Kinky Curly Knot Today/ expanded to inlcude KCCC too

Magoo, I'm glad that the super magic detangler worked for you too! Isn't that crazy?! I never would have guessed it, and I don't recall it getting heavy press on the boards before. Maybe it did and I missed it. I, too, usually need lots of time with the wide toothed comb, but I can get away with my fingers with this stuff. I still use a comb for even distribution, but I don't need it for detangling so much now.

I'll have to be more aware of the marshmallow root that Castella mentioned.

I use a good 50 cent piece sized blob of KCCC, but I think that most use less. I use about the same amount of KT too.

While I am normally skeptical of a product line saying that you should use their stuff together, I think with the Kinky Curly stuff, it might actually be a bit advantageous. Maybe if you applied a tiny dab before the KCCC it would help? I dunno...

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
I'll have to work up the nerve to use the KT as a leave in since my hair can be so funny about leave ins. They usually leave my hair way too soft and that leads to major poof ! But first I've got to figure out how much KCC to use. Aaaaggh! Today I used too much again and although my hair looks nice, I have major crunch . I tried to crunch some of it out and I ended up fluffing up the ends a bit too much. UGh! I can't really tell how much I'm using because I just dip my fingertips in the jar and smooth it into my hair section by section. If I just tried to put it all in in one big blob I'd end up getting too much in some sections and not enough in others.
RCC maybe you are right. If I use the KT underneath it might give me just the right balance of hold and softness. Another experiment for tomorrow I guess.
3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
Does KT provide any real benefits besides detangling? Does it enhance the curl? Add bounce? Beef up limp hair?

I'm a sometimes-fan of KCCC. So I'd definitely consider trying KT. But not if it's just a detangler. I can detangle w/ all of the other conditioners I currently have. I don't want to buy something else solely on the basis of its detangling.
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000
Sorry I missed this.

Right now, I can use this as a standalone conditioner every-other wetdown.

I don't have limp hair so I can't soeak to beefing it up.

I get enhancement, but I do get enhancement from anyhting that is moisturizing.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
I bought KT and have used it three times so far, I think. Twice with KCCC and once w/ Jane Carter Sculpt and Shine. And I love it! KT is a great leave-in! It detangles effortlessly and I can leave in as much as I want (under the other product I use) without my hair feeling weighed down, getting overconditioned or getting moisture-frizzed.

It's moisturizing but not "conditioning" if you know what I mean. And that's what I've been looking for! Thanks for the reviews.
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

I finally used the KT as a leave in the other day and I agree, it's a great leave in. And you're right Spiderlashes, none of that moisture frizz I can sometimes get from a leave in.

Originally Posted by Magoo
I'm glad to see input from a finer haired curly. I'm happy that it is working for you!

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
I bought this from the curlmart and I like it ok as a rinse out co, but I don't get good leave in results that I am reading about in the rest of this thread. Althought I have mixed KCKT with my SheaM and get good results. Weird...I do really like the simple ingred list and I haven't had any flaking issues like I usually do with some leave ins under gels. But I may not order this again, but I would buy it though off the shelf if it were available in Cincy.
Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren
I'm a fine hair. I think the Knot Today is very similar to phytodefrisant but much more affordable (added bonus, no garlic smell!) and it works similarly on my hair...

For me, both KT and the phytodefrisant help smooth frizz and promote softness. Unfortunately,both also tend to make my hair kind of limp. Not really stringy, more like I brushed the curl out, there's still some volume, no frizz, but I pretty much lose my curl definition.

I haven't decided yet whether or not that's a good thing. I have a lot of volume from a moderate amount of fine hair and what I consider weak curl definition. With the right products, I can get ringlets & so forth, but they tend to expand into the usual mess during the course of the day. Maybe a looser (and hopefully more suppressed) look will be better.
formerly Castella
(my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)
Originally Posted by Magoo
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
Yeah, I have fine hair but so much of it, almost nothing weighs this mop down!

Castella, my hair is similar that I can get poofy and undefined very easily even though my curls are tighter than yours. That's why my hair is funny about leave ins. It can get too soft and that leads to poof. Fortunately, the KT doesn't seem to do that, so far .

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
RRC - How can I thank you for reviewing the Knot Today!!!! I don't post often, but I had to thank you. This is now my #1 conditioner and leave in and that's saying alot, because I've been using Elucence for years. I've never been able to leave all of my conditioner in my hair without it turning white, but with Knot Today, I leave all of it in and then put Curling Custard over it and it's PERFECT! I didn't care for Curling Custard as my main styler, but with the Knot Today, again, it's PERFECT. The Knot Today allows me to finger comb my hair and I haven't been able to do that in years.

Thank you so much!
VERY THICK 3c/3b -Dr. Bronners Peppermint Soap to Shampoo or Elucence Cond. daily/dt, Cantu Shea Butter Leave In to style.

Finally had a chance to use KT and KCCC together and I have to say it's a very nice combo. I co-washed with BB Cleansing conditoner after an Ojon overnight DT and conditioned with RC. Applied KT then KCCC -- scrunched and smoothed in sections. It looked pretty stringy at first and the KCCC feels "squeaky" and loses slip as I apply it. I didn't add gel. After drying there was crunch and reduced volume. But I did the Set it Free/scunci stretch for 5 minutes to loosen and soften. It looks great, no frizz. And feels very smooth and moist even though there's no oil in my hair, probably due to the Agave nectar. This KCCC effect is the equivalent of my using Alagio+AOMM over KT. I want to try mixing it with AOMM just for grins.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
I just used the KCCC today and wondered...should I cut this with AVG 50/50? It seemed a bit too crunchy for me even paired with the Knot Today. Also, I usually use Jessicurl WDT as a leave in and wondered if anyone else has used the KCCC with WDT under it.
It was the weirdest thing too, I put the KT in as my leave in about 2 quarter sized blops, but as soon as the KCCC touched my hair it felt like it just sucked the slip right out of the KT and my hair felt kinda stiff even though it was soaking wet. Anyone else?

Echo, I just decided to pull this back out for the cooler weather since it wasn't working to well when it was warmer and am having a hard time trying to figure how much to use too. I love the volume reduction and curl definition I get (nice coils throughout the entire length) but either I use too much and end up stiff (almost plastic like) and crunchy or not enough and end up poofy after it dries. And I know what you mean about it sucking the slip out of my hair, to me it almost feels like it coats my hair and doesn't smooth on as easy or something .
From what I've read from other curlies, KCCC can sometimes cause flaking when mixed with other leave ins or products but I might try experimenting with using KCCC mixed with other product to see if I can find just the right combo. Let me know how it works out for you.

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
Yep, I guess I'm just used to the Biotera gel which is thin and pourable and very easily distributed. Since it's a softer hold gel and I pair it with the Jessicurl WDT my hair has supersoft hold with good clumping and definition. I think I'll try that KCCC/WDT combo tomorrow. .... since I am still waiting for Jessicurl to make a clear gel that is complementary to her line...

....as soon as the KCCC touched my hair it felt like it just sucked the slip right out of the KT and my hair felt kinda stiff even though it was soaking wet. Anyone else?
Originally Posted by echokitten
*raises hand* Same problem. Can't scrunch it in because it doesn't squish like gel does & I can't rake because I end up with sticks that won't curl. (have been scrunching angell over it to get the sticks to curl) Overall I love this stuff but application is annoying.

How's everyone else getting this into their hair?
3a/b mix
pw:curlyqs
I definitely find it hard to distribute evenly. I sometimes end up with very crunchy sections and other sections that I barely got any product on.
I have been applying the KCCC first and then following with another gel like HEBE but I think tomorrow I'll try mixing the KCCC and HEBE together in my hand and then applying it.
I'll let you know how it works out.

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
Well, you guys have convinced me. I'm ordering the KT and KCCC. I've gotta stay away from the product review section because I always end up buying stuff.
3B with some 3a. Fell off but am now back on the CG bandwagon and looking for my HG products.
UGGHHH...I think I'm shelving this KCCC until further notice. I can't get good hair with this right now. I tried it with KT and with my usual WDT as leave ins and I even cut it today with AVG and I get the same stiff, hard to distribute mess every time. It feels kinda producty too, even though I am using only a fraction of the amount of gel I normally use.
I have never used a gel that made my hair feel that weird stiffness like KCCC does. It's just mind boggling.

Originally Posted by echokitten
I sympathize. I couldn't get it to work for me either last year but now it's working like a charm. I have no idea what changed other than using Knot today generously. Without it KCCC just doesn't work well for me. I'm still experimenting with other leave-ins. My fantasy is to have it work with a $1 conditioner like Suave Toasted Vanilla.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.