Kinky Curly Knot Today/ expanded to inlcude KCCC too

Echo-On another thread, some one said that KCCC doesn't mix well with oils. I wasn't sure why it didn't mix but ... I believe we're experiencing what happens with oils & KCCC. I use TS & you're using WDT. Oils.

I usually leave some TS in then put KT on top & then KCCC. Today I had a brain freeze & I accidentally rinsed out TS completely. My mistake was a blessing--KCCC application was a breeze!! It still lost slip as I raked but no where like it was with TS in the mix.

Maybe try it without WDT & see how it does?
3a/b mix
pw:curlyqs

Maybe try it without WDT & see how it does?
Originally Posted by tinabcurly
Well, I actually used it a couple of times with KT first as suggested with the exact same results, so I don't think it really is the oils. Plus, I was following another threads warning to not use the KCCC without a leave in (suburbanbushbabe).I really can't get away without a leave in anyway, even if I wanted to.
Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren
Sorry. I take back what I said. Yesterday was just a freakishly good day for KCCC. Today I tried to do what I did yesterday & ended up with the usual noodle sticks while putting KCCC in. Once I got the sticks to curl, I got great definition & no frizz.

So does anyone one know why KCCC doesn't mix with oil & what it does?
3a/b mix
pw:curlyqs
I'm not sure exactly why it doesn't work with oils. I'm thinking one of the ingredients in it doesn't mix well with them
Btw, I tried mixing it with my HEBE gel the other day before applying it and it did go on smoother but it was kinda rainy so my hair started out looking nice but ended up a bit poofy later in the day so not sure if it was the KCCC or just the weather.

Not to change the subject (although this thread is about KT too), I'm getting ready to order some more of the KT. I still have my original bottle from a couple of months ago since I only use it as a leave in (figured it would last longer than using it as a rinse out). I see the formulation is different. Anybody notice any difference in how the product performs with this new formula? Is the smell different cause right now mine doesn't really smell like anything.

Thanks!
3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"

Thanks!
Originally Posted by Magoo
there is a thread about this over in the Curlmart news board. It seems that it was a labelling error. But, I swear that the current label formula feels thinner than the label that doesn't have the mango. Maybe it's all in my head. I guess we'll see when the new shipment comes in.
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
I haven't used the KT today yet. Hard to get!!

I have used the KCCC. I liked it the first time, but my hair could be used as a crash test dummy. It immediately added the most shine I had even seen, my curls just seemed to pop and I got 3rd day hair out of it. However the first time I did not know you had to USE a leave-in with it.

The second time I tried, I got the same results but used less to see if that would help with how rock hard it dries. Didn't work. So, I shelved it.

Then I tried it over the SheaM leave-in and those were the best curls I have seen since being curly. It seemed to work with the SheaM beautifully for me. I did my hair on Wednesday and I just co-washed my hair today. My curls held and they got softer and softer as the day wore on. I take back every bad thing I have ever said about it. I think I will be using this combination more than anything else. One thing...I added two quarter sizes of the SheaM to my entire head. I applied it to damp hair. And I let that soak in for a few minutes and then I added in the KCCC in sections. For some reason, sopping wet has not given me the best results with the KCCC. But that was also before I used it with the SheaM.

Plus it revived the next day very easily with my own leave-in concoction of distilled water, vegetable glycerin, and aloe vera whole leaf juice. And my hair is SO SOFT!!!!!

I cannot wait to try it with the KT. But I must say that it got the job done! And I had nice bouncy curls that were SHINY!!!

-Nicki
3C s-curls, coils, and corkscrews

TIGI MM, QB AOHC, KCCC, MJ CM, MJ BBC, JC WDT, CD HM, CD MHH, DC OneC, Veg Glyc, and Jojoba oil.

Thanks RCC! So, if I'm understanding correctly, these have been the ingredients for the past year:

Mango fuit extract, slipper elm, marshmallow root, lemongrass, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol and natural fragrance.

Because my current bottle that I bought a couple of months ago, has the other ingredients listed on it (no mango extract or beh. methosulfate). So my bottle really has the above list of ingredients but it's just labeled wrong? Right?
3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
Lovemylocks, you didn't pop any frizz later in the day with the SM under KCCC? That's the one combo I haven't tried because I assumed the butters would negate the KCCC hold.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.

Originally Posted by Magoo
That's how I understood it. I guess we'll see when the new batch comes from teh manufacturer, lol. I wish they made bigger bottles of this...
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
Originally Posted by Suburbanbushbabe™
SBB, it is the strangest thing because I have not found much that worked with KCCC and I have tried it a few different times. And I had almost given up on it.

I GOT NO FRIZZ after it dried or the next day or the next. The curls revived as I said they did with my homemade spritzer. My curls we still soft, light, and fluffy. Now, I will say that I had more volume when I awakened the second day. The top was way more full. I like the second day better than I did the first day. Even before I spritzed my hair it was still very curly and soft. All the spritzer did was add more oomph to my flattened curls in the back. But this combination left my hair pretty springy to start with.

So far this is the only thing that has seemed to work for me with the KCCC without me signing up as a crash test dummy. I wasn't thinking it was going to work, but said, "what the hey?" and gave it a try. I really wanted this to work. So, after seeing that Natakue had tried it with other things outside of the KCCC and had success, I tried this.

Another thing is....it accepted the Glycerin pretty well and that made for very soft curls too. (2 oz Glycerin, 2 oz Aloe Vera Whole Leaf Juice, and 4 oz Distilled Water). KCCC really surprised me with the SheaM.

-Nicki
3C s-curls, coils, and corkscrews

I just tried the KT today. I didn't leave that much in, but I used enough so that I think I felt I had distributed it evenly.

My hair is so short it doesn't ever have tangling issues, but this product surprised me in other ways. My hair seemed curly and defined as I stepped out of the shower, and just didn't seem that wet anymore. I applied two puddles of Jane Carter's C&S and that seemed to wetten it a bit, but as I scrunched in my HEBE gel, my hair seemed to soak it up and dry an hour's worth. I scrunched in some SiF because I thought I had lost too much moisture. Two hours later, my hair is almost totally dry with soft, yet fairly skinny curls. I can't decide if I like the results or not.

Hmm. :/