Anyone tried Hickox Phat Hair?

My PJ is really screaming lately for new things. Must be the change in seasons I'd like to find something which would give my some volume and extra curl with a light feel. This product looked interesting but reviews were limited.

TIA!
Cond: CJ Strengthing, Marie Dean, CJ Curl Rehab
Leave -In: Marie Dean Red Clover, Coconut Lime Detangler and just about the entire line, CJ Rehab

Always use the "Icequeen" method for products
I tried it today but need to use it another 1-2 times before I post a review of it. I did have a good hair day and so far it seems to be a good product.

I have used the pink stuff (I think that may be what it's actually called!) and got good curl formation but my hair felt icky. I think I may have used too much. Again, not enough use yet to write a review.
Thanks for posting. Will keep watching for your review.

Always use the "Icequeen" method for products
I started using phat hair about 4 months ago when a girlfriend recommended it and I absolutely love it! She gets her hair cut at their salon and told me about this video they have on youtube:

I watched the video but it was hard to tell what her hair realy looked like when it was done. Maybe my computer??
Anyway, does the product give you extra volume, some curl enhancement, soft hair, hold and NO producty feeling? Guess I want it all I've just been through too many cans of mousse which left my hair crunchy and dry feeling.

Always use the "Icequeen" method for products
So far I've used it twice and my hair is fuzzy looking, less curl formation,and definitely feels product-y. I have short (hair comes about to my earlobes when dry) 3a hair so my hair might just be too curly for it. I'm still experimenting though - I have to say that the second day hair looked GREAT so I'm not sure what's up with it. I may have used too much today (I firmly believe there is such a thing as too much with any product).
Originally Posted by MassCurls
I'll stay tuned... The product-y feel doesn't sound so good.

Always use the "Icequeen" method for products
I typically have a hard time getting volume (I'm a 2b) but I get tons of volume with this stuff. Also, I get much better curls and I love it! There is a little bit of a producty feel, but after I scrunch, it feels pretty good, and I am fairly picky about how my hair feels.

from what I can tell, the pink stuff may be better on 2c, 3b, or 3c so you might try that. Gretchen reviewed it: http://www.naturallycurly.com/tools2/index.php?id=2794

btw, there is nothing wrong with wanting it all!
I gave up experimenting with the Phat Hair. I was having too much frizz and little curl formation. Sure, there was volume (I generally don't have too much problem with volume though) but there was no definition - it ended up looking like fluff by the end of the day. I may play with it more as the weather continues to change (maybe it'll be better in the spring?).

I'll be experimenting more with the pink stuff and will report back.

btw, there is nothing wrong with wanting it all!
Originally Posted by billyjeanisnotmylover

Oooh, mineral oil, AND petrolatum. Bummer. The review looks so promising, but that would build up so quickly on me.
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
why not give it a try anyway? if you are using the right condish, build up shouldn't be a problem
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
Originally Posted by billyjeanisnotmylover
If i'm not mistaken i think conditioner is not enough to get rid of mineral oil and petrolatum..that's why i haven't tried it.

*Blue Curls Don't Care!*

iHerb $5 off Code: HIV320
KY is for inferior b*tches. -Keeny*

My YouTube Channel ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/CurleeDrugz