Amazing Luck with MOP-C Curl Defining Cream

I received a tube of the Modern Organics C-Curl Defining Cream from NCC awhile back. I can't believe the results I have had with it. I had amazing curls that lasted all day ... even ended up with 2nd day hair - something I hardly ever achieve. It is a little pricey to be used everyday, but for a PJ looking to add something else to their collection, I would recommend it.
Here is the routine that I used:
I always apply my styling products the say way ... In the shower, immediately after turning off the water, with hair dripping wet ... head tipped over, apply and comb through ... then head tipped up, apply and comb through ... This is the only way I have found to evenly apply my products, otherwise I end up with frizz.
- co-wash with One C
- OneC as leave-in
- small amount of CK (combed through)
- Mop C curl defining cream applied as described above.
- scrunched with MF towel
- zig zag parted my hair
- scrunched in Mop Top gel on sides and back (careful to avoid roots) ...
-diffused using pixiecurl method, clipped and let air dry ...
- used JCS N&S to scrunch out the crunch .. and voila great curls.
I used Mop-C again and WOW .. .I still love this stuff.

I changed my routine somewhat from what I first did, but it worked really well and I have awesome 2nd day hair.
  • Curls Milkshake as leave-in
  • Mop-C: finger combed through with my head tipped over and then again with my head up
  • plopped using Curlease towel
  • Scrunched in MGA Sculpting Gel
  • clipped and diffused.
The last time I used Mop-C I went to my hairstylist the next day. She couldn't believe how awesome my hair looked. She asked me to send her the names of the products I've used in the hopes of getting some new curly products for the salon.

Asking me to send all the products I use is kind of like asking someone to type the phone book ... but I'll give her some of my favs !!! I already warned her - I'll send you them, but you're not allowed to judge me for my addiction !!!

If you haven't tried Mop-C, or like me .. put it at the back of the cupboard ... I still love it. It is one of the few creams that I was able to use in all kinds of weather.
I have been using this in the colder weather - mixing it with lustrasilk shea/mango with really good results. I use a gel over - the gel could change depending on what I grab that day. But this gave me pretty consistent hair when used over the past 1-2 months.

good reviews. i have been looking at this creme thinking if i should get it. i really like big clump curls, well i sometimes had them and i think they are fun. i am feeling good with this stuff. does anyone know if ya need to SOTC?
Mop C was THE product to have when I first went CG. AT the time it left my hair Craptastic (to quote Del) - bushy, tacky and dense.

Wonder how it would work a year later....

PS. Johnboy, you are a real product whore! Leave something for the rest of us!
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album

Wonder how it would work a year later....

PS. Johnboy, you are a real product whore! Leave something for the rest of us!
Originally Posted by rudeechick
rudeechick - when I first tried this I was totally disappointed. Like you said - everyone else LOVED it and it did nothing for me. For whatever reason I pulled it back out about 2 months ago when the weather was real cold and it worked well for me. Then someone (I forget who) mentioned they mixed it with lustrasilk and that also has worked really well for me. I have to put a gel over it - even though it has some hold I need more to get my curls to stay put after I crunch out any crunch.

I used it for the first time this summer and wasn't thrilled with it. Pulled it out again once fall/winter came, and I've used it several times a week all winter. I use it with a leave-in underneath and a gel on top, but that's pretty much how I use any curl cream. When I SOTC I have soft, defined, shiny curls. Love it!
3b with a little 3a
Mostly CG, but I love me some amodimethicone.

Cleanse: V05 Kiwi Lime Clarifying Conditioner; CJ Hibiscus Bliss low poo; LLL Green Tea Cleanse
Rinse-Out: Kenra moisturizing conditioner, Redken All Soft (old formula), LVPNG, LVPHG
Leave-In
: Agave nectar plus Sebastian Potion 9 or Aloeba
Style: Dab of QCCC, Re:Coil or Mop-C under BRHG/HESMU combo

Originally Posted by Johnboy
I tried this product over a year ago now and the fact that I am still using it says how good this product is !! Most of the other ones I used at that time, have long since been passed on.

I have also used SheaM under the Mop-C. It seems to work better on me with a richer leave-in. If I use a leave-in like KBB Nectar, SheaM or Milkshake, I do get a little crunch, but not too much ... and it is easily scrunched out. I don't have to use a product to do it - just my hands.

It is a little thick, so you have to get used to how much you use for yourself. Someone accurately described it as being the consistency of Elmer's glue that you used in school ... sounds appetizing doesn't it !!!

I don't think it is a product you should use everyday; I think it would be a bit much on your hair eventually, but in a rotation, it is well worth the price IMO.

HTH
That would be ME xcptnl

I really loved Mop-C but I'm convinced it was the culprit with my build up issues a couple wks. ago. I went against my own rules of rotating stuff and was using it every wash. I think if I used it once a week it might be fine but I'm a little FREAKED cuz the build up was so bad and YES like rudee left my hair in a CRAP-tastic state!!!!!! The hold it gave me was super though....
Discovered CG 2007

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

That would be ME xcptnl

Originally Posted by DEL2C
Ditto. I loved it at first, but the build up was fast and furious for me ( I was using it every day). It took a while to recover from the mess that ensued. I think once every week or two might work for me, but I'll have to get my nerve up to try it again - I don't want to face 4 or 5 weeks of horrific hair again.
April
3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

I'm a big advocate of rotating products ... I can see how this product would build up on your hair - especially if you were just water washing and conditioning afterwards. It is thick.

I gives me such amazing curls that I never wanted to take the chance of it not working, so I've never used it for days in a row.
I rotate so much that I have never have an issue with product building up. And by mixing it with the lustrasilk I get better distribution as well. I also shampoo (lowpoo) every 3rd day or so again, I would not have a build up problem.

Originally Posted by xcptnl
I was using a Low Poo twice a week and still got build up. I had to break out the SLS TWICE in a week to get rid of it completely. Not fun at all.......
Discovered CG 2007

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

Originally Posted by xcptnl
I'm pretty sure the problem was not rotating products. I was using it every day. However, I also low-poo every day with KC come clean, Innersense, or Enjoy sfs - so it had to be pretty heavy to build up. I ended up having to do a baking soda / acv cleanse, then a couple of sulfate poos to get it all out, and it took quite a while to get my hair back to normal.
I'm sure hair texture / porosity / weather / product combination / the position of the moon / and the direction the wind blows all play a part in it too.
April