Kinky Curly Knot Today/ expanded to inlcude KCCC too

I think marshmallow root is a magic ingredient. It seems to do wonders for making curly hair feel silky.

KCCC has quite a few fans, so it shouldn't be hard to find a home for it. It's wonderful that CurlMart is carrying this product line again!
Originally Posted by Castella
The marshmallow root eh? It must be some magical plant I tell ya.

Asleep to audio, I've not tried the Curply Pudding. The price put me off before, and the formula changes (with mineral oil high up) put me off now.

I think that the Kinky Curly website mentions how to use KCCC for elongation/shrinkage prevention. I've been using it for curl enhancement/moisturization, so I've just been scrunching it in the same I would do for a regular gel.

What Ashkins wrote about KCCC seems to be a common complaint for those who didn't like it.
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
Now that would be as a leave in correct? I am thinking about this as a rinse out.
Originally Posted by xcptnl
She was talking about the KCCC, the curling custard (sort of like a gel) as opposed to KCKT (Knot Today conditioner). Kinky Curly has a line of about 4 different items.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
RRC, so you're using the KCCC just like a gel with no other product on top? Does it have enough hold? I usually need a lot of hold esp. in warm weather.
3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Originally Posted by Magoo
For me, it does not have the same type of hold as BRHG or HESMU. But, it has gotten me by for the most part. If it's a high dew point day, I'll put some CK underneath it. It is a soft hold for me, but tolerable. I think that gel gives more efficient hold, but I am sticking with this for now since I like the condition of my hair and how it feels with it. It also helps that it's late August now, and there is only about 5-6 weeks of summer left for me to worry about.

If someone loves a hard hold gel, I wouldn't say that this is an equitable substitute. I like it, but it is a different hold and feel for me than what I get from gel.

Originally Posted by Castella
The marshmallow root eh? It must be some magical plant I tell ya.

Originally Posted by xcptnl
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
Thank you - I got confused!!!

suburbanbushbabe, have you tried this out yet?

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
suburbanbushbabe, have you tried this out yet?
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
Tried it out this morning after cleansing/conditioning with BB Cleansing conditioner, and under AO MM Jelly which I figure is close to KCCC. Then scrunched ends with Set it Free + a tiny drop of castor oil rubbed in palms, and plopped for 5 minutes. Got a little surface frizz (the SIF+oil) so I smoothed a few strategic ends with Shea Moisture+aloe vera mix and air dried. The KT is very nice, very moisturizing and seems almost to absorb water. I had no drippies after applying to soaking wet hair even after the gel was on -- and gel is guaranteed drippies for me.

I want to give it some more use before final decision and also try as a co-wash.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
I've tried the kccc several ways and always end up with the same result. I wanted to love it based on all the reviews, but it didnt happen. I tried it by itself as a leave in and over top of my Elucence, and still the same. Made my hair tangle a bit also, which was the last thing I needed! I agreee with redcelticcurls, either you love it or you hate it. I think the fact that I dont use gel, and this is a gel-like product might have something to do with it also.

asleeptoaudio, im going to give the kccc one last shot, since its only been used about three times, to see if I can figure it out. If it doesnt work, to the swap board it will go!
Super Thick corkscrews and waves. LOVE Elucence MBC, Giovanni 50/50 condish, Qhemet Products, V05 Calming Chamomile Tea Therapy condish, Jessicurl WDT. These are my official HG's that I love oh so much

Originally Posted by redcelticcurls

Hmmm? So now I'm worried it might not give me enough hold. But you are right, summer is almost over anyway. It's been pretty cool here too. I wonder if I could use a gel over it for a bit of extra hold. I do like that you say that it's made your hair feel better. Because gels always make my hair feel so dry. I mean my curls may LOOK great but they just feel so rough to the touch and I hate that.

Originally Posted by Magoo
We're supposed to get our hot, steamy weather back tomorrw, so I was thinking fo mixing some hard hold gel with this, or just layering a bit. Maybe it will help.

I just can't decide between hair softness with less hold and a hard hold with less hair softness.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
Definitely a catch 22 isn't it? It's like my constant battle between even product distribution and less clumpy curls vs. clumpy curls but less even product distribution. AAAGGH!

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
So I just got my shipment today of the Knot Today and KCCC!
You don't know (or maybe you do) how hard I am resisting the urge to just jump in the shower and re-do my hair so I can try it out!
I guess I'll just have to be a patient little curly girl and wait until tomorrwo morning.

Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
I mixed the KCCC with SMU yesterday and today and it worked OK. A little goopy, but OK. I got more hold and less softness, but less hold than the SMU alone. End of day hair was still fine when I consider the humidity. It was one of those days that when I left work at 10PM, my glasses steamed up.

I used the Knot Today as my rinse out today, and my hair feels fine. I don't think I could pull this off every day, but it's good to know that I can use less product sometimes.

Magoo, I hope that at least one of the products works out for you!

Hi RCC,
So I decided to just give the KCCC a try today. I want to try one product at a time to see what's really working or not if you know what I mean.

First of all, wow, talk about knocking out volume! Volume has always been an issue for me (as in way too much of it ) so I like that it makes my hair lay better. I think I was a bit heavy handed with the amount because I actually ended up flipping my head upside down and shaking which I NEVER do to get some more lift at the roots. I've also heard that it elongates curls but instead it actually gave me nicer curl formation along most of the length of my hair, which is also something I rarely get. Most of the time my curls look stringy from the roots to about 5 inches down and then the ends are ringlety.
The only negatives so far is that my hair took quite a while to dry. I airdry. And I wish it gave me more shine.

Less volume and better curl formation along the length of my hair are definitely two great positives for me! I'll keep experimenting with amounts (I definitely used a bit too much) and maybe try layering something more shine enhancing over it. And the ingredients are all so good and natural so that's always a plus.

Hi RCC,

Originally Posted by Magoo
Maybe I'll try this...I'm looking for less volume.

CoN green, HE hello hydration, burt's bees super shiny condish, & KCCC.

mostly 3b, mod CG

Smiles are free, so give them away.

Celebrate we will, 'cause life is short but sweet, for certain.
I cowashed with the KT yesterday. Then used SheaMoisure+aloe vera as a leave in and John Masters Gel. I was able to towel blot before I put in the SM which I usually don't do. And I plopped for 5 minutes after the John Masters Gel. I'm on 2nd day hair today. The KT seems to be a serious moisture magnet...maybe why it works so well in humid weather?
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
I'm giving the KT a try tomorrow! It's supposed to work well when used with the KCCC.

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
Suburbanbushbase, I've had nice luck with multiday hair too.

Magoo, I can't wait to hear how the KT works for you!
I think that some use KCCC specifically for curl elongation and/or volume control. I can get "fatter" formation, so I guess that is elongation in its own way. I think that my volume is slightly reduced, but not a ton. Volume isn't something I've paid much attention to, so it's hard to say. Funny though, I feel as if I have a little more shine.

Originally Posted by Ashkins1118
And then maybe I'll grab it!

CoN green, HE hello hydration, burt's bees super shiny condish, & KCCC.

mostly 3b, mod CG

Smiles are free, so give them away.

Celebrate we will, 'cause life is short but sweet, for certain.
I LOVE KCCCC. That and Wet Set Curly Pudding (which is only $5) by Curls by Sisters Smith are my HG's. I'm just careful and only use a bit of KCCC in my hair. It feels crispy when it first starts drying (I only air dry), but by the time it's fully dry, there isn't a hint hardness.
So, I used the KT today and I have to say I couldn't believe how great this thing is at detangling! Usually, I put condish in my hair, then gently try to finger comb out the big tangles then move on to trying to work my comb through the smaller knots without tugging too hard. A process that can easily take me 5 min or more.

Well, today I put about a quarter size blob of the KT in my hair, massaged it in and it was like my hair just instantly softened. I was able to glide my comb right through my hair. My hair was untangled in less than a minute . No tugging, pulling, or anything. It also left my hair super smooth and soft. I actually got that seaweedy feel which I've never had with any other condish.

I didn't use it as a leave in because my hair was so soft I was afraid it would be too soft and undefined if I left any in. The temps and humidity are up again today.

I went ahead and styled with the KCCC but today I think I didn't use enough because I had sections where I had definitely missed.
I have to play around with the right amount of KCCC or see if I can play around with something to layer over it for extra hold. How much KCCC are you guys using? I have hair that is slighly past shoulder length when dry.
I'm definitely impressed! Thanks RCC!