Old 11-20-2007, 12:18 PM   #1

Join Date: Aug 2007
Default Karen's Body Beautiful- new coupon!

fyi i stopped in the store yesterday and nyamekye told me the gift sets will be on the site next week.

maybe ya'll already know, but they give 20% off all hair products if you use coupon code "hairlove," so spread the word! the order minimum to get that discount is $40. i'm almost outta my products, i need to save some money for the holidays.
thebluesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:27 PM   #2

helloitsio's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Default Re: Karen's Body Beautiful- new coupon!

Originally Posted by thebluesock

Oh I wish I knew about this before I splurged and bought the butter, cream, and milk!
2 b/c :: slight protein sensitivity :: med/coarse texture :: normal porosity

Location: SoCal
helloitsio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:10 AM   #3

Join Date: May 2008

So glad I did a search for a Karen's coupon code before purchasing!
Old 08-05-2008, 10:10 AM   #4

Join Date: Jan 2008

Thanks for "bumping" it--does it still work? I don't think I saw this when I did a KBB search last week.

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams
Old 08-05-2008, 05:49 PM   #5

Join Date: May 2008

It still works! I used it today.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:46 PM   #6

orangeserendipity32's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006

Thank you thank you for letting us know this!!! I have been exercising all the willpower I can muster to not place an order until I use up some of my other stuff-lucky me. I guess this means I have no more excuses not to let the pj monster take over now, huh?
3a/2b

Winter Routine
Co-wash: Hair One Argan Oil or Burt's Bees GreenTea and Fennel
Low-Po: Devacurl LP or SheaMoisture Black Soap(1-2x/wk)
Condish: SheaMoisture Deep Repair Mask

pw=ringlet
orangeserendipity32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 08:15 PM   #7

Originally Posted by va_candi View Post
So glad I did a search for a Karen's coupon code before purchasing!
ditto
4a hair. MOD CG routine.

Present Loves
-Back on the (rajasthani) henna train! My hair is so much better now.
-KBB hair butter mixed with Hairveda Cocasta oil
-Spiral Solutions Deeply Decadent
Kynnib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:17 PM   #8

afrosheenqueen's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2000

It still works. Thanks!
4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
afrosheenqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:41 PM   #9

aislin's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008

Anyone use this recently? I gave it to my mom for when she orders birthday stuff, I figured it was worth a shot even if the promo is over. For those who might know, does this happen to be an all the time deal? TIA.
Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

aislin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:27 AM   #10

Join Date: May 2008

I'm pretty sure it's for all the time. The original post is almost a year old. I used the code last month, and someone else used it last week.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:45 AM   #11

Join Date: Jan 2008

Coupon works, but free shipping for over $75 didn't this morning. Anyone know about this or whether the amount changed?

Old 09-23-2008, 10:54 AM   #12

WurlyLox's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008

I just placed my first order and used the "hairlove" coupon. It worked but it wasn't 20% - 11.2%, which was still $6.40 off my $57 order - all hair products.

Actually, now that I think about that $6.40, that would be 20% off the regular $16 size hair milk and nectar that I ordered, but not off the $25 sample kit. Can't tell you why, though.
2C/3A/3B - mod. CG, med. to fine, normal to low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated, GTTT or Aim2Health 'poos as scalp needs, YTCarrots or Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein Trtmt & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite, KCCC, AO Mandarin Magic, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing then clips or clamps & air dry. Blend gray w/henna glosses

www.fotki.com/auntnett
WurlyLox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:31 AM   #13

Join Date: Jan 2008

The sample kit has never been eligible for the "hairlove discount." I went on website again, raised my order to over $100 and the only shipping options I had were "store pick up" or international Priority Mail. I live in PA, LOL??? While looking for contact information, the faqs said that free shipping is available for purchases over $75. I emailed customer service about the problem, around 10am--but haven't heard anything. That's unusual, they usually get back pretty quickly. I've run out of some scents and I'd like to replace them

Old 09-23-2008, 03:46 PM   #14

empressri's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007

kathymack, karen opens the shop at about 12, but they've been busy building the spa and whatnot. why don't you give a call? plus, sometimes it's better to create an account and sign in to get more accurate shipping costs.
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[/B]
empressri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:49 PM   #15

empressri's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007

psssht! kathy sorry to blow you up but that was just me who called karen and she said she was talking to you !!!!!
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[/B]
empressri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:08 PM   #16

Originally Posted by empressri View Post
I do have an account. I always order over $75 worth,so I can get free shipping. This is my third order since the first week of August, if it tells you how I fell about this stuff. I'd never had a problem before with the shipping. Grace did get back to me--twice and I called her. When I had an issue before, I told her about this board (through email.) I even mentioned you! Told her you were one of the KBB supporters--and you called! It was a good thing I let them know about the shipping issue on the website. There's a call in to get it fixed. By calling her, she knows and just had me put "in store pick up." She'll send my all my goodies and if I know them, I'll have it by Thursday.

Their customer service is the best. Grace is so nice and a pleasure to deal with--anyone who orders should let her know you're from nc.com.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:19 PM   #17

aislin's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008

Awesome! Thanks guys, good to know. I asked for the hair milk, nectar, mask and oil in honey oatmeal, vanilla latte and egyptian musk- for either my birthday in November or Christmas .
Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

aislin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:37 PM   #18

rudeechick's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Default Finally made it to KBB

Dragged my sister to Brooklyn today, did an important errand then went to KBB.

The store is cute and Karen was very nice. I picked up the hair nectar and milk in creamy coco mango (love the scent!). I felt the butter and cream were too heavy for me and she agreed.

I am loving the smell and wishing I got a few body products (next time...). Meanwhile I am anxious to try the 2 products I got.
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
rudeechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:55 PM   #19

Suburbanbushbabe's Avatar

Join Date: May 2006

Okay, I caved. Bought full sizes of the Hair Milk (Cham/Sage), Hair Nectar (unscented) and shower gel (Pom/Guava) and got to use the coupon. I got $6. and change off a $46. order. So not 20% more like 15%

I used a Hair milk sample before and didn't really like it. But I didn't like KCCC or Curls Milkshake either and those became product stapes. KCCC remains one. So we shall see.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.

Last edited by Suburbanbushbabe; 10-11-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Suburbanbushbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #20

OperaCurls's Avatar

Originally Posted by Suburbanbushbabe View Post

I think the coupon only applies to 20% off of hair products, so the shower gel didn't get discounted.
http://public.fotki.com/opera-curls/ (I cut my own hair)
Pacific Northwest girl, color-treated fine 3B, med-low porosity

Products: Suave Coconut condish, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, FSG or KCCC, AfroVeda Shea-Amla Cream
I LOVE HENNA!