HE Body Envy Gel

I love this gel -- it's cheap and it does the trick every time. But suddenly I can't find it anywhere. In fact, all I see is HE mousses, not gels. Has anyone else had this experience, or know that's up?
3A/medium texture/thick
dark brown layers, BSL
Currently using: Suave Coconut Condish, HE Body Envy mixed with BRHG
I can always find it at wal-mart. Does it help you with frizz?
3a thick shoulder length..Activate poo, aussie volume gel, ck and still searching for a co
I love this stuff; I can always find it at CVS.
"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us."
-Marianne Williamson
I bought this recently and am experimenting with it. How much do you guys use?
2a/M-C/ii hair. Super long.
I love this gel, too. I use it as a base and then spot finish with the GF XXL gel. That combo gives me a lot of volume.

I've had shanadair's problem as well, though: tons of HE mousses, hard to find gels. Haven't checked CVS lately, but if I find it there I'll stock up.
This is one of my HG's! Consistently good results now that I have figured out how much to use. My hair is about brastrap length and normal thickness and it takes about 2 to 3 dime sized amounts to give me good hair. I like to spray 3 squirts of Jessicurl's Gelebration spray into my hand and mix it into the HEBE. I get more curls that way.

By the way, I have seen this at Wal-green's or CVS more than at Wal-Mart. Hope that helps!
3a bsl highlted hair ; mod CG since 6/4/07
current favs: JC's HCC and GLS, B2B Pom Co (old form.), Alagio Crzy Crl Balm
Love this gel!

When I first used this, I just used a little (like about 2 half-dollar-sized blobs) let air dry, and I had mostly undefined waves with a couple of stringy ones.

However, I tried this again yesterday and got excellent results! I had to make a few modifications to the routine. First, instead of combing the hair back with condish just before rinsing out my Suave Aloe condish, I combed out the tangles, allowing my hair to go where it wanted, put in a little more condish, and rinsed lightly so that my hair was in natural sections. Then when my hair was dripping wet, I scrunched in liberal amounts of gel to each section (no raking). I used two T-shirts to scrunch out excess water and let air dry.

The results? Shiny, smooth ripples! The clumps were mostly medium, with a few small ones. For my long, one-length hair, more is more with this gel. Thank you Herbal Essences!
2a/M-C/ii hair. Super long.
Shanadair,
It took me ages to lay my hands on this gel, too. The mousse & poo/co were everywhere but never the gel. I was looking for it at Walgreens and Rite-Aid and Longs, no luck. Then I realized it was at a lot of the supermarkets, and I have seen it at Target. Weird that the drugstores carry the other stuff in the line but not the gel. Try your supermarket and good luck.
2-something? Coarse, medium underneath. Mid-back. On CG since 5/9/07.
Washing COs: VO5 Blackberry, Suave Cherry
Detangle and leave-in: Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm -- I found my HG CO!
Seal with camellia oil
Leave-in: Aura cherry almond
Gels: Homemade FSG, Eco-styler
Plus: SOTC or smooth with camellia oil, JC Nourish & Shine
Homemade food-based DTs
RC color
I love this gel too. I bought it in bulk last time I purchased it! like 3 bottles. The only problem, it's started to flake on me. I don't know what's up with that. So for me, its only good for the first day- no 2nd day hair with this.
"It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have"

3b/c curls, I think
Hair Journal
My Curly Journey

Previously Curlyblasian and Smallfry, but my account locked me out, twice!
I am loving this gel in the cooler weather. And I absolutely LOVE the smell. I do find that it's hit or miss as far as where I can find it. My Rite Aid has all the other HE products and the Body Envy poo/condish but not the gel. And my Walmart doesn't carry the BE gel either.
3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
I just went to TARGET the other day and found lots of it there as well. It only costs $2.49. I was shocked at the price was cheap, but you know they could give you more gel than what is in the tube.

-Nicki
3C s-curls, coils, and corkscrews

TIGI MM, QB AOHC, KCCC, MJ CM, MJ BBC, JC WDT, CD HM, CD MHH, DC OneC, Veg Glyc, and Jojoba oil.

I love the gel to. It clumps really well. I have to get to a Wal Mart because in my area its $5.99.
Target here always has this gel.

I really love what it does to/for my hair, but it makes my scalp itch like crazy.

2c (Fia) with some 3a in the middle layer
Originally Posted by curli
Wow, that is a lot for only about 7 ozs of gel, when this type of stuff is usually sold by the jar at 16 ozs for most manufacturers!! It burns me, but it is a good gel. I have just bought this for the first time and mixed it with some Biotera Styling Gel and got really good results with it. I had the best looking curls that I have ever had while in this in-between stage of hair growth.

Pretty much all three of them seem to be about the same....Body Envy, Set Me Up, and the Totally Twisted one.

I sure hope it does not make my scalp itch. It already does that enough.

-Nicki
3C s-curls, coils, and corkscrews

Obviously, HEBE is a popular gel, but is it ok to use if you're going CG?

Right now I'm starting a 'loo poo routine, but I'm looking for good gels that are 'cone-free.

Hopefully, someone knows if HEBE is good for my hair
Hair Type: Fine to medium below shoulder-length 3b hair
Using: Avalon Organics Volumizing Shampoo, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, Herbal Essences Body Envy Gel
Experimenting With: Live Clean Moisturizing Conditioner, Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Condish

Searching For: a drugstore replacement (i.e. cheap) for L'Oreal Vive Pro

Mod-CG since November 2008
^Good news, you can use this gel as it's easily washed out with water (no cones) and doesn't have any drying alcohols.

I've been CG for over a year and I love this gel. Too bad it's not available in Europe. HE only distributes some shampoos and conditioners here, no styling products.

I have to buy it on ebay or if I'm lucky I find some on the swap board here.
3B/3C
medium/coarse and porous

wash: KC Come Clean, Flower Peddler Northern Lights soap bar
conditioner: YTT, YTC, KCKT, Shescentit GT&H, Shescentit Avocado, DB Pumpkin Seed, Garnier Ultra Doux, Mop Top daily conditioner
styler: KCCC, HEBE, homemade fsg, DM MCCG, AOMM
dt: banana and avocado mask, nexxus emergencee, Shescentit TT&GH, ayurvedic powders, SS RPT
butters: Jane Carter N&S, Afroveda Curly Custard, Afroveda Cocolatte, Shescentit Gillian, Shescentit Seyani
I love HEBE too! A nice cheap CG gel.

Too bad it isn't available in Europe. It's so cheap and works so well.
Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
Has anyone seen this lately? I'm worried about whether it's discontinued or not. They didn't have it at walgreens so I called around a lot of places and they said they didn't have it either. I called a lot of places.

I was really liking this gel in the winter and then *poof* it disappears.

3a/b low to normal porosity curls
CG method since 2006 @:-)
fotki pw: whim updated 06.05.14
CO wash: suave naturals coconut
rinse out CO: GVP conditioning balm & honey <3
stylers: As I Am leave in, original moxie hold up serum
@waterlily716 on YouTube, FB, & Twitter
Blog: Curls and Blossoms

Last edited by whimaway; 02-07-2009 at 04:03 PM. Reason: typo
A couple of months ago, my grocery store had a really good sale on this... I think it was half price... and so I bought a few tubes and I remember saying to myself:
I bet this stuff is being discontinued.
Sure enough, I was in Target the other day and I looked to see what they had and notice this was not available.
I wonder if it's discontinued... I'm going to go to their website and see what I can find. I may even email them.

3a/3b

Giovanni Direct Leave In
JoicoWhip
Newest Fav: Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Creme
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's still on their website.. not that that means anything.
I emailed them and I'll report back.

3a/3b