Old 11-21-2007, 08:23 AM   #1

Join Date: Apr 2007
Default prairieland shampoo bars

I read a review of these on another site, and people were raving about them. Supposedly, they work for people who haven't been able to use other shampoo bars. I was wondering if anyone has tried these, or other shampoo bars and has had any luck. I used the Chagrin Valley shampoo bars once, and they built up on my hair. Also, I was wondering if you use a shampoo bar (which is usually soap based), can you still use conditioners and styling products with cones? Thanks.
dreamcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:39 PM   #2

DEL2C's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008

I'm wondering what makes these different from the CV ones? The ingredients are very similar...although the CV ones contain avocado oils too and these don't?http://www.prairielandherbs.com/hairingredients.htm
Discovered CG 2007

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

DEL2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:14 PM   #3

kathymack's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008

A lot of people, including myself, don't use the bars with castor oil in them. When I was searching for natural bars, I didn't order them because they all had the castor oil. Some people also have problems with shea butter and avocado oil because they don't saponify (turn to soap) and retain a lot of their original properties. My hair likes the shea butter, the jury is still out about the avocado oil.

Natural bars won't remove cones.

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me

Last edited by kathymack; 12-01-2008 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Add more information