View Poll Results: Which is the most curl enhancing?
Jessicurl RR 7 46.67%
AG: Recoil 8 53.33%
Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam 0 0%
Devacurl Angell 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2005, 08:29 PM   #1

Default Jessicurl RR or Recoil

Which one is more curl enhancing? I've been using RR and really like it, but I go through it so quickly that I was wondering if I should switch to another product. Is Recoil sold in stores?
Starting my curly resolution! 3a/3b with some waves thrown in. Haven't been CG in a while. Need product suggestions.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:01 AM   #2

Amneris's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2004
Default Re: Jessicurl RR or Recoil

Originally Posted by lcaste1

It depends where you live. A:G is a Canadian company so we can get their stuff in every salon - I was really surprised to hear that these products are so highly regarded because to us they're just - there. They also have a website where you can order online, and CurlMart carries some of their products.
I use Re:Coil when I want extra puffy hair with my tightest corkscrews possible. I can't use it often because with repeated use, it feels drying. I find it does sometimes feel sticky at first when I use a lot, but my hair eventually absorbs it and it's OK.
RR was a disaster in my hair so I would recommend Re:Coil, but if you already like RR you might find Re:coil very different as it is much heavier and thicker and doesn't spread like RR - it is just a very different product (it also doesn't have much of a scent, if that matters.)
Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

Amneris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 12:01 PM   #4

love yourself first's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2003

I didn't vote yet because I haven't used Re: coil, even though it is sitting in my stash going "use me, use me"..........

Amneris-

THANKS for your review! Since I do really like RR, I will test out the Re:coil and see what I think
"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."

"I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
- Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
love yourself first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 07:19 PM   #5

Join Date: Apr 2005

I'm posting on my own post. I found a store that sells Re:coil and tried it tonight. It really did enhance my curls! Not quite sure if I like it better than RR yet, but I put some CCSS over it and it looks very shiny. I may try putting mousse over it tomorrow. I put some Re:coil into dry hair also to add a little more OOmph. Its worth a try and I like that I don't need to order it online.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:33 PM   #6

Spiralli's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2004

I liked re:coil a lot, except it was hard to distribute in my hair -- some people add a little water to help with that, but I didn't. I also didn't use much, so I didn't get the producty feel to my hair. When I switched to RR, I liked it a lot, because it was so easy to apply. I could be wrong on this, but I think both products have magnesium sulfate in them, to enchance curls.
Location: Texas
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length. Modified CG since 5/2004; growing gray since 5/2007.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, rotating others
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, coconut oil overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Terax Crema, Moroccan Oil Restorative Mask, Je Veux Revitalizing Mud Mask, Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix
Spiralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 06:22 AM   #7

SuZen's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2003

I voted for RR, but I find I use Gelebration more than RR. I spray it on the underneath layer of my hair that normally tends to be straighter. It definitely improves the curl. The spray just makes it easier to get where I need it. I still use my normal styling product in addition.
SuZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 04:57 AM   #8

Join Date: Apr 2005

Used Re:Coil again and not loving it so much. I put mousse over it so that may be the problem, but on Monday I put CCSS over it and by the end of the day on Tuesday, my hair was a puffy mess. NOw I am thinking of just ordering RR again. What to do what to do?
Old 06-29-2005, 09:03 AM   #9

Join Date: Jan 2005
Send a message via AIM to ashleyerin

I am in love with Re:coil! I do put a little gel over the top (right now I am just using a sample of CHS gel, but I get great results. I also leave a little elucence or chs silk leave-in in my hair before applying the re:coil, and it really makes a difference. I hope this helps! For me, RR was way too drying. Good luck!
3a-3b (mostly 3b)
Trying a shorter style at the moment, but starting to get the itch to grow it back out.

TR Survivor My TR is all grown out!
Fotki PW: curly
ashleyerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 06:17 AM   #10

Join Date: Aug 2004

RR wasn't strong enough for me.

Only this week, I'm discovering how much I love re:coil. I've been using it a while, but kind of taking it for granted. I've been playing around with conditioners, and when I started playing around with styling stuff, OH BOY, did I miss my re:coil. I've been getting close to the last 25% of my big pump and debating giving it a rest to look for cheaper alternatives. But now? I can't give it up!
3c, mostly spirals. Finally figuring out how to live happily with these curls. And now they're starting to love me back!
Pendesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 08:53 PM   #11

Join Date: Apr 2005

So today I decided to try Re:coil for the third time before writing it off. I used it under Angell and WOW! I had corkscrews! I guess it was the mousse that I used before that was causing the bad result. My hair didn't even feel dry.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:11 AM   #12

Join Date: Apr 2005

Just wanted to add that I got second day hair out of the Re:coil Angell combo. I didn't sleep in a pineapple but I woke up with nice 2nd day hair. A little frizz but I used avocado and jojoba to smooth it down.