View Poll Results: Which do you like better, Curling Custard or Jojoba Jelly?
Jojoba Jelly 5 55.56%
Curling Custard 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Jojoba Jelly vs. Curling Custard

I had someone suggest to me that I try jojoba jelly over curling custard. Her exact reason why I'm not sure except for the fact that I might like it. What do you ladies who have tried both like better?

Hey Skirts-

I think it was me that suggested the Jojoba Jelly. I find it to be moisturizing and it lays my hair down pretty flat. I thought those were qualities you were seeking in a product, so suggested that you order both the Jelly and Custard if you can do so financially (the Jelly is much cheaper; I think it is $8 and the 8 oz. bottle will last a long time).

I'm not sure why the Jelly was so horrible for Cehua per her post below (I am editing this after reading hers). Maybe wait and see if you hear from more people who have used both products. I've only used the Jelly, so cannot vote in your poll (yet )
"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."

"I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
I like CC because the JJ did nothing for my hair but make it poofy and frizzy. CC elongates my curls but still gives me bounce and body (and I do not have a problem with it breaking out my skin). Before CC I used Curly Pudding. I still like that but it dried my hair a lot and I get better results with CC. Still keep the CP around for when I want a different look.
We're all born mad. Some remain so.

I like the CC more than the JJ b/c I only have to use one product most of the time. With the JJ I still had to use gel to hold my hairstyle.
Like Cehua said I get bounce and body while my curls are still elongated.
I can also use a leave in for a look with less shrinkage.

Cehua, what a cute pic!
awwwwww!
FYI - I'll be able to vote in this poll within the next week or so after my order of Custard arrives and I compare it to the Jelly!

What Curly Goddess says makes sense, especially given the difference in price. I love the Jelly but I layer it with other products. The more pricey Custard is supposed to do more and not require layering... We'll see about that!

Skirts-

I was finally able to vote in your poll now that I've tried Jelly and Custard.

I prefer Jojoba Jelly. Why? Because it is less heavy, still moisturizing, a better value for the money and lays my hair down flat the way that I like. I tried the Custard over Knot Today with no gel over top over the weekend and my hair looked lovely for 3-4 hours and then my curls fell out and I got more hair volume than I've seen since the 1980s when I didn't know how to take care of it or what products to use... From what others have posted on the 3c/4a Custard thread, the Custard is more tricky - it doesn't play well with all conditioners and you have to really finesse styling application and methods to get good results. By contrast, with the Jelly, I use a little of it along with a little leave-in and gel and I get great, consistent results. Everyone's hair is different and we have different textures and curl patterns so you may not want to follow my advice. However, I would suggest that you check out the latest posts on the 3c/4a Custard thread.... Also, if you've broken down and purchased either product (or both) you should post your results!!

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
And I have both products. For some reason the CC makes my hair too soft and makes it hard to hold a curl. The JJ helps the curl formation for me. I used both products in the same way -- first put on jojoba oil, then mix the product with cream gel and then diffuse.

Hope this helps.
"let us be grateful for those that make us happy; they are the charming gardners that make our souls blossom" -- Proust
No eyestrain, I wasn't able to purchase the CC b/c it's not here and I refuse to pay the high shipping on the kinky curly website. I don't know what's going on at curl mart with the shipments from shelly but i pray that it gets fixed asap.

"Make it work!"- Tim Gunn
Yeah, I just checked and only Knot Today and Glass Pomade are available on curlmart now STILL NO J. JELLY

If you are up for a swap, maybe you can purchase Ladydncing's Custard on the swap board. It is much cheaper there!

Originally Posted by skirts_curls_n_gloss
the problem is just that the demand is greater than the supply! Gretchen said they had like a million backorders.

I just posted on the main board how HOT this product (Curling Custard) is in Los Angeles. I purchased a jar on Sunday and the shelves were full (almost like she had just dropped off a batch) and then when I went back today on my way home from work to buy a pomade ALL of the CC were GONE!
It had to have been at least 25 jars when I brought mine on Sunday and they were all gone!

The guy at the register said that its hard to keep on the shelves and that a lot of women buy it to use on their daughter's hair.

I also think that it is for sale in a few more stores that are not on her website. (I THINK)
But I know for sure she said in an email there is one salon in NJ that just started selling the CC and KT. I just cant find the name of the place.

Where do you live skirt-curls&gloss?
email her and ask her if there is a store in your area that sells it.
that way you can save on shipping by buying it locally.
Thanks curlygoddess,

That's really nice of you to be so informative. However, I live in Athens, GA about an hour away from Atlanta. I'm pretty sure she doesn't ship to anywhere in this area. This stinks.

It's insane how great this product is doing. I mean, I thought about it being a lot of back orders, but never this many. Oh well, I'll just have to wait my turn b/c I refuse to pay a ton for shipping. And what if I'm not happy with it? I might cry. No, I take that back; I would cry.