Leave-ins????

what's a leave in? Do you refer to leaving the co in your hair after the shower or is it like a moisturizing cream?
and what do you recommend as something to try for the first time (3b hair)? I would like something not really expensive.
thaaaaaaaanks
A Mediterranean 3b lady
In love with my curls, love love love
CG since Nov/07

Co-Wash: VO5, Tresemme naturals, Fructis naturals
Cond: Nature's Gate conditioners
Stylers: Lotions made at home with coconut oil, honey, AVG, vegetable glycerin, OO, and EO.
Gel: LA Looks sports gel for high humidity days.

Hair goal: Waist length healthy curls
Leave in can be your regular conditioner left it, or a conditioner specially made to be left in your hair. I like to do both. You could try leaving your regular conditioner in and if you don't like it you can use an actual leave in. Cheap ones that I like (you'll find a lot of other curlies like them as well) are Generic Brand Paul Mitchell The Conditioner, Garnier Fructis Curl and Shine Conditioning Creme and Giovanni Direct Leave-In. All three are under 10 dollars.
pw - wavygurl

My rec: Shea Moisture Shea Butter leave in conditioner, you can find it on sistasplace.com and try a sample for $4. I love this stuff. It is my winter HG product.
2b/3a.
CurlyinColorado, do you think the SheaM stuff would be too heavy for a 2a/b with fine hair like me? I know I'd have to use a very small amount, but this stuff sounds wonderful!
I'm a very fine haired wavy / curly (except fo the coarse grays coming in!) and it doesn't weigh my hair down at all. I use a a pea size amount under my styler du jour.

Other leave-ins have left me poofy or weighed down, I was skeptical about this stuff, but glad I tried it.

Every year when the seasons change from Summer to Fall, my hair drove me nuts! Last year, I whacked 6 inches mid-Nov. because I couldn't stand it any longer. Here it is mid-Nov again and since I've got my SheaM, I'm happy, every day, consistent results, happy.
2b/3a.
Thanks! I'll have to order some! Sounds like what I've been looking for!

And may I say "booooooo" to grays, LOL! I've got some too and they are a pain in my whosiwhatsit!
You should see me at the stoplight in a intersection, if the sun roof is open, I can spot the grays fast, so there I am, plucking and pulling and the light's turned green!