Old 09-19-2007, 06:15 PM   #1

nancylp73's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Default Cheap low-sulfate shampoo?

It seems that all of the low-sulfate shampoos have salon prices. Is there anything that I can buy at Wal-Mart that would be comparable?

I would like to "shampoo" with something other than conditoner at least a couple of times per month, I guess old habits die hard!

I think some of the folks on here use baby shampoo occasionally, does that have low sulfates compared to traditional shampoo?
nancylp73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:13 PM   #2

asleep to audio's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2006

I use Creme of Nature Detangling Conditioning Shampoo and I love it! It really IS detangling, plus it has no sulfates yet still gets you clean. It's also quite moisturizing, and I get it at Target for about $3-5. Not bad, and it's great stuff.

CoN green, HE hello hydration, burt's bees super shiny condish, & KCCC.

mostly 3b, mod CG

Smiles are free, so give them away.

Celebrate we will, 'cause life is short but sweet, for certain.
asleep to audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:13 PM   #3

Join Date: Dec 2003

Neutrogena Triple Moisture Cream Lather Shampoo is low sulfate.

Water, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamide MEA, Meadowfoam (Laminates Alba) Seed Oil, Olive (Olea Europaea) Fruit Oil, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol, Sulfonate, Polyquaternium-7, Amodimethicone, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Castor Isostearate Succinate, Dimethiconol, Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Cetyl Alcohol, Guar (Cyamopsis Tetragonoloba) Gum, Citric Acid, TEA Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Fragrance.
lazy loops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:06 AM   #4

roses_92123's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by asleep to audio

Everything asleep to audio said! I used to use this shampoo as a kid and just recently picked it up again. This makes your hair so soft, you almost don't even need to condition afterwards.

Almost.
Rose
BiRacial Curly Girl
Mostly 3B...with one or two 3C ringlets!
Currently Loving: SheaMoisture Leave-in, CK, re:coil (only 1-2x per week), Hypo Allergenic Gel. Still Looking for that HG Conditioner though....
roses_92123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:37 PM   #5

Join Date: Apr 2006

I went to Target tonight to find that shampoo mentioned above, but we don't have it at the Targets here I guess!
ringletcurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 11:59 AM   #6
Guide18
Guest

Posts: n/a

Cream of Nature is often relegated to the "ethnic" section, so look for it there. WalMart might be a better bet than Target.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 06:14 PM   #7

nancylp73's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Default Wal-Mart

Yes, I found mine at Wal-Mart, in the ethnic haircare section. I really like this stuff, and plan on using it once a week!
3B Curls, inverted bob haircut.
Suave co-wash, B2B pom CO, gel brand varies.
Apply gel, clip hair off forehead with claw clip, and air dry.
nancylp73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 06:33 PM   #8

Join Date: Dec 2003

What are the ingredients to the Cream of Nature? Which color cap does this one have?

I forgot about this grocery/drug/mass merchant extremely gentle sulfate shampoo... Nexxus Therappe. I wonder if the Suave Professionals & Sally Beauty Supply knock-off/generic version are the same.
lazy loops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:46 AM   #9

Mint's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007

Dove Cool Moisture shampoo has one sulfate (sodium laureth sulfate), no cones and no proteins. I like it so far.
2a/M-C/ii hair. Super long.
Mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 07:31 AM   #10

Join Date: Sep 2002

lazy loops, I am using Sally's generic of NT and loving it. I don't know how it compares to the original, but it has one sulfate, sodium laureth, which is the gentlest, a lovely coconutty scent, and also detangles. I have also used CON, but it seems to leace a build-up on my fine 3A hair. After I finish my current body wash, I plan to use this as a body wash also. (NT generic)
3A,fine texture,medium thickness,below shoulder length for the 1st time in 30 yrs! colored dark blonde to hide gray.
maryeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 01:06 PM   #11

Join Date: Jul 2007

Giovanni is also another shampoo. You can find it at Ulta if you have one near you!
HTH
~3b/3c mixed hair
Giovanni/Curls/Blended Beauty are my staples
mzaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:01 PM   #12

Join Date: Apr 2006

I found the Creme of Nature at Walmart. I got the EXTRA conditioning version--they had conditioning and extra cond.

So far, so good.