Old 06-30-2007, 08:20 PM   #1

Kaisercurls's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Send a message via Yahoo to Kaisercurls
Default Product for removing buildup, clorine, minerals, hard water

Please check out this link. I have been using this for a year and I love it. Its a little packet and you mix it with water, place it in your hair and then put a heat cap on for about 20 mins. I am a water fitness instructor so this is VERY Mmuch needed for me. My hair feels so awesome after I use it. It looks great.

The ingredients are:
Soduim Gluconate, ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum

You can ask your stylist to order this for you and she will get it at the salon rate and they can just ship it to you. I got mine in a box of 24 packets for 48 bucks making it 2 bucks a packet. In a salon they will charge you 30 bucks to put this on your hair.
I have used the swimmers shampoo but it has SLS in it so I had to stop. The conditioner has alot of cones in it so I had to stop using that.

I did want an opinion of this product which I still use.
EC Mode Scalp Therapy Conditioner

Ingredients: Water(Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Acetamide MEA, Propylene Glycol, Stearalkonium Chloride, PPG-20 Methyl Glucose Ether, Panthenol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Amodimethicone, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Keratin Amino Acids, Citric Acid, Dimethicone PEG-8 Meadowfoamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethyl Stearamine, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Lawsonia Inermis(Henna) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Equisetum Arvense Extract, Hydrastis Canadensis (Golden Seal) Root Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Symphytum Officinale Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Methylparaben, Lactic Acid, Hydrolyzed Silk, Wheatgermamidopropyl Dimethylamine Wheat Protein, Propylparaben, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Ascorbyl Palmitate.
I just love this conditioner but it does have some silicones in it. Ahhhhhhh What to do, what to do!?!?!

After I use the gel packet I do use this protien builder which is great but I only use it once a month.

Let me know your thoughts on these!
I am a 2c w/spirals underneath! 35 years old with 85% white hair. I am currently using DevaOne everyday with No Poo. I am using Smooth N Shine Gel Conditioner Extra-Hold on my course hair and it works awesome for 3 bucks. I found putting Color Magic into my hair color really covers the gray well.
Kaisercurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:44 AM   #2

Join Date: Dec 2006

Ouidad Water Works shampoo. Removes chlorine, hard water, etc. Click here for info: http://www.ouidad.com/productadvisor_all.asp#
shopbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:58 AM   #3

Snarls's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2006

I use the Iron Away (Malibu 2000) dissolved in a gentle shampoo (Curl Junkie).

Does the Crystal stuff work better? I've been pretty happy with the Iron Away for removing buildup & hard water deposits. I also have a filter on my shower head.
formerly Castella
(my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)
Snarls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:45 PM   #4

Magoo's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2002

I'm not too sure about the other ingredients but I think disodium EDTA is good for removing hardwater buildup.
As far as the cones in the condish, amodimethicone is not water soluble but easy to remove with a gentle shampoo, and the dimethicone has a PEG attached to it so that makes it water soluble.
3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:05 PM   #5

StruttsWife's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2002
Send a message via AIM to StruttsWife Send a message via Yahoo to StruttsWife

Redken PreArt is what we use in the school salon. It is a highly rated and effective treatment for removing excess chemicals, vitamins, medications, hard water build up, etc. on your hair.
- Tiffany
Hair Stylist and Curly Hair Specialist - St. Petersburg, FL (Tampa Bay)

Blog: Live Curly, Live Free

Kaisercurls's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Send a message via Yahoo to Kaisercurls

Originally Posted by Castella
I use the Iron Away (Malibu 2000) dissolved in a gentle shampoo (Curl Junkie).

I think it works great. My hair always feels lighter without feeling squeeky. I don't do a CG shampoo on my hair. I can't find one that doesn't make my hair squeeky clean. I have tried Deva and I don't like it.
You don't need a shampoo for the crystal gel. You just mix with water and apply it to your hair and put a plastic cap on it and a hot towel.
Kaisercurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:53 AM   #7

thick_n_wavy's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008

Anyone know the ingredients in Redken Pre Art?
2c-3a. Thick density. Texture = mixture of medium and fine.

Always trying to boost my curl!

Go-to products: Pink Boots, CJSG, LALSG, Abba Pure Finish gel
Experimenting with: CJAF, CJ CCCC, JCRR/CC, BRHG, PB Goo, Re:Coil, Komaza CHP, EcoStyler Protein
Didn't like: HESMU, Matrix Biolage Gelee (both too goopy)

Last updated: Dec. 3, 2009