View Poll Results: Which is the most curl enhancing?
Jessicurl RR 7 46.67%
AG: Recoil 8 53.33%
Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam 0 0%
Devacurl Angell 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Jessicurl RR or Recoil

Which one is more curl enhancing? I've been using RR and really like it, but I go through it so quickly that I was wondering if I should switch to another product. Is Recoil sold in stores?
Starting my curly resolution! 3a/3b with some waves thrown in. Haven't been CG in a while. Need product suggestions.
Re:coil left me feeling producty. And tangly. Much prefer RR
2C/3A auburn hair.
between shoulders and BSL
Originally Posted by lcaste1

It depends where you live. A:G is a Canadian company so we can get their stuff in every salon - I was really surprised to hear that these products are so highly regarded because to us they're just - there. They also have a website where you can order online, and CurlMart carries some of their products.
I use Re:Coil when I want extra puffy hair with my tightest corkscrews possible. I can't use it often because with repeated use, it feels drying. I find it does sometimes feel sticky at first when I use a lot, but my hair eventually absorbs it and it's OK.
RR was a disaster in my hair so I would recommend Re:Coil, but if you already like RR you might find Re:coil very different as it is much heavier and thicker and doesn't spread like RR - it is just a very different product (it also doesn't have much of a scent, if that matters.)
Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

I didn't vote yet because I haven't used Re: coil, even though it is sitting in my stash going "use me, use me"..........

Amneris-

THANKS for your review! Since I do really like RR, I will test out the Re:coil and see what I think
"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."

"I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
- Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
I'm posting on my own post. I found a store that sells Re:coil and tried it tonight. It really did enhance my curls! Not quite sure if I like it better than RR yet, but I put some CCSS over it and it looks very shiny. I may try putting mousse over it tomorrow. I put some Re:coil into dry hair also to add a little more OOmph. Its worth a try and I like that I don't need to order it online.
I liked re:coil a lot, except it was hard to distribute in my hair -- some people add a little water to help with that, but I didn't. I also didn't use much, so I didn't get the producty feel to my hair. When I switched to RR, I liked it a lot, because it was so easy to apply. I could be wrong on this, but I think both products have magnesium sulfate in them, to enchance curls.
Location: Texas
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, Acure Argan Stem Cell+Argan Oil, Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Repair
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
I voted for RR, but I find I use Gelebration more than RR. I spray it on the underneath layer of my hair that normally tends to be straighter. It definitely improves the curl. The spray just makes it easier to get where I need it. I still use my normal styling product in addition.
Used Re:Coil again and not loving it so much. I put mousse over it so that may be the problem, but on Monday I put CCSS over it and by the end of the day on Tuesday, my hair was a puffy mess. NOw I am thinking of just ordering RR again. What to do what to do?
I am in love with Re:coil! I do put a little gel over the top (right now I am just using a sample of CHS gel, but I get great results. I also leave a little elucence or chs silk leave-in in my hair before applying the re:coil, and it really makes a difference. I hope this helps! For me, RR was way too drying. Good luck!
3a-3b (mostly 3b)
Trying a shorter style at the moment, but starting to get the itch to grow it back out.

TR Survivor My TR is all grown out!
Fotki PW: curly
RR wasn't strong enough for me.

Only this week, I'm discovering how much I love re:coil. I've been using it a while, but kind of taking it for granted. I've been playing around with conditioners, and when I started playing around with styling stuff, OH BOY, did I miss my re:coil. I've been getting close to the last 25% of my big pump and debating giving it a rest to look for cheaper alternatives. But now? I can't give it up!
3c, mostly spirals. Finally figuring out how to live happily with these curls. And now they're starting to love me back!
So today I decided to try Re:coil for the third time before writing it off. I used it under Angell and WOW! I had corkscrews! I guess it was the mousse that I used before that was causing the bad result. My hair didn't even feel dry.
Just wanted to add that I got second day hair out of the Re:coil Angell combo. I didn't sleep in a pineapple but I woke up with nice 2nd day hair. A little frizz but I used avocado and jojoba to smooth it down.