Old 10-17-2007, 10:35 AM   #1

Default Aquage Sea Salt Testurizing Spray

I know a few of the curlies were looking for a sea salt spray. I found this in a salon last week. I had never heard of the company before but bought it anyways. It was 14.95 for 8 oz. I put it over CK/Greg Juice and Biotera curl cream. So far so good but it's still air drying after a short diffusing session.

Old 10-17-2007, 06:52 PM   #2

Default Re: Aquage Sea Salt Testurizing Spray

Originally Posted by xcptnl
Hey xcptnl -- let us know how this works out after you're dry and have one through your day. I'm intrigued by the sea salt ingredient as I've read in other threads how curl enhancing it can be...

Thanks!!
3A (I think)

Loving my curls after all these years -- but still trying to figure out what works for me...
Old 10-18-2007, 06:59 AM   #3

bostonwaves's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2006

I ♥ sea salt in my hair. Please let us know how you like it.
"What's the good of having naturally curly hair if nobody's jealous?" Freida - Peanuts

~CG 8/06 ~
fine, wavy - 2b/3a
KCNT and KKCC
bostonwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:03 PM   #4

CurlyinColorado's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007

I tried this and noticed no enhanced curls, thankfully it didn't feel like gunky, just my two cents.
2b/3a.
CurlyinColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:16 AM   #5

Join Date: Oct 2005

I have been using it in conjunction with round trip. So today I am not going to use the round trip and I will update. I have been getting fantastic hair but not sure if it's both products or one or them.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:24 PM   #6

Originally Posted by xcptnl
Great!! I just started experimenting with Round Trip myself so will be very curious to see how everything turns out...

Old 10-21-2007, 03:22 PM   #7

Join Date: Oct 2005

Today I used greg juice in place of the sea salt spray and I had much more frizziness so it does appear to help me. I am going to try same procducts tomorrow but put in the sea salt spray. I didnt use round trip today either so we will see what tomorrow brings with salt spray in lieu of greg juice and still no round trip.

Old 10-22-2007, 04:39 AM   #8

Aaahhhhhhhhh, the experimentation...

Old 10-23-2007, 04:47 AM   #9

Join Date: Oct 2005

Ok...so yesterday low poo-condition. Then CK followed by re:coil then my combo of angell/la looks curl gel. Scrunched with a tshirt then sprayed in some of the sea salt spray. Very nice curls much less frizz. I think it's a keeper. I am wanting to try it on dry hair even though the directions dont indicate you should. I might just try it before my shower this a.m. - if it's horrible i can wash it away!!

Old 02-12-2009, 07:13 AM   #10

aislin's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008

Xcptnl- how is this working for you still if you are using it? What were your ending results?

I'm interested in this product and want to know if there's anyone out there that still use this, how you use it, and what your results are? I know recently in Sunshine's blog she mentioned using this product. If I am thinking right, it sounds like a good wave booster without the weight on the hair, but what are your opinions?
Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

aislin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:16 AM   #11

WurlyLox's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008

I would think that it would work sort of like products with magnesium sulfate and that it wouldn't work long-term for some people. That's been my experience with a couple of other things that contained sea salt, although I haven't used this specifically.
2C/3A/3B - mod. CG, med. to fine, normal to low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated, GTTT or Aim2Health 'poos as scalp needs, YTCarrots or Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein Trtmt & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite, KCCC, AO Mandarin Magic, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing then clips or clamps & air dry. Blend gray w/henna glosses

www.fotki.com/auntnett
WurlyLox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:58 AM   #12

aislin's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008

Long term I guess people might run into issues with dryness. It seems like something that might do well in a rotation. I've had issues with mag sulfate before (JC products) but it was because the mag was mixed with a variety of very heavy type moisturizers, and I need a leave in so that was like overload for me. I tried this product yesterday with lustrasilk olive oil as a leave in and nothing else and I am pretty surprised at how well it did. I did have some major halo frizz, and while I'm thinking it was the lustrasilk (haven't had good luck with the shea-mango either), I'm going to try it again today to make sure.
Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

aislin is offline   Reply With Quote