Paul Mitchell Round Trip

So, SBB and xcptnl, to be perfectly clear, you're not dampening your hair at all, right??

Sorry to be so elemntary, but I get curlfused easily...

Thanks again!!
3A (I think)

Loving my curls after all these years -- but still trying to figure out what works for me...
When I use it my hair is completely dry. I sorta scrunch it in. I also flip upside down and do some scrunching as well.

dble post .. sorry

Last edited by FrizzBgone; 05-20-2008 at 10:38 AM.
Hi there...I am in need of a lightweight gel too, but short on cash. Would Loreal's Absent Minded Liquid Gel or Melting Gel be comparable? Is there a Sally version of this? Or maybe I should just mix one of my many leftover gels with some water to lighten them up?

Thank you for any insight!
Padawan curly
I bought some of this yesterday from Ace when I went with my friend (who has a card) to get my hair color. I had seen it mentioned several times on this site, just in passing as something that some of you use, so I figured, why not, plus it's a lot cheaper in Ace.

Well, I washed with non-sulfate poo last night after the coloring, then did a DT overnight with Joico Recovery something or other....and then rinsed this morning, put in 3 pumps of PM Round Trip head flipped over and 2 more flipped up on the crown, raking and scrunching, and that's it! I try to stick to trying one thing at a time by itself to see how it REALLY works. Well I really really love the results, curl definition with volume (which is what i love)! I think I may try this with some Mop C once and then again under some Biotera gel.....I'm assuming I put this under those things right?
Cleanser: Kathymack soap bars, Giovannie TTTT
Rinse Out: CJ Curl Theory, Aussie 3 Min Miracle, Giovanni 50:50, Jasmine's Shea, Sevi Pumpkin Seed
Gels: CJ AF (HG), HEBE (HG)

I'm interested in trying this, but my hair is a 3A/occassional weak 3B. Do you think that it would be too heavy? I need things that define the curls but don't weigh them down! Also, CK made my hair look super greasy all the time, even when I just used small amounts. Has anyone noticed that with the Round Trip?
Originally Posted by earcmra
I use Round Trip as well. I'm mostly 3a with some 3b ... I have very fine hair.

When I use Round Trip, I use it as if it were CK. I find it does the same thing .... and no itchies! The glyercin in CK makes me itchy if I use it too often. I use Round Trip after leave-in and before my other styling products.

When I use RT, I don't normally use a creme curl enhancer, just gel (after RT). The RT is a big curl enhancer, so I only need the gel for hold.
Hi There...I don't usally post very much, but I have to rave about this leave-in. I have 3c/4a hair (chin length when straight) and it's ridculously thick...I only need 2 small palmfuls of this leave-in to smooth out frizzies...plus it works in the major heat and humidity of summer in South FL! It really does reduce dry time also...I usually sit under a hood dryer each am for 20-30 min, but now instead of leaving the house with my hair 40-50% dry it's 70-80% dry! I've had consistently good hair for the last 5 days using this product in my routine...I hope it continues!

I'll be posting the full routine in the 3c area if anyone is interested...
Originally Posted by wysiwyg
I tried this product before I went CG. I might have to try it again... but my main issue with it was that my hair started drying SO fast, I didnt have time to shape it the way I usually do (twisting, etc).

I will try it again, my hair is thick and we are humid where I am; What did you use with it?
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
Ooooooooooh! I never thought of using this (am I right in thinking they are all water soluable 'cones?).

I used to use it pre-CG under Aveda Be Curly and Confixor, but only ever a teeny pump as instructed by the hairdresser (I also used PM Super Skinny in the straight hair days and it used to dry really fast).

So tomorrow I will use it like CK, followed by Aveda Flax seed gel and see what happens. It would certainly be cheaper for me at 9 a bottle ($18 ) than getting CK shipped over at 23 (or $44, total cost inc. shipping).
Marchioness Chinoise in the land of Mancunia Productia Junkia in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Last edited by janeyliz; 05-20-2008 at 12:21 PM. Reason: spelling hiccy
I can't wait to try this stuff tomorrow under my new HETT gel! Or maybe I'll try the Biotera curl cream and gel thing again (now that I'm not using the dreaded Jessicurls cond, which was WAY too oily and making everything be poo in my hair). Or maybe I'll try the CK w/ the Mop C....Or maybe I'll try the CK alone, but more of it....or maybe the CK under HETT gel....Or maybe the CK under biotera gel....OMG! So so so many combos to try!

*I will not buy any more products, I will not buy anymore products*
Gels: CJ AF (HG), HEBE (HG)

So last night I did a deep condish (olive oil, honey and conditioner), then co-washed. Followed this with AOHR as a leave-in then worked in three good sized puddles of Round Trip followed by Aveda Flax. I then plopped overnight.

The results aren't bad. I've had a 10-minute drying session so it's still damp, but there's very little frizz, and curls are well defined. I will have to try this again one morning without the 9 hour overnight plop.

www.thelilyfoundation.org.uk
So I con washed and condished w/ Nexuss Humectress. Then applied PMRT to wet hair bent over, then again upright, and layered the HETT over that. Then I clipped and diffused...and right now I have good curl definition, great clumpage, and no frizz...oh, and my hair is shiny (and I have an issue with dullness).
Gels: CJ AF (HG), HEBE (HG)

Where do you buy PM Round Trip? Like I need to try anything else! I have a Trade Secret and Regis salon near me, and an Ulta.

Originally Posted by sherry7899
You should have no issue finding it at any of those places as long as they have a good supply of Paul Mitchell prodcuts.

Thanks! I plan to try Regis first, then Trade Secret. I dislike going to the Trade Secret near me because the women who work there seem to give snotty looks to anyone who walks in there!

I'll let you know how well it works after I try it..

Sherry

I'll let you know how well it works after I try it..

Originally Posted by sherry7899
LOL, it must be a Trade Secret job requirement - the 2 TS local 2 me also have the nastiest, most unhelpful attitude-y chicks I have ever seen in retail!!
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
Hi,

I'm so glad I went to Regis to buy the products. They gave me 20% off each product even though they weren't on sale! I'm going to try them later-I bought Round Trip and some Styling Glaze.

I generally dislike beauty supply places-I feel very self conscious in those places for some reason. The Ulta near me is right near a very wealthy area (Princeton, NJ) and most of the women who shop there look like one item of their clothing costs more than half my wardrobe...

Hi,

I tried the Round Trip and ended up with stringy hair without any curl definition! I did not use a leave in, though. Could that be the problem? I may try again tomorrow. I'm tired of spending money on products that don't work...sigh...

Any advice?

Oh no! That's so disappointing

How much did you use? There's quite a lot of protein in there as well (wheat if I recall, there's someone in the bathroom so I can't go and look), could that be the problem?

I don't know if not using a leave-in would be a problem, in the pre-CG days I didn't.

Any advice?

Originally Posted by sherry7899
If you have any build up in your hair, it could cause a problem. I used the CHS Silk Leave-in (it had mineral oil) and PMRT. My hair was disgusting to say the least. Haven't had problems with the PMRT before or after.

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix and CCCC
Thank you for your feedback.

Kathy, do you use Round Trip without a leave in?

I just clarified and then deep conditioned my hair. I'm sure I could have some kind of build up since I haven't clarified in a while. I'd love to make this product work!

I think I used about five pumps-my hair is a little longer than shoulder length. Is that too much? Not much came out with each pump.