Curlease Towel - I am in love

OK..I got this the other day and I am in love. I really thought the tshirt I was using was doing a great job (I cannot use the MF towels at all) but I now know different. I get almost no frizz now (any I do get is the stuff that shows up as the day goes on). I can scrunch into the top/root while my hair is wet with this towel and get more volume w/o creating frizz. I can actually plop for a brief time while I get dressed and no fuzzies either. The only downfall for me is it's size (it's big) but I can live with that.

It's definitely part of my routine! I can't live without it. I love it!
pw: curls
3b/a
Cowash - No Poo, Suave Coconut
Conditioner - One Condition
Leave In - KCKT
Gel - KCCC at the moment
I read on another thread that the curlease towel feels like linen. That sounds good to me. I hate the feel of microfibre towels and they always seem to catch on my dry skin - *shudder*.

I'm really tempted to get one.
ITA, the curlease is awesome. i actually just got a second one so i can have one in the wash, one to use.
3A; I have HG products!
Curl enhancer: Mop-C curl cream
DT: Deva Heaven in Hair; JC WDT
Gel: B&A; Arc Angel
Conditioner: Deva OneC; JC too shea
Frizz fighters: CK, JCS C&S
PW: curlynow
I originally balked at the price of this towel, but I have no regrets now. I love mine.
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
I've got one on the way. Can't wait to try it.

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

I just got mine ... LOVE IT. I still use a MF towel to scrunch after putting in my products. I only scrunch it a bit - just enough to stop my hair from dripping.

Since I've been using this, if I have frizz it is because I have diffused too long - not from the plopping.

Highly recommend it. And it does remind me of the feeling of linen.
Yes, I love mine, too! I even keep one at my parents house (they live in New England, I'm in Calif.)! Much better than the MF towel, which I always felt reacted like Velcro on my hair....
3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl

Twitter: nopoojillipoo
I'm curious about this as I really need something that will help my hair dry faster and diffusing just leaves me frizzy (as I'm sitting here cold with dripping wet hair). And I have a feeling my hair won't like a MF towel.
At what point in your routine do you use your towel. I like to apply product to sopping wet hair so I was wondering if anyone uses it AFTER applying product.
Thanks!
3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
I always use after applying products. I put all my products in wet hair. Once that is done I flip upside down and scrunch with the curlease and then I flip upright and scrunch some more using the curlease. I have actually been plopping for about 5 minutes with this towel (which I had stopped doing before).

Originally Posted by xcptnl
I do what xcptnl does -- except my hair isn't long enough to plop, so I don't do that part. I diffuse with warm air using the PixieCurl method after I use my CurlEase towel.

Originally Posted by jillipoo
Yes- like jillipoo I diffuse after using the Pixiecurl method as well.

I got mine last night and used it this morning. Boy, that sucker is huge!! That makes it nice, though, because I could keep scrunching and moving to a different dry section. I scrunched with it a lot this morning after applying products and I really liked the fact that it removed excess water but didn't seem to remove any product, plus I didn't have to worry about frizzies. If it keeps working for me this well, I will definitely be investing in a couple more. The price will be worth it!

Originally Posted by msgiblet
And for those who plop, you can see where the length could really come in handy, yes?

Originally Posted by msgiblet
Originally Posted by jillipoo
Oh yeah! I didn't plop this morning, but it would definitely be a good plopping towel.

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

I don't plop with the Curl Ease towel. I could never get that figured out with any large piece of fabric so I quit trying.

I have a micro fiber turban instead that I need to use.

As for what I use the Curl Ease towel for, it's great for scrunching/blotting & for protecting my shirt while my hair air dries when my micro fiber towel is in the wash. I like having a back up as nice as this.

Last edited by lazy loops; 02-26-2008 at 09:33 AM.
I have one of those turban towels with the loop&button. I think if someone could figure out how to make a curlease lined one of these - I would be in freaking curl heaven!

Originally Posted by xcptnl
Yep, I do the same. Except, when I do plop, I do it for longer. And I love the size of the towel- makes it perfect for plopping IMO, it's so much easier to tie it up.
Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
HG products:
Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
I am seriously tempted...especially with my hair being difficult lately...I'll try anything!!! lol
2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!
I'm pretty sold on this too but I'll wait until I need to place a bigger order on curlmart (or until there's a sale) to order it
3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"