Sebastian Hi Contrast

Firm Hold Super Gel. Yes it is. Laurabeth gave it a good recommendation and I had to try it. It's high in protein, so I left a little condish in my hair, plus mixed it with some boots when I applied it to my hair. Great stuff. I had very soft hair all day, and no frizz. It was very warm and humid, so I didn't expect much, but was very pleasantly surprised.

It did make my curls a little looser (but I like that).
Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
Location - WI
I bought some of the Hi Contrast and have now tried it 3 times. It is amazingly good at holding and keeping away the frizz all day. Thank you, Laurabeth.

The first time I tried it, I put it on soaking wet hair (over leave-in). My hair took ages to dry and the curls looked a bit stringy for the morning but looked nice by the afternoon. The second time I tried it, I scrunched a couple of times with my microfibre towel after the leave-in. I got really good clumpy curls which lasted all day and gave me good second day hair, as well (unusual for me). I think I could even have got 3rd day hair which has never happened before.
Today, was the third time - not as good curls as last time (used a less moisturizing conditioner) but I was outside most of the day and it was incredibly hot and humid and my hair still doesn't have any frizz. It does feel a bit dry though. Definitely needs lots of conditioner.
3a curls
I think this is my new favorite gel! I need to compare it to B&A (my long-time favorite) to be completely sure, but I've just been having such good hair days with this that I don't want to use anything else. I've been using it over Oyin Greg Juice and have had consistently good hair with it for 2 weeks now. My hair is shiny, soft (after scrunching), and <drumroll>..... frizz-free! In Florida humidity. Without CK. I'm completely amazed!

I use it on very wet hair after spraying in some GJ. My hair is currently chin-length curly, and I use 2-3 dime size drops. One smoothed and raked on the top, one on the underneath, and sometimes an extra one scrunched in. I scrunch my hair upside down, plop for a few minutes while I get dressed, clip my roots with a couple of jaw clips, and air-dry. It dries very crunchy, but scrunches out well. Once scrunched out, my hair is bouncy and soooo shiny! Usually when I go to lunch, my hair totally frizzes up in the humidity, but with this stuff I barely get any surface frizz. And it holds my super-fine curls all day!

I love you, Laurabeth!!!

My only complaint is the stupid metal tube. I hated it with Potion 9, but for some reason Sebastian packages like half their products in these stupid things. The top of my tube cracked, and I had gel leaking out until I taped it. The gel is definitely good enough to put up with it though!
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
Day one with Seb's Hi Contrast, I like it! Need to experiment some more but I have great curls, no frizz and good hold. Used just the smallest dab of it on top of RR and CCSS, I might be in love.
2b/3a.
Puppy love is still sooooo great!
Location - WI
Day two with SHC gel, really like it, still. Big bouncy curls and I only used two little dabs over CCSS. Updated fokti w/pics
2b/3a.
CinC -- Love your photos - great wavy curls!
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

thanks, I'm excited...can't wait to experiment with it more
2b/3a.
Looks so nice and full - lovely!
http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

thanks, I'm sooo excited. I think I would've had second day hair 'cept I went for a run this am.
2b/3a.
I went looking for Sebastian Hi Contrast after reading all the great reviews and only could find Sebastian Laminates Sheer Curl Weightless Shine Curling Gelee. Have any of you tried that?
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:

My hair turned out a lot softer with this gel than I thought . . . I thought it would be super-hard. I definitely messed with it too much while it was drying, though, as I was dismayed to see frizz forming on my crown. So then I re-wet the top of my head, put my hair in a pony tail. And three hours later, taking out the ponytail, I was surprised-- I have nice, soft wives on the bottom of my hair (from the pony tail part) and a smooth but not flat front part . . . hmmm.
have others found this less crunchy than they thought? Or did I not apply enough? (one quarter size, plus two nickel size) Did others find it a bit heavy, so curls were a bit less tight?
2b/3a, fine, "naturally frizzy", non-porous, above shoulders, brunette
Low-poos--faves are Deva and JC, experimenting with CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo
Conditioners: faves are Devacare One-C, Jessicurl Too Shea
Leave Ins: Conflicted relationship--no fave
Fave stylers: Aveda Flax Seed & Aloe over Aveda Phmollient mousse, KCCC over anything, Biolage Firm Hold Gelee (HG for spring/summer), CK

I get very soft curls with it. No hard crunch at all. I'm out. Must get more : )
Originally Posted by 2poodles

This gel is very, VERY light hold. It gave me nice shine, but my curls wimped out on me in just a couple of hours. Definitely not for someone looking for a lot of hold.

Originally Posted by kiniha
It dries crunchy in my hair, but once I scrunch it out, my hair is super soft.
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

now i've gotten used to this. my hair seems to love it--currently the humidity here is pretty high. i put it on over CK, scrunching pea-sized amounts in different sections of my wet hair, then raking one final pea-sized amount through the canopy and sides. if i don't touch (always the key, right?) my hair dries in really nice curls with very little crunch. what crunch there is can be scrunched out or twirled out (twirling a ringlet around my finger) easily.
2b/3a, fine, "naturally frizzy", non-porous, above shoulders, brunette
Low-poos--faves are Deva and JC, experimenting with CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo
Conditioners: faves are Devacare One-C, Jessicurl Too Shea
Leave Ins: Conflicted relationship--no fave

Thank you ladies for suggesting this gel! I finally found it at Ulta and am loving my curls!! I used it over just a dab of GF C&S leave-in and I've got gorgeous, defined, clumpy curls! If I continue to get these great results, I've found my HG!!

bump- Still loving it?
Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
-Henry David Thoreau