Ojon Restorative hair treatment

My PJ is dieing to get the Ojon hair treatment since i have heard/read about it on here .I was skimming for it on ebay and wanted to know by u curlies if its a great product for the price ? Does it last a while ? and how has it reformed your hair after u have used it for a while ? I think one curlie on here has said it has helped her hair in no split ends whatsoever since she has used it. Thats what im hoping for also plus healthy hair/c urls too. So lemme know your routinies on this stuff please!
Use Suaves & VO5 Condish For CG-Honey+ Condish=My curls are loving it!
*Suave gels ( love crunchy gels )*My HGs-Re:coil, Jessicurls , Boots , Loreal Spiral Curl Mousse, Tigi Amp*

Originally Posted by tinicurlyd
Edit: I see on ebay that theres 5oz jar , what price be reasonable for the 5 oz jar to buy on ebay ?

*~Show Your True Beauty Cuz Curls Rock!~*
Oops! edited it with a reply.

*~Show Your True Beauty Cuz Curls Rock!~*
The 5-oz jar usually goes for $48 - $55.00 so anything less than that is good. If you can get something smaller, because 5 oz will last you a long time and you may not like it. People either love the smell right away, it grows on them and they love it, or they hate it.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
I myself was not as impressed as other curlies. I think it's a good product but I don't think it's worth $55. When I used it I always had to follow with shampoo, sometimes twice. I prefer to avoid shampoo whenever possible. I got enough complaints about the smell (very tobacco-y) that I never attempted to not shampoo it out. Other curlies may have some experience with trying to co-wash it out.

Pretty much any DC with a lot of oils will improve the health of my hair longterm-- even to the point of hardly being able to find a split end on my head. I eventually decided to stick with my Jessicurl DT since I didn't have to shampoo it out, it didn't smell like I'd just come home from a bar and I got the same results (I thought.) And I'm only spending $12 or so vs $55. I'm not sure how long the Ojon lasts most curlies so I'm not sure what the true value comparison would be in this case-- but I still think the Jessicurl is probably cheaper.

Oh yeah, I think Sephora carries this in a smaller jar. They have a 1.35 oz for $21 if you don't want to jump in on the whole 5 oz for $55. Or, usually you can get a sample from them. (This is probably old news around here but, oh well.)
Mid-back length 3a, red.
Currently using: Joico, Redken, LA Looks Curl Look gel, BRHG.
Thanks for the replys! I saw on ebay that they do have the a smaller jar , i think a 3oz size. Still deciding on it tho. I do have the facial cream that comes in a huge jar from Ojon , it smells like chocolate , so i was hoping that the hair treatment smelled the same. If it smells like cigarettes of some sort i dunno if i can deal with it.
Besides gettin it at Sephora can u get it at Ulta ?

*~Show Your True Beauty Cuz Curls Rock!~*
Besides gettin it at Sephora can u get it at Ulta ?
Originally Posted by tinicurlyd
I HATE the smell of cigarettes (a true pulmonologist's daughter), but I love the smell of Ojon. It smells very earthy to me, and personally reminds me of my housekeeper I grew up with.

Code:
*cue cliche-induced vomiting*
Location: North NJ or NYC
If you've seen my obnoxious raves about the product, you'll see that I think it is completely worth. Others have had less successful results, but its been a miracle worker on my head.

You only use a TINY TINY amount, so it does last quite a while. I do have to shampoo it out, but I've been getting it out with a non-sulfate shampoo when I rinse really well prior.

Definetly get the smallest you can for now, just to see if you like it. Keep in mind, it may take a few tries to get it to work right for you. If possible, if you are near a sephora you can ask them for a sample.
In DESPERATE need of a haircut.
Another addict here. I love the smell.
I bought my last jar in January (3.3 oz. jar for $30) and it's still about half full, so I think it's a great bargain. My hair loves it, especially in winter.
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**

Another fan of the smell here - my husband's ex-wife cuts his hair, and has a beautician's license, so she can get products. Anyway, the one time she gave him a scalp massage and conditioning treatment with it, and it was fab!
today, when I had my hair cut, my cutter used a couple of Ojon products on me, and they are fabulous - my hair feels so great right now!
Anyone know where to get good deals on Ojon???
health-conscious, visionary artist in transition
I like a lot of the Ojon products. The restorative hair treatment is my leave-in with the hydrating styling cream over it. I don't want to jinx it...but this combination may be the holy grail that I've been waiting for! My curls are consistently full and bouncy, not frizzy.

I use a tiny amount of the restorative treatment (about the size of a cooked grain of rice) on my towel-dried hair, from the mid-length on down, and I really concentrate on the ends.

I shampoo every day with sulfate free shampoo, so I haven't noticed any build up.

And I love the scent!
I know ebay sells the Ojon hair treatment for good prices. I might be going to Sephora today cuz a curlie said theres some there. Hoping i find it and can finally see how great it is. I think ill go with the 3.3 jar since it will last a while. ( Ebay does sell the lil treatment packets , like 3-4 treatments for about $7 i think. i might go that route if i dont find it today )

*~Show Your True Beauty Cuz Curls Rock!~*
I just got an email from Ojon. Their products will be featured on QVC on Monday, November 12th at 3 am/9am/3 pm EST. Four piece Introductory sets will be available for $29. These have the restorative hair treatment in the 1.35 oz. size. Sephora's 5 piece kits are $50 and have the same size of the hair treatment.

I don't know if QVC will have better prices on the rest of the product line, but I'll definitely check their website on Monday.
I got a sample of the conditioner from Sephora. I used the teeniest, tiniest amount and it soften my hair like silk. I have never seen my hair this shiny and the color looked wonderful. Seriously, and with no product.

The smell surprised me. I've heard the coffee and cigarettes comparison. I can see that. It also reminds me of some older ladies perfume or something. Odd, but it could totally grow on me.

I'm am SO coveting this now that I've used a sample. I'm going to save up some money b/c this is going to be my next purchase.