RAVE for Bodyshop Honey Shampoo and Conditioner

Just thought i'd share how much I love this stuff!! I've had a months worth of consistently great hair days!!!! The conditioner reminds me alittle of the moptop conditioner but doesn't weigh my hair down like mop top does.

The contents are listed on the website (bodyshop.co.uk / bodyshop.com), by the looks of things the A cone is a lot lower down the ingredients list in the UK than in the US... weird! the condish has banana pulp, honey, brazil / olive and sesame oil in it... yum
The one time I had a chance to pick this up locally, I was on strict CG and because it had the "A" cone I didn't get it. Now I totally regret it because it seems like it has a lot of wonderful ingredients. I love stuff that has banana pulp in it (which not much does, but it seems to really help moisturize).

Glad you are having great hair days with it!
pw: curls
3b/a
Cowash - No Poo, Suave Coconut
Conditioner - One Condition
Leave In - KCKT
Gel - KCCC at the moment

Originally Posted by xcptnl
No, for the most part co-washing gets it out for me or a low poo such as Deva's low poo with coco betaine in it, which is gentle, no sulphates.
pw: curls
3b/a
Cowash - No Poo, Suave Coconut
Conditioner - One Condition
Leave In - KCKT
Gel - KCCC at the moment
Originally Posted by xcptnl
Originally Posted by hockeymomof3
Darn I was hoping you would say yes so I could tell my PJ inner voice to shutup!

I use the honey shampoo as well, its sulphate free, the cleansing ingredients are Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate (Surfactant) and Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate (Surfactant) which i think are very gentle.

p.s. sorry for being an enabler

p.s. sorry for being an enabler
Originally Posted by GrecianCurls

I used to use the conditioner and loved it. I didn't know the shampoo was sulphate free!
I have been loving these for years now!

When i first tried the shampoo i didn't like it, it didn't foam up like i was used to, but i tried it again and i'm glad i did it's top of my list of favourite products.
the condtioner really makes my hair soft and bouncy and it smells great too, i try to recommend them to everyone i know
Long thick curls, mix of 3b/3c
i'm so easily swayed... I picked this up today. I managed to restrain myself to just getting the smaller bottles... a trial size of the shampoo, since I won't use a whole lot, and the smaller bottle of conditioner. I'm using it tomorrow morning. Can't wait!
2c/3a-M-i
modified CG since July 2004.
searching for products that work...
Well, I think we have a winner!

I used both the shampoo and conditioner this morning. The poo was really gentle, and rich and thick. It got my hair nice and clean, but without the squeaky, 'uh oh, I've killed my hair' noise. And the conditioner was thick, creamy, luscious, and left my hair SO soft all day! I got, like, three compliments on my hair today. This combo seems to be very curl enhancing... I have bigger clumps and more big fat spirals instead of waves. AND they smell awesome. Sorta honey-ish, but also nutty and lightly musky. Very appealing.

This shampoo and conditioner team kicks the butt of my former favorite, Elucence. And I can get this nearby, instead of paying shipping!

I hope these results keep up, because I think I might have a new favorite!
2c/3a-M-i
modified CG since July 2004.
searching for products that work...

I hope these results keep up, because I think I might have a new favorite!
Originally Posted by Leilani42
I hope so too, they have for me, like i said i have been using them for a couple years now (almost every day) and I never get that " i need a break/change" feeling I have had with most.
Long thick curls, mix of 3b/3c
"the cleansing ingredients are Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate (Surfactant) and Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate (Surfactant) which i think are very gentle. "

Will those ingredients work to remove stuff like dimethiconol and amodimethicone, or do I need something with coco(?) betaine or stronger? I've been doing CG but I want to experiment with the Suave Anti-Frizz cream and G&S Curl & Shine leave in, but I don't know what I need to get rid of any eventual 'cone buildup. I've been reading all the shampoo threads, but if the Bodyshop Honey will work, it sounds great and easily available. Another I'm considering is one of the Trader Joe shampoos. Thanks for any advice.
Will those ingredients work to remove stuff like dimethiconol and amodimethicone, or do I need something with coco(?) betaine or stronger?.
Originally Posted by RozettaStone
Hi there, I'm about 99% sure it'll get the A cone and dimethiconol out! I've experimented a little with the A cone whilst using this shampoo and i haven't experienced any build up.
fine 3b curls and spirals - first goal BSL!!

HG's - Body Shop Honey shampoo & conditioner and Shea Moisture leave-in condish which gives me lovely frizz-free bouncy curls. My PJ is calling me to experiment with gels again... argh!
AND they smell awesome. Sorta honey-ish, but also nutty and lightly musky.
Originally Posted by Leilani42
I'm so glad you like it!!! I'm always a little nervous about recommending things

I know what you mean about the smell... oh my goodness! Sometimes when i'm outside and the wind blows my hair and I get a whiff i want to eat my hair!!!
fine 3b curls and spirals - first goal BSL!!

AND they smell awesome. Sorta honey-ish, but also nutty and lightly musky.

Originally Posted by GrecianCurls
ARRRRGH!!! I MUST HAVE!!

Oh no! I love Elucence! I kinda got over my PJ habits, but now I'm DYING to try this if it 's better than Elucence! And you do bring up a good point: I won't have to pay shipping.

ETA: The Lanolin kind of throws me off, it's in both the Honey Shampoo and Conditioner.
mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.
Can you post the ingredients? They're not on the body shop website

TIA
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
Can you post the ingredients? They're not on the body shop website

TIA
Originally Posted by Suburbanbushbabe
shampoo :
Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate (Surfactant), Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate (Surfactant), Stearic Acid (Emulsifier), Mel (Honey (Mel)) (Natural Additive), Coconut Acid (Surfactant), Glycerin (Humectant), Bertholletia excelsa (Brazil Nut Oil) (Emollient), Acrylates/Palmeth-25 Acrylate Copolymer (Viscosity Increasing Agent), Sodium Chloride (Salt) (Viscosity Modifier), Sodium Isethionate (Surfactant), Olea europaea (Olive Oil) (Emollient), Phenethyl Dimethicone (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate (Surfactant), Zea mays (Corn Starch) (Absorbent/Chelating Agent), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Lanolin (Emollient), Parfum (Fragrance), Polyquaternium-10 (Hair Conditioner), Methylparaben (Preservative), Aminomethyl Propanol (pH Adjuster), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emollient), Hydrolysed Wheat Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol (Hair & Skin Conditioning Agent), Polyquaternium-7 (Hair Conditioner), Propylparaben (Preservative), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Wheat Amino Acids (Hair Conditioning Agent), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), CI 77891 (Colour).

Conditioner :
Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Musa sapientum (Banana Pulp) (Emollient/Lubricant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Mel (Honey (Mel)) (Natural Additive), Quaternium-80 (Hair Conditioning Agent), Glycerin (Humectant), Behentrimonium Chloride (Hair Conditioner), Bertholletia excelsa (Brazil Nut Oil) (Emollient), Olea europaea (Olive Oil) (Emollient), Sesamum indicum (Sesame Oil) (Emollient), Amodimethicone (Hair Conditioning Agent), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Hydroxyethylcellulose (Stabiliser/Thickener), Parfum (Fragrance), Isopropyl Alcohol (Solvent), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Wheat Amino Acids (Hair Conditioning Agent), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Chloride (Salt) (Viscosity Modifier), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Cetrimonium Chloride (Hair Conditioner), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Trideceth-12 (Surfactant), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Potassium Sorbate (Preservative).

TAKEN FROM THE BODYSHOP.CO.UK

the ingredients are on the website, just not that easy to find, you have to click the product and there is tab at the top that says show all ingredients.
Long thick curls, mix of 3b/3c
thank you -- Man I do not need to read this stuff! PJ's doing pushups in the corner....
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
I am swatting my PJ off my shoulder. For goodness sakes - we ordered stuff yesterday - it will be here soon. RELAX!!!