Diva Dryer vs. Curl Ease Towel

What is the main difference between these two towels? They both seem to do the same thing in their description. Has anyone had better luck with one or the other?
The diva dryer is a hair dryer, and the deva fuser is an attachment that can (supposedly) go on any hair dryer. It's shaped like a hand and you put it under the hair against the head. The curl ease towel is made of birdseye cotton and supposedly helps suck water out of your hair without frizz.
3A low/medium porosity, medium texture

Current products:
Stylers: HE Tousle Me Softly, Condition 3-in-1 Mousse
Conditioners: Terax Crema, Mill Creek Botanicals Henna Conditioner
Cleanser: DevaCurl NoPoo

I guess I should have been more specific.. I was actually referring to Aquis Mimi's Diva Dryer Hair Towel. I wanted to know if there was actually a difference between that and the CurlEase towel. I am thinking about purchasing one of them and just was curious if there was any difference.

Thank you for the info about the hairdryers though!!
I haven't used the curlease towel though I have seen it at bed bath and beyond for 19.99. I have many Aquis Diva towels I got for 5.99 at Acme. I like them, the turbans I have slept in when I DT. I also really like the Earth Threaputics towels from Ulta and I have another no name brand I got at Target in the beauty supply section for 4.99, both the Target one and Ulta one work great for Plopping!
JEN 3b, currently bored with my hair.

Thank you for the info about the hairdryers though!!
Originally Posted by curlygreek
Hah! My mistake, shows how much Diva/Deva has entered our lexicon here at NC.com.

I actually HAVE the towel you're talking about too, and it's microfiber. I do like it, though I guess if I had to make a judgment I get a wee bit more frizz with it than I do with a t-shirt.
3A low/medium porosity, medium texture

Current products:
Stylers: HE Tousle Me Softly, Condition 3-in-1 Mousse
Conditioners: Terax Crema, Mill Creek Botanicals Henna Conditioner
Cleanser: DevaCurl NoPoo

at what stage in the styling process do you use the towel?

Last edited by everlasting*gobstoppers; 02-15-2008 at 11:23 AM. Reason: spelling
I usually use a towel to blot out the water and then a t-shirt to plop. my hair will literally take all day to air-dry, and it is still VERY wet when I take it down from plopping.. which is after about 20 minutes. If I were to leave my hair in a regular towel for that long, a lot of moisture would be sucked out, but I end up getting frizzies. I was hoping to find something that would offer more absorbtion than a t-shirt.
at what stage in the styling process do you use the towel?
Originally Posted by everlasting*gobstoppers

Normally I co wash, rinse, add leave in, add gel, then plop in MF towel while I do my makeup and other getting ready things, 15-20 mins I take the towel out and style then use it to sqeeze any excess water out, by the time I get to work it's usually pretty dry. Love these towels they suck up alot more water than a normal towel
JEN 3b, currently bored with my hair.
I use my curlease a lot more than my Diva towel. I really love the curlease towel -- it seems to remove just enough water from hair and the thinness of the towel lets me scrunch my hair, I can feel my hair through towel, if that makes sense....anyway, I can't go without it and I've used it for about maybe 2 years now, and it comes out great wash after wash-love it!
pw: curls
3b/a
Cowash - No Poo, Suave Coconut
Conditioner - One Condition
Leave In - KCKT
Gel - KCCC at the moment
Originally Posted by hockeymomof3
I totally understand - that is why I like using a tshirt (besides the fact my hair does not caught in the nubbies of some of the microfiber towels). I may need to purchase one of these towels.

I've used both. I think the acquis Diva-dryer makes my hair a little more frizzy than the Curlease; however, the MF towel helps my hair dry much faster.
What I have been doing lately is ... After applying products into soaking wet hair, I scrunch my hair with the MF towel .. only a little - just so that my hair isn't dripping.
I then plop with the Curlease towel. My hair hasn't been frizzy, but it still doesn't dry as quickly as it does with the MF towel.
I'd recommend either towel though. Although the MF towel does give me a little frizz, I still end up with great curls and my hair dries SO fast that I can overlook the little bit of frizz that I get.
I get less frizz from the Curlease. The texture of it works better on my hair.

A t-shirt works almost as well though for me.
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
I have never seen a curlease towel in any stores locally like a Bed Bath & Beyond - are they in a special section? Everytime I am in one I check the 'spa' area but have to find one. I would love to be able to buy locally without having to pay shipping.

I like the thinness/smoothness of the Curl-Ease better, but if I'm going to plop I really prefer to use a turban-type towel (it's too much of a pain to get out of the shower and put my head down on the toilet lid, which I don't really like to do anyway, and so forth when I can just put the turban on right in the shower). I wish there were a Curl-Ease turban with elastic around the edge because that would be the best of both worlds for me.
2b/2c/3a
Back on CG (OK, I'm a little indecisive).
pw: curls
Currently using: Whole Foods 365 Herbal Mint Conditioner (co-wash), MOP Mixed Greens Conditioner, Paul Mitchell Lite Detangler, CK, ISO Bouncy Creme. Gave up on plopping due to tangles/"stickiness" and now I just comb through products and diffuse. It looks basically as good and dries a lot faster (I wasn't getting good clumps from plopping anyway). Still wish I were a lot curlier!
Originally Posted by spacedcowgirl
If I knew how to sew that would be the bomb!!!