L'Oreal Supreme Care Conditioner

So last night I had a brilliant idea. The kind of brilliant idea that always lands you in trouble. I'd found a tube of the conditioner that comes in L'Oreal's Superior Preference haircolor (it's called "Supreme Care Conditioner") just lying around. I was curious, so I looked up the ingredients. 'Cone-free except for amodimethicone, which I know to be one of the 'cones a lot of curlies can use. I thought, "What the heck", and decided to use it after my co-wash.

So after my co-wash last night, I put this on the length of my hair (from the ears down), left it on for a couple of minutes, then rinsed it out. I thought as I rinsed, "Wow, my hair is sil-ky!" After I took my hair out of my towel a little while later, though, I knew I was in trouble. Hello, Frizz City. I had all kinds of crazy frizz going on. Canopy frizz, inner-curl frizz, you name it. I grabbed my gel and globbed some of it on, thinking it would help fix the frizz. That it did, but this morning I woke up to a new problem: my curls were now all kinds of stringy, and stringy is not good.

So. There ends my short-lived adventure with *that* idea. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to break my 1-month no-shampoo record in order to get this crap out of my hair tonight, but oh well. Live and learn, eh?
~Kristy

Weird and twisted, just like my hair
Type 2C/3A

Modified CG as of 06/24/07
Still experimenting!
I've never liked L'Oreal...although I'm considering trying LOOB.

Doesn't amodimethicone come out with cocobetaine? At least then you don't have to use sulfates.

CoN green, HE hello hydration, burt's bees super shiny condish, & KCCC.

mostly 3b, mod CG

Smiles are free, so give them away.

Celebrate we will, 'cause life is short but sweet, for certain.