Does Anyone Use The Curl Junkie Product Line????

I'm looking for a 4a or 4b that uses curl junkie. Right now I am using KT and KCCC. It's my first product for my newly natural hair. I have a 2 1/2in TWA(just measured today). I have been successful with the KT and KCCC but I would like to try something else. I'm looking at the Curl Junkie line, but I can't find out much. Any suggestions for a 4a/4b mix?

Last edited by akilamonique; 01-14-2008 at 04:40 PM.
Not a 4a or 4b but I use several of the products and love them. The creator of the line is a 4a/b...you can email (via the CJ website) her and ask her for recs.
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000
thanks
I'm only a 3-a .. but I love the line as well.
I use the honey creme leave-in. I really like it- it's very moisturizing and it weighs down my hair. I air-dry my hair, so I use it sparingly otherwise I get white residue.
YES WE CAN!

kdcreigh 4a and b (who knows?)

Relegated to occasional lurking in order to keep the PJ in check!

PW: natural
I use the coffeecoco curl cream and really like it. I put it on right after I shut the shower off - I find it encourages my nonclumping hair to clump. I am not a 4a though

I am a 4a and I like the Coco-Milk conditioner as a light conditioner or as a leave in. I love the Hibiscus and Banana Butta as a leave in and I like the Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix for co-washing.
4a hair
I use Kinky Curly Knot Today and Kinky Curly Curling Custard. My daughters are 3c and 4b.
Originally Posted by kdcreigh
Kdcreigh, aren't you protein sensitive? I can't remember, sorry. How would you say this compares to the Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butter Leave-In? Back in July(2007) sometime, I ordered this one and it was horrible!! It left a bad taste in my mouth as far as the CJ line goes. I'm kinda scared to try anything else.
3c-4a; Protein Sensitive(forms of wheat, keratin, soy and anything "hydrolyzed"). My hair hates coconut oil and jojoba oil(sometimes).
http://photobucket.com/teshon PW: crazycurls
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/teshonandfamily

Last edited by teshon; 01-23-2008 at 09:11 AM.
Originally Posted by kdcreigh
Kdcreigh, aren't you protein sensitive? I can't remember, sorry. How would you say this compares to the Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butter Leave-In? Back in July(2007) sometime I ordered this one and it was horrible!! It Left a bad taste in my mouth as far as the CJ line goes. I'm kinda scared to try anything else.
Originally Posted by teshon
Hi, Teshon,

Yes, I'm protein sensitive. Generally speaking, I can't use protein-containing products for more than a few days in a row. I've been alternating the Afrodetangler with the Curl Junkie honey creme leave-in. Lately I've been co-washing every three days so after my co-wash, I'll change the leave-in. I haven't had any build-up so far (I've been shampooing once every two weeks).

The honey creme leave-in is lighter than the honey butta. It's a very thick liquid (it comes in a bottle). It absorbs into my hair more easily but it still takes about 10 minutes to completely vanish. PM me if you'd like a sample of it.

I've been re-trying several products because when I first went natural (a little over a year ago) I had unrealistic expectations of both my hair and the products that I was using. My hair is also very different now. I had a scary amount of post-partum shedding and cut my hair pretty short over the summer in order to even it out. I have a completely new head of hair now that is not under the influence of pregnancy hormones!
YES WE CAN!

kdcreigh 4a and b (who knows?)

Relegated to occasional lurking in order to keep the PJ in check!

PW: natural
Originally Posted by teshon
Hi, Teshon,

Originally Posted by kdcreigh
Oh, cool! Congratulations! I can alternate hair products with protein every couple of days, also . I tried this a few months ago with Elucence and It worked. But for some reason, with the honey butta my hair became dried out instantly! It was a while ago when I tried it, though. I want to say that I may have only used it twice, but I can't quite remember(I have to check my notebook). I'd be willing to try a sample of the Honey Creme Leave-in to compare. Thanks, I'll PM you!
http://photobucket.com/teshon PW: crazycurls