Old 04-30-2008, 07:20 PM   #181

Originally Posted by hopetocurl View Post
So I tried FrizzBGone's concoction of JCS C&S and then Mop-C. I have to say, that my hair looks good but not the same great results I get when I use the CK and the Mop-C. I have more frizz than I get when I use the CK. However, I know that my hair like glycerin and CK is full of it...and the C&S isn't...maybe that's the difference. I'll stick to the CK...
I'll keep the CK in mind for the muggy days of summer that will be coming. CK works great for me, but I only tend to use it when I'm more likely to have frizz problems.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:34 AM   #182

Join Date: Feb 2008

I don't know if someone has already mentioned this (i don't feel like sifting through 5 pages of posts) but BBW now sells the curl defining cream on their website!

YAY!
"The crazy starts deep within and just comes spiraling out the top!" ~ best curly hair quote
curlygreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:04 AM   #183

swirlygirl's Avatar

Originally Posted by curlygreek View Post
The consistency is a major difference. Mop-C is kind of like glue. The Biotera is more like lotion.

For me, the Mop-C provided the hold I needed. Biotera did not give me any hold whatsoever. I had poofy hair and frizz by the end of the day. And no second day hair. The Mop-C really kinks of my curls. Biotera gave me more waves.

I haven't really had a problem with the Mop-C building up on me - but I also use Redken FreshCurls, which has sulfate in it. But it isn't harsh. If I notice my curls are kind of limp, I just go a baking soda rinse and I'm good to go.
Thanks for the feedback. I have the Mop-C and I agree it is like glue. I just get terrible frizz and I don't like CK and C&S takes away some of my curl. I don't know what it is about the mop-c that makes me a frizz-head, but I might have to give it up even if I do like the curls. There must just be something my hair doesn't like. How often do you shampoo with the FreshCurls?

I tend to need good hold or my curls fall, so Biotera probably wouldn't work for me. I didn't gat any hold and not much curl from the gel.
2B ~ Lovin' it short again!
Aloe 80 Shampoo & Conditioner, Shea Butter & Aveda Control Paste
Fotki PW: swirlygirl
Updated 7/13/08

swirlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:27 PM   #184

Originally Posted by curlygreek View Post

YAY!
I ordered some Mop-c from www.goddess-within.com and got it in less than a week. I live in Canada; it normally takes products at least a week to make their way through customs.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:53 AM   #185

Join Date: Jul 2007

Okay perhaps this is a stupid question but can I ask what's so different about this gel from any other? I only ask because I've never had much luck with gels, nor really understood how some work and others don't. Im always worried its going to make my hair really crunchy and create that 'wet look' which I hate because I like soft, bouncy curls. Does Mop-C do this?
Old 05-03-2008, 04:38 PM   #186

Originally Posted by kat180 View Post
Hi Kat

I may have misunderstood your post, but just in case ... Mop-C isn't a gel; it is a creme. Many use gel over it.

The Mop-C gives my hair lots of soft bouncy curls. Any crunch is easily scrunched out with either your hands; N&S works really well also.

The only time I ended up with 'the wet' look was when I used too much of Mop-C. It wasn't crunchy, but it did have that wet look.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:53 AM   #187

Join Date: Jul 2007

Has anyone used their curl enhancing conditioner? Is it cg friendly?
Old 05-04-2008, 04:05 PM   #188

rejoicingcurlygirl's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Send a message via AIM to rejoicingcurlygirl

The conditioner has a cone in it. I think the shampoo is cg though.
3A; I have HG products!
PW: curlynow
rejoicingcurlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:37 PM   #189

Join Date: Mar 2008

I've been reading through this thread and think I'm going to try MOP-C, but have questions about some of the products people are using wit it.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:57 AM   #190

hopetocurl's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008

See my responses above...
Currently, using JC HCC, Too Shea, CK and CCSS, RR or LOOB or MOP-C.
CK is the one!!

as of 6/17/10 - I have to add Joico!

Pics at: http://public.fotki.com/hopetocurl/
pw:wheredacurls

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names and each is a different color. But they all have to learn how to live in the same box. ~Anonymous

Life is full of oxymorons....and morons too. ~hopetocurl
hopetocurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:52 PM   #191

See my responses above...
You can purchase SheaM at a few places. I've always purchased mine from www.beautyofnewyork.com

Jane Carter Solution products are also sold at beautyofnewyork.com. Some have managed to find them locally at some health food stores. Curl Mart and www.honeyfig.com also sell it.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:12 PM   #192

Originally Posted by FrizzBgone View Post

See my responses above...

Thank you both so much. I'm fairly new around here and trying to make sense of my curls and possible products to use. I think I may try both of these since they are reasonably priced.

Old 05-06-2008, 05:30 AM   #193

xcptnl's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2005

Cypressmom - I didnt read the whole last part of this thread but my local Whole Food stores carry the Jane Carter line.

xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:05 PM   #194

Join Date: Mar 2008

I don't have a Whole Foods near me, but will see if I can find a local store.

Old 05-10-2008, 01:17 AM   #195

ms_isela's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007

Could the Mop C be a replacement for the now discountinued GF Soft Curl Cream which was my HG, & could it be considered an all-in-one product??

Im trying to simplify my life, so if this could be used as an all-in-one (moisture, definition & hold) I wouldnt mind spending the money for it.

I also already own SM & some gels to use with it, until they are all gone. Then just continue with this one product.
Hair loves:
VO5 Free Me Freesia
Sheamoisture Products
Curls for Target brand
L.A Looks Curls Mega Hold Gel (occasionally)
Aloe, oils, butters, Henna/Indigo
Curly fros, braid outs, twists, twist outs & puffs.

Check me out on YouTube

Stop buying things we donít need, with money we donít have, to impress people we donít like!!! Adrian Rogers
ms_isela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:07 AM   #196

Join Date: Oct 2007
Default Suggestions on how to use MOP-C Curl defining creme

My DH picked up a tube of this for me yesterday and I tried it. Can anyone tell a wavy/curly, like a 2B how to use. I think I may have used too much. My hair was really crunching and not very good looking. Sort of stiff. I used like a nickel size for the back of my hair, and for the front and sides a little smaller amount even mixed with a bit of water. Then diffused. I would really like to like this but am on the fence....
djdaclwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:34 AM   #197

Originally Posted by djdaclwn View Post
First off, I have to comment ... Your DH picked up a tube for you .... OMG, my DH doesn't anywhere near those stores !!! .... Hats off to your hubby !!!
It does sound like you used too much. I use it on my daughter's waist length 2a-b wavy hair. I don't use as much in her hair as you used in your's. I still use a leave-in in my daughter's hair ... normally a spray on one, so her hair doesn't get weighed down. I really like JCS Revitalizing Leave-in or Oyin's Juice & Berries. After applying the leave-in, I have her tip over and I use about a nickels worth with her hair hanging down. When she lifts her head up, I put not quite a dime's worth. I tip her head back over and apply a small amount of gel (between a dime and a nickel) scrunching up her hair. I plop in a Curlease towel and then diffuse. It works amazing on her hair.

When I first started using it, I had stiff hair as well ... It meant I was using too much. The combo I use with Mop-C is: SheaM (leave-in), C&S, Mop-C, scrunched in gel (either MopTop or MGA sculpting gel), plop with a Curlease towel .. sometimes I'll scrunch in a small amount of gel after plopping. It depends how my hair feels when I take off the towel.

If my hair is really crunchy, I will sometimes use N&S to scrunch out the crunch. You really have to be careful not to use too much though, or your hair will get really greasy looking.

HTH .... Good luck with it.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:36 PM   #198

cindreland's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Default First time user

After reading this thread I had to try this product. It has been so long since I've had a good hair day, besides wearing it back. I have a lot of hair, but it is fine and corkscrew curly. The shorter it is the tighter the curls. Last summer I went for a trim and the woman destroyed my hair. She convinced me she knew how to cut curly hair so I let her. She razored it until it was an inch at the roots, and grew increasing longer as it got to the ends. This cut looks great on people with a lot of thick straight hair....curly horrible. That was nearly a year ago and it still has not completely grown. Anyway I washed with Suave Naturals apple conditioner, cold water rinsed, applied Garnier leave-in and topped it off with a peanut-sized portion of Mop-C. It was a little tiny crunchy (nothing like gel or mousse). I worked the crunch out and was left with soft unfrizzy curls. Even my thin ends curled. Normally the roots are curled and the last three inches of ends hang pretty straight. My hair actually looked pretty again. Thanks for the thread on this product.
cindreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:36 AM   #199

Join Date: Jul 2007

Hmm maybe I didn't use it right-tried it for first time today and has left my hair dry and poofy. I don't think I put alot in either. Why is it all the products everyone raves about never work for me?
Old 05-11-2008, 01:30 PM   #200

Originally Posted by kat180 View Post
I hate when that happens

Did you use a leave-in with it? If I don't use a leave-in with everything, I always end up with dry, frizzy hair. You may not have used enough either. If you don't get it evenly distributed, the hair that hasn't received the product will normally frizz up on you.