View Poll Results: Which Burt's Bee's products have you tried?
beeswax lip balm 20 38.46%
none of these 6 11.54%
other 11 21.15%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Burt's Bee's

Has anyone ever tried the Burt's Bee's line of products? I am fond of the Rosemary Mint Shampoo Bar. It looks like a bar of soap, but it is actually shampoo with rosemary and mint extracts. My hair feels squeeky clean afterwards and smells great! I think it's one of the coolest inventions. Please leave opinions here for any Burt's Bee's products. Thanks!
I got all my friends to use the lip balm. WE ALL LOVE IT... including our boyfriends. They secretly steal our sticks to use it on themselves.
I see the stuff all the time at Border's and I am very curious about it, but I have never tried it . . . . . . . yet!
I'm a 2something/3something. Started modified CG routine on 6/6/05
Cut more than ten inches from my BSL hair on 8-10-05 and growing it long again
But we're STILL adjusting.
I have tried the shampoo, lip balm and two of the soaps. None of it was working well on me. I actually really didn't like it at all.

I have tried & liked the lip balm
3a/2c
Long layers, past BSL
Loving: CON poo, Elucence MBC, Jessicurl WDT, B&A Gel.
SLS free poos since Feb 6/05
I've tried the lip balm, shampoo bar and lotion.
I liked the lip balm and lotion; the shampoo bar
left an oily film on my hair. Try the tinted
lip shimmers; they're basically the lip balm with
some color. They're great!
I use Burt's Bees on my face. I loved the orange face cleanser, but they've apparently stopped making it and now have a Lemon Poppy one out. I just got it this week and I'm still making up my mind. I LOVE the moisturizer and the exfoliating scrub.

When I was looking for the orange stuff, I asked the stocker about it. She said she'd heard that Burt had left the company. That he didn't own a controlling share and that the company was starting to cut corners, etc. He wouldn't stay b/c they wouldn't maintain the quality he wanted. Has anyone else heard this? Is it true?

I really hope not b/c these guys are messing with my FACE HGs!!!!
3c, mostly spirals. Finally figuring out how to live happily with these curls. And now they're starting to love me back!
I really hope Burt didn't leave the company! I don't think I could handle the quality of the products going down!
I love the Lip balm and facial scrub. I too have turned all my friends and family on to the lipbalm. Every time my brother visits I find the lipbalm in my medicine cabinet has magically disappeared. :x I was just at his house and found 4 tubes in the bathroom in his shaving bag. His excuse was he couldn't find it around him. I think he doesn't want ot go out to buy it- too girly or something. Yesterday his wife sent me a package full of Burts bees stuff with a note apologizing for my brother's BurtsBeescleptomania!! I love my SIL :kisses:kisses.gif
*Holly*
2C/3A
Bentley my dog is my avatar
has anyone tried the doctor burts resQ ointment? what does it do? does it work? any other opinions on it? thanks!

I really hope not b/c these guys are messing with my FACE HGs!!!!
Originally Posted by Pendesd
Hey, I think I have a tube of the orange face cleanser at home. I used it a few times, but it didn't work well for my oily skin. Want it? I'll send it for the price of postage. PM me if you're interested.
I LOVE burt's bees products. I use a ton of them.

I just haven't tried the hair stuff because the sulfate free 'poo has tea-tree oil in it which I can't use. I don't think I need anything as rich as the avacado butter hair treatment, but I have been curious about the shampoo bar. I have heard some say it was drying.

I do, however, use a ton of their facial and body products religiously - including:

Makeup:

Tinted Moisturizer (medium)
Blushing Créme (plum)
Lipstick (fig and latte)
Lip Shimmer (rhubarb, watermelon and nutmeg)
Raspberry Lip Gloss
Eye shadow (periwinkle and heather)
Wings of Love rice paper sheets

Face care:

Wild Lettuce Complexion Soap
Marshmallow Vanishing Créme (winter)
Grapefruit Complexion Mist (now discontinued, but I have a stash)
Pore Refining Mask

Body:

Coconut Foot Créme (the best stuff EVER - in the UNIVERSE!)
M & H Body Lotion
Lemon Butter Cuticle Créme

I think that's it - as I said - I'm a HUGE Burt's fan!

modified cg

Love the lip balm and honey milk lotion.
Modified CG since 9/03. 2B/3A. JESSICURL!!! Gentle Poo, Aloeba, Gelebration, Awe; or Mop Top Poo & Condish; Curlisto Mousse & Gel I. Winter: Elucence MB Clarify, Shampoo & Conditioner. ACV & honey rinses. Plop & Pixiecurl diffuse. Password: curls
I still don't have any Burt's Bee's products, but the cashier at Border's gave me this advice:
The Lip Shimmer color doesn't last
And don't use the lip balm with sunscreen. It turns your lips white.
I'm a 2something/3something. Started modified CG routine on 6/6/05
Cut more than ten inches from my BSL hair on 8-10-05 and growing it long again
But we're STILL adjusting.
The Lip Shimmer color doesn't last
And don't use the lip balm with sunscreen. It turns your lips white.
Originally Posted by FidoGwen
I can't comment about the sunscreen balm, as I haven't tried it ... But about the shimmer - it doesn't last like a lipstick would, as it is more of a tinted balm/gloss. I don't have any lipgloss that lasts color-wise all day. It's still great tinted balm to wear over lipstick or to carry in your purse to reapply a little color through the day.

Plus they taste yummy and minty!

modified cg

I just recently bought a Burt's Bees head to toe starter kit. OUt of that kit I love:

Garden Tomatoe Complexion Soap
Wild Lettuce Toner (and I hate toners!)
Lemon Poppy Seed Cleanser
Milk and Honey Body Lotion
Poison Ivy Soap (This is a God send! Dried it up in less than 24 hours!)
Parsley Blemish Stick
And the lip balm of course
MzShvy

"If we get a little crazy, blame it on the alcohol." Pat Green
The lip balm is SUPER FAB. I'll have to try their other stuff someday too.....
"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."

"I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
- Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
I won a 15 piece set off of ebay. I'm glad I didn't pay retail price for them. I ended up selling about 9 of the items that I didn't bother opening.

Originally Posted by Gloworm
How do you know you hated them if you never opened them?

Just curious.

modified cg

The only lip balm I've tried is the one with sun screen and I can verify for everyone it does leave your lips white. Not a good look on me.

But I love the coconut foot cream, the cuticle cream and the complexion face bar soap is one of only two products that works wonderfully on my oily skin.

Originally Posted by Gloworm
How do you know you hated them if you never opened them?

Just curious.

Originally Posted by Mayim
I'm glad I wasn't the only one wondering that!
MzShvy