-   -   Jessicurl RR or Recoil (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/3019-jessicurl-rr-recoil.html)

lcaste1 06-24-2005 09:29 PM

Jessicurl RR or Recoil

Which one is more curl enhancing? I've been using RR and really like it, but I go through it so quickly that I was wondering if I should switch to another product. Is Recoil sold in stores?

miacurl 06-25-2005 07:01 AM

Re:coil left me feeling producty. And tangly. Much prefer RR

Amneris 06-25-2005 09:06 AM

Re: Jessicurl RR or Recoil

Originally Posted by lcaste1

It depends where you live. A:G is a Canadian company so we can get their stuff in every salon - I was really surprised to hear that these products are so highly regarded because to us they're just - there. They also have a website where you can order online, and CurlMart carries some of their products.
I use Re:Coil when I want extra puffy hair with my tightest corkscrews possible. I can't use it often because with repeated use, it feels drying. I find it does sometimes feel sticky at first when I use a lot, but my hair eventually absorbs it and it's OK.
RR was a disaster in my hair so I would recommend Re:Coil, but if you already like RR you might find Re:coil very different as it is much heavier and thicker and doesn't spread like RR - it is just a very different product (it also doesn't have much of a scent, if that matters.)

love yourself first 06-25-2005 01:01 PM

I didn't vote yet because I haven't used Re: coil, even though it is sitting in my stash going "use me, use me".......... 8)

Amneris-

THANKS for your review! Since I do really like RR, I will test out the Re:coil and see what I think :D

lcaste1 06-27-2005 08:19 PM

I'm posting on my own post. I found a store that sells Re:coil and tried it tonight. It really did enhance my curls! Not quite sure if I like it better than RR yet, but I put some CCSS over it and it looks very shiny. I may try putting mousse over it tomorrow. I put some Re:coil into dry hair also to add a little more OOmph. Its worth a try and I like that I don't need to order it online.

Spiralli 06-27-2005 08:33 PM

I liked re:coil a lot, except it was hard to distribute in my hair -- some people add a little water to help with that, but I didn't. I also didn't use much, so I didn't get the producty feel to my hair. When I switched to RR, I liked it a lot, because it was so easy to apply. I could be wrong on this, but I think both products have magnesium sulfate in them, to enchance curls.

SuZen 06-28-2005 07:22 AM

I voted for RR, but I find I use Gelebration more than RR. I spray it on the underneath layer of my hair that normally tends to be straighter. It definitely improves the curl. The spray just makes it easier to get where I need it. I still use my normal styling product in addition.

lcaste1 06-29-2005 05:57 AM

Used Re:Coil again and not loving it so much. I put mousse over it so that may be the problem, but on Monday I put CCSS over it and by the end of the day on Tuesday, my hair was a puffy mess. NOw I am thinking of just ordering RR again. What to do what to do?

ashleyerin 06-29-2005 10:03 AM

I am in love with Re:coil! I do put a little gel over the top (right now I am just using a sample of CHS gel, but I get great results. I also leave a little elucence or chs silk leave-in in my hair before applying the re:coil, and it really makes a difference. I hope this helps! For me, RR was way too drying. Good luck!

Pendesd 06-30-2005 07:17 AM

RR wasn't strong enough for me.

Only this week, I'm discovering how much I love re:coil. I've been using it a while, but kind of taking it for granted. I've been playing around with conditioners, and when I started playing around with styling stuff, OH BOY, did I miss my re:coil. I've been getting close to the last 25% of my big pump and debating giving it a rest to look for cheaper alternatives. But now? I can't give it up!

lcaste1 06-30-2005 09:53 PM

So today I decided to try Re:coil for the third time before writing it off. I used it under Angell and WOW! I had corkscrews! I guess it was the mousse that I used before that was causing the bad result. My hair didn't even feel dry. :D

lcaste1 07-01-2005 11:11 AM

Just wanted to add that I got second day hair out of the Re:coil Angell combo. I didn't sleep in a pineapple but I woke up with nice 2nd day hair. A little frizz but I used avocado and jojoba to smooth it down.