Old 07-25-2007, 10:18 AM   #1

Default Paul Mitchell Round Trip

Hi There...I don't usally post very much, but I have to rave about this leave-in. I have 3c/4a hair (chin length when straight) and it's ridculously thick...I only need 2 small palmfuls of this leave-in to smooth out frizzies...plus it works in the major heat and humidity of summer in South FL! It really does reduce dry time also...I usually sit under a hood dryer each am for 20-30 min, but now instead of leaving the house with my hair 40-50% dry it's 70-80% dry! I've had consistently good hair for the last 5 days using this product in my routine...I hope it continues!

I'll be posting the full routine in the 3c area if anyone is interested...
3b/c - Thick coarse hair that doesn't like protein or shea butter. Current routine: Wen Cleansing Conditioner, Yes to Cucumbers for daily co-wash, IC Fantasia Gel (blue)/CJ Aloe Fix to style, CIAB to finish/refresh curls
Old 07-25-2007, 10:26 AM   #2

Join Date: May 2006

Good to know; I just got this in a swap. Do you use a leave-in beneath it? Any pictures?

Old 07-25-2007, 11:02 AM   #3

Join Date: Oct 2006

I leave some conditioner in, use this as a leave-in, then small amount of CK and gel...I'll try to post some pics tonight...provided I can figure out the Fotki thing...
Old 07-25-2007, 01:28 PM   #4

Liesel's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2002

I just have to say I love your username

Liesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 05:10 PM   #5

Join Date: Oct 2006

Apologies for the late reply! Thanks Liesel!

I've FINALLY set up a FOTKI and I'll post my routine here instead of 3c:

1. Daily condition with 2 conditioners: DevaCare One C with castor oil then rinse...next, Nature's Gate Chamoile mixed with jojoba oil...rinse out 25% and leave the rest in

2. Squeeze out excess water and scrunch in mixture of 4 pumps of PM Round Trip + quarter-size amt of IC Fantasia Blue gel...flip head upside down and scrunch out more water with microfiber towel

3. Repeat step 2 and use paper towels instead of microfiber towel

4. Use a palmful of Curl Keeper to smooth over hair right side up and upside down then hood dry for 20 - 30 minutes

I also moisturise at night using Ebene Shea Butter lotion and DT once a week with the OneC. Just wanted to say a big THANKS to all on this hair board for helping me develop a routine!
Old 10-02-2007, 01:48 PM   #6

Join Date: Apr 2007

I have used this stuff for the past 5-6 days and *LOVE* it. I can't believe more people aren't talking about this stuff.

For curl enhancement I had been using Recoil or Jessicurl RR....but I think this one has been outperforming them both!

I have been using the Round Trip under B&A gel - nothing else.
2/b-2/c - I shampoo daily with non-sulfate shampoos - right now am *loving* L'Oreal Everpure shampoo and conditioner
For styling: homemade flax seed gel, Curl Keeper, and/or KCCC
Current favorite product: *KCCC*!!

Vaneda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 02:07 PM   #7

Join Date: May 2006

Wysiwig, glad you have a routine that works. I looked at your photos and I bet you can get 2nd day hair with that combo.

I've been using the PM Round Trip over Alagio Crazy Curl (with a leave-in condish or cream) and like it a lot. On wrung-out wet hair I use a creamy leave-in (Knot Today or Sheamoisture or something), then the Alagio, and then I plop for 5 minutes or so with a t-shirt or microfiber towel. After plopping I apply the PM, then scrunch a very thin film of castor oil on ends. I love its consistency and it really does hold. With the plopping etc. I cut off 10 minutes of total dry time. Hair is dry in 1/2 hour instead of 40-45 minutes.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:46 PM   #8

Join Date: Oct 2006

SBB, I'm actually still working on getting 2nd day hair that I'm happy with....at night I use a satin scarf on my hair but in the AM its half straight in the front and sticking off in crazy curl patterns in the back and I have yet to find a product or product combo that works to make it all look decent. (tried a satin pillowcase but it made me sweat and I woke up with hair that looked like something out of Bride of Frankenstein...half fro, half sticking straight up and smashed to one side of my head) All roads lead to frizz so far...I'm hoping that the longer it gets, it may be easier to figure out a 2nd day routine that works...
And of course, once I found my hair routine the weather changed! I've been using the AO Honeysuckle Rose condish as a rinse out and leave-in for the last week or so and it works very well! (OneC is so expensive and I have to use a lot!) Then instead of the Fantasia IC blue gel, I've been using a combo of the Sisters Smith Wet Set Pudding with a light glaze of KCCC over it. I still use the RoundTrip and CK also...3 pumps of RT first, then the combo, then a light glaze of CK at the end. Still liking the RT for the dry time!
Old 10-03-2007, 11:18 AM   #9

Join Date: May 2006

Had the same experience with a polyester satin pillowcase. Tried a silk charmeuse one and it works. What about a bonnet?

Old 10-04-2007, 07:40 PM   #10

Join Date: Oct 2006

I need to try a bonnet...I tried a silk pillowcase too and while I didn't sweat to death, I still woke up with the same crazy 'do. I think I've seen bonnets at Sally's, so that will be my next purchase...with some clips to make sure it stays on!
Old 10-07-2007, 07:48 AM   #11

Oregano  (formerly babywavy)'s Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2004

Originally Posted by Vaneda

I have been using the Round Trip under B&A gel - nothing else.

I used it a few times, and I loved it, until I noticed it was drying my hair out.
~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
Oregano  (formerly babywavy) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:01 PM   #12

Join Date: May 2006

I used PM Round Trip on dry hair today. I think Babywavy posted about the dryness before so I've been watching carefully. Since I used aloe vera/coconut oil/glycerin mix to twist my hair the night before, I didn't think the PMRT would dry it out and it didn't. It toned down the frizz and brought some curl back.

Old 10-08-2007, 07:29 PM   #13

Join Date: Oct 2006

I've gone through two bottles so far and no dryness...but I always have some conditioner left in before using it.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:00 PM   #14

Join Date: Jan 2007

I'm interested in trying this, but my hair is a 3A/occassional weak 3B. Do you think that it would be too heavy? I need things that define the curls but don't weigh them down! Also, CK made my hair look super greasy all the time, even when I just used small amounts. Has anyone noticed that with the Round Trip?
earcmra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:14 AM   #15

Join Date: Apr 2007

I have been using it for a couple of weeks now, every day, and have thus far had no problem with dryness (thank goodness, because I really am loving this product).

I have been mixing just a little bit of shampoo with a ton of conditioner and "washing" my hair this way, so it is super soft and conditioned before putting the round trip in my hair.

These past two weeks, since discovering round trip, have been great....I have had good hair days every single day. This is a personal record for me!
For styling: homemade flax seed gel, Curl Keeper, and/or KCCC
Current favorite product: *KCCC*!!

Vaneda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:49 AM   #16

Originally Posted by earcmra
It's not a heavy gel, more like a heavy glaze. But it has great holding properties and seems to work well on dry or damp hair.

Old 10-14-2007, 12:34 PM   #17

mailgirl's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2003

wahhh!!! I haven't been too impressed with this yet... but, I won't give up!
mailgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:25 AM   #18
Ro

Join Date: Sep 2007

Originally Posted by Suburbanbushbabe™
Hi SBB -- I used this product for the first time yesterday and I think I'm in love!!

Anyway, I woke up this morning to find really good 2nd day hair!! I need to refresh a couple of spots. How did you apply to dry hair??

Thanks!
3A (I think)

Loving my curls after all these years -- but still trying to figure out what works for me...
Ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 01:27 PM   #19

Originally Posted by Ro
Originally Posted by Suburbanbushbabe™

Thanks!
Smoothed it in? Maybe raked? Probably raked.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:30 PM   #20

xcptnl's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2005

I like this product on dry hair better than wet which is SOOOO strange for me. This is the first product that has ever worked for me on dry hair. I get freaking ringlets on one side of my head (of course only one side but that's my hairs fault not the product).

xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote