Old 02-23-2008, 08:19 AM   #1

Default Curlease Towel - I am in love

OK..I got this the other day and I am in love. I really thought the tshirt I was using was doing a great job (I cannot use the MF towels at all) but I now know different. I get almost no frizz now (any I do get is the stuff that shows up as the day goes on). I can scrunch into the top/root while my hair is wet with this towel and get more volume w/o creating frizz. I can actually plop for a brief time while I get dressed and no fuzzies either. The only downfall for me is it's size (it's big) but I can live with that.

Old 02-23-2008, 08:38 AM   #2

hockeymomof3's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2005

It's definitely part of my routine! I can't live without it. I love it!
pw: curls
hockeymomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:48 AM   #3

Chrysovyi's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007

I read on another thread that the curlease towel feels like linen. That sounds good to me. I hate the feel of microfibre towels and they always seem to catch on my dry skin - *shudder*.

I'm really tempted to get one.
Chrysovyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:48 AM   #4

rejoicingcurlygirl's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Send a message via AIM to rejoicingcurlygirl

ITA, the curlease is awesome. i actually just got a second one so i can have one in the wash, one to use.
3A; I have HG products!
rejoicingcurlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:54 AM   #5

redcelticcurls's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2006
Send a message via Yahoo to redcelticcurls

I originally balked at the price of this towel, but I have no regrets now. I love mine.
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
redcelticcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:15 PM   #6

Join Date: Aug 2006

I've got one on the way. Can't wait to try it.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:17 PM   #7

FrizzBgone's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007

I just got mine ... LOVE IT. I still use a MF towel to scrunch after putting in my products. I only scrunch it a bit - just enough to stop my hair from dripping.

Since I've been using this, if I have frizz it is because I have diffused too long - not from the plopping.

Highly recommend it. And it does remind me of the feeling of linen.
FrizzBgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 04:47 PM   #8

Join Date: Oct 2007

Yes, I love mine, too! I even keep one at my parents house (they live in New England, I'm in Calif.)! Much better than the MF towel, which I always felt reacted like Velcro on my hair....
3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl

Old 02-26-2008, 07:17 AM   #9

Magoo's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2002

I'm curious about this as I really need something that will help my hair dry faster and diffusing just leaves me frizzy (as I'm sitting here cold with dripping wet hair). And I have a feeling my hair won't like a MF towel.
At what point in your routine do you use your towel. I like to apply product to sopping wet hair so I was wondering if anyone uses it AFTER applying product.
Thanks!
3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 07:48 AM   #10

Join Date: Oct 2005

I always use after applying products. I put all my products in wet hair. Once that is done I flip upside down and scrunch with the curlease and then I flip upright and scrunch some more using the curlease. I have actually been plopping for about 5 minutes with this towel (which I had stopped doing before).

Old 02-26-2008, 07:59 AM   #11

Originally Posted by xcptnl View Post
I do what xcptnl does -- except my hair isn't long enough to plop, so I don't do that part. I diffuse with warm air using the PixieCurl method after I use my CurlEase towel.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:00 AM   #12

Originally Posted by jillipoo View Post
Originally Posted by xcptnl View Post
Yes- like jillipoo I diffuse after using the Pixiecurl method as well.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:32 AM   #13

Join Date: Aug 2006

I got mine last night and used it this morning. Boy, that sucker is huge!! That makes it nice, though, because I could keep scrunching and moving to a different dry section. I scrunched with it a lot this morning after applying products and I really liked the fact that it removed excess water but didn't seem to remove any product, plus I didn't have to worry about frizzies. If it keeps working for me this well, I will definitely be investing in a couple more. The price will be worth it!

Old 02-26-2008, 08:36 AM   #14

Originally Posted by msgiblet View Post
And for those who plop, you can see where the length could really come in handy, yes?

Old 02-26-2008, 08:38 AM   #15

Originally Posted by jillipoo View Post
Originally Posted by msgiblet View Post
Oh yeah! I didn't plop this morning, but it would definitely be a good plopping towel.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:55 AM   #16

Join Date: Dec 2003

I don't plop with the Curl Ease towel. I could never get that figured out with any large piece of fabric so I quit trying.

I have a micro fiber turban instead that I need to use.

As for what I use the Curl Ease towel for, it's great for scrunching/blotting & for protecting my shirt while my hair air dries when my micro fiber towel is in the wash. I like having a back up as nice as this.

Last edited by lazy loops; 02-26-2008 at 09:33 AM.
lazy loops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:33 AM   #17

Join Date: Oct 2005

I have one of those turban towels with the loop&button. I think if someone could figure out how to make a curlease lined one of these - I would be in freaking curl heaven!

Old 02-26-2008, 10:11 AM   #18

Gemini13's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2006

Originally Posted by xcptnl View Post
Yep, I do the same. Except, when I do plop, I do it for longer. And I love the size of the towel- makes it perfect for plopping IMO, it's so much easier to tie it up.
Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
HG products:
Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
Gemini13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:12 AM   #19

Doodles's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2004
Send a message via AIM to Doodles Send a message via Yahoo to Doodles

I am seriously tempted...especially with my hair being difficult lately...I'll try anything!!! lol
2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!
Doodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:19 AM   #20

Magoo's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2002

I'm pretty sold on this too but I'll wait until I need to place a bigger order on curlmart (or until there's a sale) to order it
3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote