Paul Mitchell Round Trip

Thank you for your feedback.

Kathy, do you use Round Trip without a leave in?

I just clarified and then deep conditioned my hair. I'm sure I could have some kind of build up since I haven't clarified in a while. I'd love to make this product work!

I think I used about five pumps-my hair is a little longer than shoulder length. Is that too much? Not much came out with each pump.

Originally Posted by sherry7899
I always use a leave-in! My crown/canopy is very dry, so I sometimes use two. Current fav is CJ hibiscus banana. I just put this on the crown/canopy. Sometimes watered down Shea M, but I don't love this like the others on the boards do--it's a little heavy. I've been trying the Giovanni and the KCKT. They are not moisturizing enough to use alone. The rest of my hair doesn't need a lot.

My hair is just shoulder length in front--inverted bob. I'm stingy with the product. Probably two full pumps, at most. You may be using too much. When I read through this thread, I saw that people use the PMRT as a leave in, a curl enhancer and a gel. I use it as a curl enhancer. I'm thinking of using it as a gel. Maybe some Pink Boots, ReCoil or LOOB over leave in with this on top. You may not get as greasy.

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams
A Round Trip tip:

Mix Round Trip, Curl Keeper, and B&A gel all together in your hand in equal proportions and then apply.

This is my humid weather HG combo.
2/b-2/c - I shampoo daily with non-sulfate shampoos - right now am *loving* L'Oreal Everpure shampoo and conditioner
For styling: homemade flax seed gel, Curl Keeper, and/or KCCC
Current favorite product: *KCCC*!!

Used this yesterday on dry hair to MAKE "2nd day hair???" SECOND DAY HAIR!!!!

Just scrunched it in and it redefined my curls. Plus it really held up walking around Philly in the 90 degree heat! Even when I twisted my hair into a knot, I took it out at night and it STILL looked piecey
My Photobucket Album
I used this today with my Biotera gel and came out great! Held up in the humidity and everything.
Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

Originally Posted by curlysue21
That would cover about 1/4 of my head. But the ratio helps!
Hi,

Thanks for the PMRT/Biotera gel combo idea. Maybe I'll try it tomorrow. I still haven't had luck with the round trip yet...

Hi,

Originally Posted by sherry7899
Sherry, I used to hate the RT - it dired way to fast and fuzzy and yucky.

I have had much better luck so far using it on dry hair and, I have a feeling mixing it with gel would yield fantastic results! I'm gonna try it too.

Originally Posted by curlysue21
That would cover about 1/4 of my head. But the ratio helps!
Originally Posted by rudeechick
Oh no that's not for my whole head! I used that a few times all around...maybe 5 or 6 and scrunched in. My hair is still okay but certainly not what I would consider 2nd day hair.
Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

I tried this for the first time last night with some Biotera leave-in and Biotera gel on top and I really liked the curl formation but I got some poof. I think it was user error because I didn't really pay attention to the amount of gel I put in, I think I used less than normal since it was nighttime and rainy and I wasn't going anywhere. I just got my hair wet to try my new product!! Plus is was raining (again) so pretty damp out.

Today I tried it again and got much better results. I used a little Biotera leave-in, then about 2 squirts of PMRT for the top and front and 2 squirts for either side, then used the normal amount of Biotera gel on top and scrunched the heck out of it. I air-dry so an hour or so later I had really curly well defined curls. I like this stuff so far..it gives me more curls, and they're smaller which I like because mine tend to elongate
3a fine hair (I think)

CoN poo and Biolage Conditioning Balm
I love CK and B&A gel...I like HETT Mousse
I'm still quite new to the site, but I believe I have a type 2b, cut in layers, to upper mid-back length. When showering I finger comb the tangles out of my hair and don't use a comb or brush once out of the shower. I gather my hair and pile it on the top of my head, and don't use a towel, then just wring out the excess moisture but leave it still sorta dripping damp, too dry and the product won't spread well to coat evenly.

I add 6-8 pumps of PM Round Trip to the length of my hair, and 6-8 pumps to the crown/top of my head, lightly coating and covering my hair trying to fuss as little possible with disturbing my hair (no leave-in for me or my hair gets weighed down). Then I hang my head upside down, gather all my hair and squish and scrunch my hair so that I can feel the water moisture and the product just kind of coating my hair evenly. I top it of with the PM Soft Spray Gel then get my diffuser on low heat, and low speed and dry away. Dry time is decreased and my curls are together, defined, and frizz free!!!

Finishing touch when I'm done is using the PM Freeze and Shine spray (might have had a name change but I can't remember right now) I get soft, touchable, shiny, and GOOD hold. Going through an entire overhaul of my hair care regime, I'm so happy my curls are happy again. I previously used CatWalk products, which I loved but they just stopped working on me. I hope this helps any readers!
I like Round Trip too, and didn't realize there were so many others out there that like it.

I've used it alone for styling (with just a tad of conditioner put in as a leave in) and it is curl enhancing with a bit of hold. When I use it alone I put in probably 5 quarter size amounts. Otherwise, I use it as a curl enhancer and put gel over it for more hold. Always a good hair day.

Good stuff!

Hair Type - medium to fine texture, high porosity, lots of it, type 2b/3a
Just tried this stuff today. Not sure yet. I'll post results later.

Goobernut and Rymorg use this so I thought I'd try. I have very fine and thin hair.

It's kind of slimy so I guess that means I'll do anything to get good curls!

So I used it and I like it! I did not realize the humidity was 14% today..which accounts for the extreme dryness. It did give me good curls and enhancement. I used Life Drops LI under it and ABBA Pure Finish over it. Next time if the dew and humidity is so low I need a much more moisturizing leave in under it as it has mag sulfate. I used about 1 tsp of Darcy's Botanicals Coconut and Aloe pudding after I SOTC as my hair was reallydry. That stuff is like a gold mine for my hair when it's dry. My hair loves coconut and aloe so it's a win win!

Overall it's pretty good! Definitely good enough for the arsenal!
Attached Thumbnails
Paul Mitchell Round Trip-pmrt-dbcap-2.jpg   Paul Mitchell Round Trip-pmrt-dbcap.jpg
FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: http://thewavytales.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Alexjoujou; 12-19-2009 at 01:15 PM. Reason: EDA pics and results
I am very new to CG, about two weeks. I have been debating whether or not to give it up. I loved the days when my hair has some nice waves/curls in it and I got tons of complements. But some days the waves are just all weird and uneven. A curly friend of mine got me a small bottle of RT and I am hooked. I just re-wet my hair this morning, and applied 3 pumps per side in my hair. When it was dry I added some Alba botanica soft style creme and i am pretty happy. I still need help with the frizz taming and I would like my hair to curl up a little better. But this stuff worked good enough to convince me to stick with the CG method!
Attached Thumbnails
Paul Mitchell Round Trip-1rrt.jpg
Anyone still using this?
~Chiara~
Using FIA: 2b/2a mix with a few ringlets in the canopy, straighter in the under layer by my neck. Thin in density, fine strands. Normal porosity. Hennaed.

Go To's: Aveda, Lush
I use this! I use it when I want big, loose waves. For my hair, it doesn't have that strong of hold, so I use it for smoothing and making my hair all soft and shiny. I love it!
whurly girly (2C/3A).
thick; medium/coarse; low porosity.
hair that is drier than the sahara desert.

LOW-POO: Renpure Organics
CO: L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner
RO: Renpure Keratin Conditioner. New HG!
LI: L'Oreal EverSleek Humidity-Defying LI Creme
Styling: SM Curl Milk, Argan Oil for sealing, sometimes GFPC Gel, some honey for hold, TIGI Control Freak Serum!!
Originally Posted by oh.hi.its.steph
Does it have any hold or is it more for just smoothing frizzies?
2b, fine texture, normal porosity & elasticity (CG as of 12/2011)

Low-poo: UFD Rich & Funky
Cowash: VO5 Kiwi Lime
RO: Tresemme Naturals, Aubrey Organics GPB, Ion Effective Care, MillCreek Keratin
PT/DT: IAgirl's PT, GVP CB
LI: KCKT, Cure Care, CJ CCCC Lite
Styling: Curl Keeper, As I Am Jelly, UFD Curly Magic, CJ Curl Queen, TIGI Strong Hold Mousse

^^ day 1 of going CG; avatar = 6 months later
Originally Posted by oh.hi.its.steph
Does it have any hold or is it more for just smoothing frizzies?
Originally Posted by kimmidawn
Hey, sorry, just saw this! It has average hold. Could be better, but it's fine! If I use it on its own I have some frizz... but I also think that's because it's not extremely moisturizing, and moisture is what conquers and controls my hair, haha.
whurly girly (2C/3A).
thick; medium/coarse; low porosity.
hair that is drier than the sahara desert.

LOW-POO: Renpure Organics
CO: L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner
RO: Renpure Keratin Conditioner. New HG!
LI: L'Oreal EverSleek Humidity-Defying LI Creme
Anyone still using this? I'm getting some and would like tips and combos for use. Thanks.
3a (normal-porosity/elasticity/density)
Cleanse: CHS TS+oil, poo bars, Sevi pumpkin poo, Co-wash
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI-GVPCB, DB pumpkin, Tresemmé Naturals
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, Gel-les'C, JC Spiralicious, AOMM, FSG, SSCEJ

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066