hair, Aveda Smoothing Fluid and Style Prep Smoother before flat ironing or blow drying
Originally Posted by diggity
How exactly did your hair not feel so good?

And are you talking about the shampoo or conditioner?

Maybe your hair didn't like the lanolin, or maybe it was the usually drying alcohols.

I wouldn't normally use anything containing any of those for fear of drying out my hair even more, or causing buildup, but my hair loved both products.

Conditioner
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Musa Sapentum 9Banana) Pulp, Glyceryl Stearate, Amodimethicone, Bertothelia Excelsa (Brazil) Nut Oil, Ceteareth-20, Glycerin, Steartrimonium Methosulfate, Lanolin, Olea Europea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Phenethyl Dimethicone, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Isopropyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Prpopylparaben, Bertholletia Excelsa (Brazil Nut) Amino Acids, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Wheat Amino Acids, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate.
Shampoo
Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Stearic Acid, Honey, Coconut Acid, Glycerin, Acrylates/Palmeth-25 Acrylate Copoymer, Bertholletia Excelsa (Brazil) Nut Oil, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Isothionate, Olea Europea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Phenethyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Cetearyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Lanolin, Polyquaternium-10, Methylparaben, Aminomethyl Propanol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydrolysed Wheat Protein, PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Polyquaternium-7, Propylparaben, Bertothelia Excelsa (Brazil) Nut Amino Acids, Wheat Amino Acids, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Potassium Sorbate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Titanium Dioxide
Or perhaps it was something else.
Originally Posted by diggity
How exactly did your hair not feel so good?

And are you talking about the shampoo or conditioner?
Originally Posted by lazy loops
I used the shampoo and conditioner.
First time, my hair was felt very soft and moisturized. I had nice shiny curls with good clumping and definition. Next time, my hair was less defined but still felt soft. After that, it was frizzier and rough every time I used it.
Routine:
Wash/Condition: Jessicurl GLS, Aloeba, Too Shea
Curly: GVP The Cream (love this)
Hm, maybe it could have been also/or the salt in each.