MOP-C Curl Defining Creme - I think I am in love!

I dont have a specific leave-in but I don't wash my conditioner out. I also applied gel afterwards which might have been the problem. I have used it a second time without the gel and I like it a bit better, still frizzy though. I might try to use Mop-C as a sort of gel itself and apply it after my boots curls creme, see what happens. I want to like this product but at the same time it is expensive for such a small tube. I can see it lasting about 2 weeks.

And so the experiments continue.....

And so the experiments continue.....
Originally Posted by kat180
It is definitely one of the pricier products out there. I rotate all of my products, so I don't go through any of them that quickly.

The combo I love with the Mop-C is SheaM, C&S, Mop-C, small amount of gel scrunched in.

Are you getting frizz when you use the leave-in with any other products? It could be that you need something like a CK or C&S to fight the frizz.

I hope you find some way to make it work .....

No i find if I use Boots creme/gel I get way less frizz and much softer curls. Those are all I have tried so far. I think I will keep the bottle and try it later-Id like to try CK but I have to do a big order from CurlMart to make it worth while.
After reading this thread yesterday, I went out to Bath and Body Works to pick up the Mop-C curl cream, only to find that the store does not carry it. I ordered it online this afternoon, and I have to tell you, I feel very odd ordering a $15 tube of hair cream ($20 with shipping). That said, I'm still excited for it to come in. I desperately need a CG replacement for my beloved GF soft curl cream.
It's official - I love this product! I only had to use a bit and I've got soft bouncy curls!
I have a full tube for sale on the swap board if anyone is interested! (Comes with a free sample size jar of Jane Carter N&S!)
In my quest for a silicone-free hair product, I came across a thread on nc.com in which one of the members said that MOP-C was the closest thing to Curls Rock that she had found. I about peed myself because no silicone-free product had stood up to my beloved Curls Rock. I by chance stumbled across it at Bath and Body Works, and I was not going to pass up a chance to try it out.

I think I'm in love. As soon as I put it in my hands, I knew it was different than the other natural products I had tried. It had a very similar consistency to Curls Rock, which I know is what my hair needs. My coarse 3a hair does not respond well to gels or mousses, and most silicone-free curl cremes are too light and don't give me any hold. (ex. Biotera Curl Creme)

My hair isn't fully dry yet, but I can tell it is responding the same way as it did with Curls Rock. I have no frizz (which I would by now with other stuff), and I am a bit crunchy, but I can scrunch that right out.

I am so excited!! If I get second day hair from this stuff.. it might be my HG!
Originally Posted by curlygreek
Just to let you know I was at Ultra today and they have the Mop-C products buy 2 get 1 free. I bought 2 Mop-C curl creams and 1 of the curl refresher. Have you used the curl refresher?
Originally Posted by curly2
I've used the Curl Refresher ... it is okay, but I won't likely repurchase. I really like the Mop-C Spray Pommade though; it is amazing stuff. It can be used as a refresher, or on damp hair to give your curls some hold. I'll definitely repurchase it. It is similar to the SIF, but much better. I am not keen on the Devacurl products.
bump

I wonder how this would work in my thick hair...not that I've been able to find it...
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[/B]

Originally Posted by empressri
Empressi, I've got a tube of this that's about 85% full that you can have for free if you want to cover shipping for it. PM me if you want it.
April
3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

Originally Posted by empressri
Originally Posted by AprilnUtah
Pm'ed you!!
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[/B]
I really want to try this stuff. Does it work better than KCCC?
Co wash: GTTT Conditioner
Rinse out: G 50:50 or GVPCB
Leave In: GDLI
Gel: KCCC and LA Looks Sport
My HG is Pink Boots!
I have used KCCC and loved it while I was using it but I hated the white cast and flakes that it left in my hair. Esp. when I used it with One-C, which just leaves a white cast in my hair anyway.

I've been using the MOP C-Curl since the end of May/beginning of June and I have to say that I prefer it to KCCC. I use less C-Curl than I did KCCC b/c my hair prefers creams to gels and I don't get crunch or the white cast when I plop (it didn't matter with KCCC what I did, I was getting that cast). It seems to interact well with both AOHSR and One-C but I'm looking for a conditioner to replace the One-C b/c it still feels producty.

I've tried to replace KCCC with the AO gels but results were iffy and flakes were horrible (what causes that????). KCCC was the best that I could find but I just wasn't getting the results that other people were getting because I had to use a LOT and I got flakes. i even watched the videos. I had to put body lotion on top to kill the flakes and crunch and that was a pain.

The C-Curl works better for me because of the glue-like consistency. After I plop with C-Curl, it still looks kind of white and coated but as it dries, the whiteness dissipitates. I discovered a trick though: After plopping with the C-Curl, spritz the hair all over with water so that the curls perk up. It will dry with both hang and popping curls. As a 4a/4b, I am not necessarily used to "hanging hair" as it just grows outwards and upwards but this perfectly highlights my asymmetrical cut and gets that hang for me. Love, love, love, love it.
Hair Type: 4a/4b with splatters of 3c. Cottony with severe shrinkage.

Products:
No Poo: DevaCurl No Poo or KC Come Clean.

Conditioner: One-C layered under AOHSR lightly rinsed out and mostly left in.

Stylers: MOP C-System Curl Defining Cream (replacing KCCC!!!) with water sprayed on top to make curls POP!!!

Treatments: GPB 2x month. AOHSR deep condition 2x month. But lazy!!!!

STILL trying for 2day and 3day hair.
Holy cow! This stuff is great! I have beautiful, shiny, soft, defined curls. This is possibly the best hairday I've had since I started going CG (which has only been about a month, but still). I used a leave-in, the Mop C-Curl creme, and some BHRG mixed with Vive Pro Glossy Curls spray gel on top. Then I clipped and air-dried. Here are the results:

Pacific Northwest 3a/3b, medium all across the board, possibly porous.

Low-Poo: Trader Joe's Refresh
Co-wash: V05 Tea Therapy Chamomile, Giovanni TTTT
Rinse-out: GVP Conditioning Balm, Yes to Tomatoes, EO Chamomile & Honey
Leave-in: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab, Sonoma Soap Company First Crush
Deep Treatment: Jessicurl WDT
Gels: BRHG, Biotera
Stylers/Mousses: Komaza Coconut Pudding, Curls Goddess Glaze
I checked onlie and couldn't find this product at B&BW. Is it still sold in the stores?
I got mine off eBay for about $14 total. I hear the larger B & BWs carry it, but not some of the smaller ones.

P.S. I even got 2nd day hair without any extra styling! A first!
Pacific Northwest 3a/3b, medium all across the board, possibly porous.

Low-Poo: Trader Joe's Refresh
Co-wash: V05 Tea Therapy Chamomile, Giovanni TTTT
Rinse-out: GVP Conditioning Balm, Yes to Tomatoes, EO Chamomile & Honey
Leave-in: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab, Sonoma Soap Company First Crush
Deep Treatment: Jessicurl WDT
Gels: BRHG, Biotera
Stylers/Mousses: Komaza Coconut Pudding, Curls Goddess Glaze
I finally got my special order of this from my local beauty store (Empire Beauty in San Diego). It is very much like Elmer's Glue! I wasn't too sure about it when it went in as it was so sticky. I added abit of water in my hands as I just could not see how I was going to distribute this even on my very fine and thin hair. I used a nickel sized blob. That was plenty without being too much.

I used a little bit of my Abba gel after and I used my normal products prior to get a good feel for this Mop C CDC. Overall I like it. It clearly made my hair VERY curly. I've got ringlet's everywhere and they are very well formed. I need another haircut though (this is now obvious) but won't be going back to the Deva Cut stylist--I just paid a lot of money one month ago for a cut and it needs it again.

Back to product: My hair is soft (I used my Giovanni DLI prior to the Mop C) and the curls are pretty well clumped without being over clumped--so that's great.

I'm not ready yet to give HG status but it is absolutely in the rotation. Thumbs up!
FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: http://thewavytales.blogspot.com/
After being able to use it a few more times I think it is just o.k. The smell of citrus toothpaste is just really off putting to me. The feeling of Elmer glue isn't really helping either. It feels sticky and sometimes stays sticky in my hair if I don't use the exact right amount.

So not HG for me. It works o.k. but I have found other things that work as well and/or better like DM Mira Curls Gelly, DB Natural Coil Gelly, and Curls Gel-Les'C.
FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: http://thewavytales.blogspot.com/
This site is such a nightmare for my serious PJ problems! Once I read that the MOP-C system Curl cream was like Curls Rock, I knew I would go out and get some. (BTW, if you're near South Brooklyn - Brighton Beach Beauty Supply in Sheepshead Bay sells it for 13.99. Their website doesn't have it). My hair is thin, but there's a lot of it, mid-neck length, not shiny and prone to frizz. After years of being wavy, it's now pretty curly. Maybe I'm a 3A. Anyway, I used about a dime size amount of the MOP-C stuff, about a half-dollar size amount of Curlisto Control Gel I (again, the PJ in me trekked to that salon and scored some samples including Structura Lotion, which I like but will require more experimenting) and diffuse dried. My hair is a bit poofier than normal (For the past few months I've just been drying the underneath layers and crown with the Devafuser and scrunching out later) but I love volume and my goodness there's some shine! I was reserved with the amount of cream I used, so this weekend I will experiment using more and without any gel. I might try air-drying/devafuser, something I could never do with Curls Rock - gunk and crunch city.

Finally a curl cream that doesn't have silicones and actually DOES something!